Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Muffin for Breakfast (Microwaveable Series)

by Morague Posted 14th Jun 2007 at 11:30 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 6:05 AM by Morague : fix the non-US English languages

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:04 PM
Thats cool although your sim is weird, he is eating the muffin with a fork >< heehee

Thank you!

My wiki with 1100+ links to the community! Also in categories! Click here!

"Whether it's good or bad, it's so unfortunate to wake up during a dream." - Judeau [Berserk]
#3 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 4:15 PM
Hey this is pretty cool i must say, nice work!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 5:12 PM
Making the microwave useful is such a good idea! Thanks.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:58 PM
i love muffins! and especially for breakfast! thanx for creating and sharing!
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 2:30 AM
I understand you also made a pizza mod. Can these two mods work together?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 3:13 AM
Yes - they have separate GUIDs so there wouldn't be any conflicts

Sheepy-Pie - Unfortunately there aren't any proper animations to get the sims to eat something like a muffin with their hands. I tried it & it just looks awful. The pizza works because it is fairly flat, but the muffin is not.
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 8:11 AM
Can you fix the pie menus for English UK? It says Cup O'Ramen in the pie menu.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 11:53 PM
LOL

Sorry about that! I'll fix it up.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 9:41 PM
Oddly, I can't seem to make this work in my game. I tried clicking on the microwave during the morning hours, and nothing. Does a Sim need a certain cooking skill to make this? I'm not sure why I can't get this to show up.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 12:41 AM
Giggles - they need cooking level 1.

I probably should have just made it no cooking skill :/

If that is not the problem, let me know & I'll see what else it might be.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 7:05 PM
I tried it with two different Sims, both with very high cooking skills, but still haven't been able to make this work. Has anyone else with Seasons tried this and had it work? I've been able to get the pizza and the hot dog to work in my game so far.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 8:35 PM Last edited by Morague : 21st Jun 2007 at 9:44 PM.
Giggles,

This is very strange. Did you download the newest version? I updated it to include non-US English. That's the only think I can think of that would be different, although it's still working fine for me. I'll take another look at it later today - I'd really like to get this working for you.

Try deleteing groups.cache from your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder - it's possible there something in there that is interfering with this. Groups.cache gets regenerated by the game at start-up if it does not exist. The first time you start after you delete it will be a little slower than normal because it has to regenerate it, but after that the game runs as normal.

Edited:

Ok - I've tested this again & it's working fine for me. Let me know if deleteing groups.cache does not work.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:35 AM
I've tried redownloading, deleting the groups.cache, and removing all my other hacks, foods, and even objects in case there was something conflicting, but still am not getting any kind of an option when I click on the microwave. It's definitely normal breakfast hours (I clicked the fridge) and the Sims I've tried all have pretty high cooking skills.

I'm sorry to inconvenience you like this. I guess if no one else is getting this it must be something on my end, but I don't have any other problems... I'm only running the base game, with NL and Seasons, and one stuff pack (FFS) if that matters at all.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 6:20 AM Last edited by Morague : 22nd Jun 2007 at 7:00 AM.
Giggles,

Ok - I think I have figured it out. This need University because i cloned it from the ramen :/ I am so sorry - I had done several versions of this thing - trying to get it to work & I honestly forgot that in the end I used the ramen.

I hope you will fogive me for making you do all that stuff! I really am sorry.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 6:46 PM
Don't worry about it! Thank you for clarifying it for me-- I'm glad to know there wasn't something wrong with my game. Thanks for going to all the trouble to help.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 7:17 PM
Thanks for this! it's cute!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:39 PM
Thanks..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 7:16 AM
thank you
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 4:16 PM
Yay, finally, not only children can eat muffins

I made a translation on russian
Attached files:
File Type: zip  3ttu_Moragues_Muffin (rus).zip (24.7 KB, 0 downloads)