Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tall Typhoon Fence and Matching Typhoon Gate

by Brasstex Posted 7th Jun 2007 at 12:11 AM

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 12:30 AM
fantastic! lol I'll tell you if it works well. I can't now because Im tired and Im going to sleep... x) Thankyou for upload this!
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 12:36 AM
Thank you So much for doing this. You have Made my day. I have been waiting a while for this to make a Kennel and this is Just what I needed to do it.

THANKS BUNCHES!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 1:01 AM
Oh.. I LIKE THIS VERY MUCH!

Thank you!
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 1:01 AM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 1:01 AM
Cool Thanks
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 1:11 AM
So many uses for this! Great for my army base! Thanks for making it.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 2:09 AM
Ohh wow! I have been waiting for someone to make something like this.
Perfect for something I'm working on.

Thank you!!!!! :]
Instructor
#9 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 3:19 AM
Thanks. ^^ I shall use the heck and high water out of this thing.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 3:30 AM
Oh wow another one ! Your awesome and thank you very much. =D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 3:55 AM
Amazing!

But the gate texture is kinda weird.

It's not like this in the low fence version. If you could fix this would be really great.

Thnxxx!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 6:12 AM
Finally! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 6:28 AM Last edited by Brasstex : 7th Jun 2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: think I know what Maximus means now.
Quote: Originally posted by MaximusPM
Amazing!

But the gate texture is kinda weird.

It's not like this in the low fence version. If you could fix this would be really great.

Thnxxx!

What exactly? Do you mean the fencing/chain links? Or the bars?

BTX

EDIT: Okay I did some gameplay and noticed what I think you mean. The alpha is a little high on the upper gate bar there and it's blending the fencing/chainlink with a little bit of the lower portion of the bar on the top of the gate. This is a problem that is different than the gate for the other fence, because they are totally different alphas (I couldn't just clone the other ones, because of the height difference it wouldn't look right) I don't really think it's that big of a deal though, you can't see it from a normal game play distance really, and if I fixed it, (which would be very easy) then 1000 or so people would have to redownload it, just for that alpha.

What you can do, is open the texture in SimPE and export the alpha channel, open it up in any paint program and just make the white bar at the top a little wider or shave some of the top of the links would work too, just make the links at the very tip top a solid white stripe. It would be easier for you to do that on a case by case basis I think than for me to redo everyones' when a lot won't care. You also could do a few recolours of the gate and fence and if you do your own alpha textures then you would make them perfect and they would be somewhat popular probably, if you did one in rusty tones, or flat steel/aluminum or whatever.

BTX
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 7:03 AM
thanks! ...this is perfect for stories

Be who you want to be.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 7:46 AM
These are great ! Thanks for sharing! You might want to add that a expansion pack is needed for custom fences to work though .
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 10:35 AM
I'm so using this. Thanks . :D

I'm happy because there's a Sim of Sandrine Holt for The Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 12:28 PM
At last. A fence that I can use with that weird maxis gate.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 1:06 PM
I love the idea of this and it will be very useful in my more urban lots. Thanks for sharing your talent here!

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Scholar
#19 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 2:09 PM
this is great! I have needed fencing like this! thank you!
Instructor
#20 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 2:56 PM
Great idea! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 5:04 PM
wow baby thanks a lot i been looking for this fences for a while to make the urban look more realistic ..nice work keep it up

Live..Laugh..Injoy Life...

Check Out My New Site
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 5:26 PM
I always searched for something like this for my Sims' school and playground ^^.
Thank you so much.
Theorist
#23 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 5:35 PM
Thanks! This will be DEAPLY used!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 6:52 PM
I worship your creations and all the things you touch.

If I am to guess what MaximusPM means it's that the chain links are squished and not as square as the fence chains are.

Or he might mean that the hinges that holds the gate are both at the lower part of the gate and none at the top.

That's just my guesses.

Great stuff as usual BTX!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 7:10 PM
Wow this is great & looks so realistic. Thank you!!
Page 1 of 3