Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 40 -- City House

by plasticbox Posted 6th Jul 2007 at 7:24 PM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 8:10 PM by plasticbox

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 7:50 AM
Oooh, I love this! It looks just like some of the houses in one of our neighboring villages!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 3:24 PM
One more time: fine work! Keep up! This house will just fit perfectly in my "backdoor" suburb!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 8:37 AM
Very nice work, I like what you did with the roof!!
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 12:33 PM
Very good work again. Good to know that I have chosen a big downtown area, so more can follow!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 2:44 AM
excellent! now i just have to buy seasons, darn it. but i will 'cause i have all your Backdoor Lane lots except the ones with seasons. and that is reason enough to buy it for me! it really is cool how they all fit together. i live in St. Louis and it is just like our
St. Louis urban areas such as a neighborhood called The Hill. thanks for all of these lots.

i'm a hazard to myself
Instructor
#7 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 2:52 AM
Once again, simply amazing creation. Please, please keep us updated with your creative work. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 5:30 PM
This is perfect for a family I'm going to make! Thanks for sharing!

I take house requests! Just send me a PM.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 2:29 AM
I love this lot! I put it in my French village twice and redid it just a bit each time.

:)
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 10:05 PM
this looks like a doll house one of my old friends used to have.
dude......its awesome
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th May 2008 at 4:27 AM
I really love all of your houses and have downloaded every single one of the Backdoor Lane lots (that weren't test lots), leaving thanks along the way. They're wonderful and often on the non-starter lots I never feel the need to change anything--be it furniture, fixtures, landscaping, or layout.

That said, the only problem I seem to have with any of your lots, is occasionally on some of them--especially the ones with the more creative roofing--the roofs will show up through the floors or walls. It occurs within this lot (Backdoor Lane 40 -- City House) and others. If this problem is unfamiliar, I can test it further and provide a few screenshots plus a list of all the Backdoor Lane lots in which it occurs. Or it may just be singular to myself and I may just have to re-download and re-install, I'm not sure. I thought I'd mention it just in case there was something you could suggest.

Thank you so much for continuing to contribute to MTS2, I really enjoy everything you've done so far and look forward to more.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2008 at 5:43 AM
treelet,

you mean that in this house, on the top floor you can see the roof bits that are on the same floor (the steep part of the roof, in other words)? If that's what you mean, this is simply how the game works -- you have to play with roof down, then you don't see it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th May 2008 at 11:12 AM
Ah, okay. I can totally live with playing with the roof down, that's no problem. I was concerned about them possibly blocking Sims from their destinations, but if simply playing without the roofs makes it both technically and visually a non-issue then I'm happy!

Thank you very much for your help.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:25 AM
Lovely!

~Sarah~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:48 AM
thank you