Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Russian Icons" Paintings

by Apollyon Dynamite Posted 8th Jun 2007 at 1:29 AM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 12:37 AM
Very nice posters, wonderful textures.

Retired...

kind of.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 2:05 AM
Sweet!!
I'm Orthodox - These will totally have a place in my self-sim house.
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 6:52 AM
Thanks! I'm not Orthodox, but I definitely have a soft spot for the Icons, and now so can my Sims!
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 7:58 AM
Большое спасибо! Thank you! Really and truly, I have very much wanted these for a long time!

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 6:26 PM
I am Roman Catholic, and these look pretty spectacular. Thanks!

Edit: I am rollin' over what mesh I have to download to get these to work! LOL I love it!
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 3:53 PM
very nice more than thing
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 3:54 PM
Thank u i like that thank 4 made
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 12:27 PM
I can't wait to combine these with your gorgeous steampunk wall set!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 2:17 PM
Very beautiful ! Love it!
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 10:13 AM
Wow! Orthodox icons! Oops ... Yes, I'm not going to church.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 1:23 PM
спасибо
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th May 2013 at 2:59 PM
Thank you for those incredible icons, but they are not only Russian but also Greek-Byzantine and Orthodox. but anyways you did an amazing job!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 4:40 PM Last edited by Joseph N. : 15th Jul 2015 at 5:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kaitoula
Thank you for those incredible icons, but they are not only Russian but also Greek-Byzantine and Orthodox. but anyways you did an amazing job!!

They are just Orthodox (Правослаивие, Pravoslavie-Православни, Pravoslavni) fresco's. Same religious icons are used for every Orthodox Church. Difference if I can call it that, is the saint to whom the church is dedicated to, so, beside Jesus, Madonna etc. there are icons and wall paintings depicting the saint protector of the church, along with some scenes from the Bible.
I am Orthodox, and I want more orthodox stuff about churches. And maybe Orthodox priest career with outfits, blessing ability, calming down dead sim's ghosts etc.
For now though, I will built an orthodox church and put these stuffs in it.