Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims Life Stories Careers, Game Development Career!

by Richi3frog Posted 26th May 2007 at 11:37 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:06 PM by whiterider

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 27th May 2007 at 3:48 PM
Ummm, this has already been made..
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th May 2007 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poplers
Ummm, this has already been made..

Yes it has but unless I'm mistaken and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The previous download by Numenor & Mary Lou that had these careers in it has mysteriously disappeared.

So thank you very much for these two careers. I missed them terribly after I upgraded to Seasons. They are seasons compatible yes? Well..I'll try them anyway.

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th May 2007 at 5:59 PM
I think it mysteriously disappeared because Maxis asked it to. Not sure, but I know that's what happened with the Life Stories objects.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th May 2007 at 6:01 PM
Does this allow you to get the new gaming system for the carreer? It's the career award.
Theorist
#6 Old 27th May 2007 at 6:02 PM
There was Life storys Objects?
If so, Why Hasn't Maxis Asked the whole, Lost and Found Bit to be shut down, As They conflickt a little don't they?
Back on Track.
Thank you for Makeing these!
There Great!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th May 2007 at 6:49 PM
Hang on, why would Maxis even ask for the LIfe Stories stuff to disappear? Because they were converted so well that one wouldn't buy the Life Stories then, or what?

Just seems rather silly and would then make justification for what PETCHY14 said.

I do have the Life Stories version in my game (was lucky enough to grab it before it disappeared.) Just glad there's another version now in case my game crashes or something and my backups fail.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 27th May 2007 at 6:55 PM
heres an explination (of sorts) for why the objects were removed. I believe it violated copyright stuff as Life Stories is a whole other game technically. I don't know if you'll get in trouble for this or not, but I would ask a mod about it if I were you...

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=36085

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Theorist
#9 Old 27th May 2007 at 9:23 PM
Right...
Thats really not a Explantion to me...
But If maxis wanted it gone.
Then Its what must be done.

What were the Life storys objects? Were they new meshes? Or like new animations? Lost and found kinda things...
What??!
I would like to know...

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Instructor
#10 Old 27th May 2007 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
There was Life storys Objects?
If so, Why Hasn't Maxis Asked the whole, Lost and Found Bit to be shut down, As They conflickt a little don't they?
Back on Track.
Thank you for Makeing these!
There Great!!

They didn't ask that to be shut down because is was included in the game that we bought. The reason that they took away the other ones, is because they want to make $$$$$
They wouldn't take away the Lost & Found set, there would be no point.

Also,

The life stories objects were completely different objects created for the sims2:life stories, they included a stove, BBQ, etc..
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:45 PM
I have them already, I'd suggest getting these before they get removed again, if that's the case. EA can hardly come to your home and manually delete the files, can they?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:47 PM
If any of you want this, I would recommend grabbing it before EA complains and moans about not getting money off of it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th May 2007 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by photo_me2004
heres an explination (of sorts) for why the objects were removed. I believe it violated copyright stuff as Life Stories is a whole other game technically. I don't know if you'll get in trouble for this or not, but I would ask a mod about it if I were you...

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=36085

Ahh ok...yet nothing's done about paysites....

-Dennis-
A big nerd at heart.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th May 2007 at 1:09 AM
I already have the stuff from the first time Life Stories stuff was released here at MTS2. I just needed the careers. XD

Thanks frog. :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th May 2007 at 2:31 AM
I'd like to agree. Maxis made a request. While yes, I was lucky enough to get things, and it might not seem fair, Maxis asked. Maxis is ALWAYS good to us simmers, so I'm pretty sure they won't like this. That's my two cents.

It IS a good effort, though.

*Ninja poster!*
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th May 2007 at 2:39 AM
Here are pics from the first LifeStories game. If you type in lifestories and search you can find the objects still available for download.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...c,7267.100.html
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th May 2007 at 9:19 AM
marylou and numenor made the objects and the careers, EA didnt like it and asked to have them removed, the same will proberly happen here.
Instructor
#18 Old 28th May 2007 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dracine
Ahh ok...yet nothing's done about paysites....

Proof please..
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Novastrike
I'd like to agree. Maxis made a request. While yes, I was lucky enough to get things, and it might not seem fair, Maxis asked. Maxis is ALWAYS good to us simmers, so I'm pretty sure they won't like this. That's my two cents.

It IS a good effort, though.

*Ninja poster!*

Maxis, yes, EA, not so much.
Theorist
#20 Old 29th May 2007 at 9:42 AM
Its life. The other Life story Carrer has ALREADY been taken down and yea. Wash, rinse, repeat. BUT. This one dosn't include the offitial career rewards like the others, am I right?
Oh well.
It dosn't bother me. Forgive and Forget. Forgive EA for not likeing it and Forget it ever happend.

Its life :D

PETCHY14

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 3:15 PM
Point 1) Posting off-topic is in violation of a rule on MTS2. Bear that in mind
Point 2) The previous uploads were, in fact, removed for the most part because of the converted meshes and textures. This is what EA objected to. This career, and its counterparts, were approved because it was deemed that EA would not object to the text and icons of their careers being copied across, given that it was nowhere near a direct file conversion.
If an EA rep asks us to remove these files then, of course, we shall do so. Before we start quoting each other in glorious laundry day metaphors, I'd like to point out that you'd all be rather annoyed if uploads were rejected because they *might* offend someone, rather than allowed until this offence was proven to exist and to be reasonable.

Now, could we end this discussion? Thankye very much.
*hangs conversation out to dry*

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 6:46 AM
Wouldn't you want the Pinball Machine for the reward instead of the fingerprint scanner? Just a suggestion. Though I can see why you'd probably want to put a base reward object in, since everyone might not have that peticular expansion, d'oh.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 8:10 PM
Um, tierrah, this is modthesims2, we don't support Life Stories modding, nor we have a place for Life Stories downloads. It's a completely different game. Also, your post was off-topic as this is a download thread not a request area - hence the deletion.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 12:52 AM
has anyone noticed you make more at the second to last spot than you actually do at the top? weird....anyways thanks for the dl!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 6:19 AM
Wonderful work! Me and my simmians thank you!

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Page 1 of 2