Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis 27 Inch Television without Stand

by senesi2003 Posted 23rd Aug 2007 at 2:50 AM - Updated 29th Sep 2007 at 3:38 AM by senesi2003

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 2:55 AM
I agree with you concerning the fun etc, why wouldn't it be just as fun maybe even more so for our poor sims than for the rich ones. Thanks for creating and sharing! I am curious did you use the bhav's from the expensive tv to get the actual fun and environment?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:03 AM
Well,as a owner of one of those $8000 plasma in real life,it's cool and seems funner at first,but once you get sucked into what ever your watching or playing,you can't tell the difference.Anyhoo,this is great,thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:10 AM
Wow, that's a great idea thanks!

If nothing can go wrong, something will.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:11 AM Last edited by senesi2003 : 23rd Aug 2007 at 7:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I agree with you concerning the fun etc, why wouldn't it be just as fun maybe even more so for our poor sims than for the rich ones. Thanks for creating and sharing! I am curious did you use the bhav's from the expensive tv to get the actual fun and environment?

Thank you and you are welcome, it is my pleasure to share. I was messing around in Object Data then under the RAW data tab, but just found out that doesn't change it. So am going to research and hopefully reupload. Sorry.

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:22 AM Last edited by rebecah : 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by senesi2003
Thank you and you are welcome, it is my pleasure to share. To answer your question, No, I went in Object Data then the RAW Data tab, and changed it there. Where it says ratingFun 0x0006, I changed the 6 to an a. and same for the ratingRoom.

Ok you do need to have the actual code to go along with those changes. Just trying to help...this is not a complaint in anyway shape or form. I've seen a lot of beds that will say they are 10 comfort etc but the code isn't in it to go along. This is actually controled in the bcon section. If you replace the tuning file with the ones from the expensive tv you will get the actual constants for this item. If you need more help with this you can pm me if you like.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 4:03 AM
Thanks so much! I was waiting for something like this
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:13 AM
Cool idea, now I can put it on more attractive items.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:23 AM
This is great; kudos on the success, it looks great on the coffee/end table you used in one of the pics.
(You may be interested to know that Numenor did a very similar mod:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=53693.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whitesiren
This is great; kudos on the success, it looks great on the coffee/end table you used in one of the pics.
(You may be interested to know that Numenor did a very similar mod:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=53693.)

Thank you and I had no idea it had been done. I did a search for television and tv and nothing like it came up, except one of the 27" for counter top. Crap that could have saved time, lol!! Just added an "s" to television and there it was. Wonder if I should take mine off?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
Ok you do need to have the actual code to go along with those changes. Just trying to help...this is not a complaint in anyway shape or form. I've seen a lot of beds that will say they are 10 comfort etc but the code isn't in it to go along. This is actually controled in the bcon section. If you replace the tuning file with the ones from the expensive tv you will get the actual constants for this item. If you need more help with this you can pm me if you like.

Thank you, I have a lot to learn, I just thought WOW that was easy, lol!! Now I know, it didn't work.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:46 AM
No, please don't remove it; yours are so nice for enhancing the environment and fun! Plus I really like the larger television you did in your other post. ^^

Quote: Originally posted by senesi2003
Thank you and I had no idea it had been done. I did a search for television and tv and nothing like it came up, except one of the 27" for counter top. Crap that could have saved time, lol!! Just added an "s" to television and there it was. Wonder if I should take mine off?
Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:23 AM
Cool idea, senesi, and really useful.
I didn't know of the one made by Numenor, but it's not the first time that we have here duplicates so please let us have your version too; I think that Numenor himself would see your stuff. Thank you for creating these TVs and for sharing! :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 7:22 AM
Excellent!!

When I blossom I shall be lovely
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 10:05 PM
150 simoleon? It is poor pls create higher (200-400)
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 7:28 AM
This is great, it seems so useful!

I'm already thinking of places it can go, thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 6:08 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! thank you so much! i've been waiting for someone to do this for SO long!

thanks!

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 12:51 AM
I wanted to delete this after I bought it, and it wouldn't delete. I couldn't sell it back, and I couldn't put it in my sims' inventories.

Have you tried deleting it? Does it delete okay in your game?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 2:18 AM Last edited by senesi2003 : 8th Sep 2007 at 5:28 PM. Reason: Hammer works
Ok, I went into my game to check it, you are right, the 27 inch will not delete so I will look into it and see what is going on, but it did go into my inventory by itself. I hope I can get help with this issue from one of the moderators. I am new at this so I don't mess with files too much. OK, Still looking into why it doesn't delete, but it did delete when I used the HAMMER (came with one of the EP's) instead of sell back with delete button and I still got money back for it. So try that and see if it works.

Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 5:03 AM
Help
I downloaded this and had to uninstall, so im redownloading, but I had trouble placing it on coffee tables.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 3:41 PM
I haven't had trouble placing the 27 inch (or 32 inch) on the coffee table, but once placed it won't delete unless I turn on move objects and delete the coffe table it is sitting on. I am REALLY SORRY for all of the issues and I am trying to fix it . None of the issues came up while testing it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 4:13 AM
Just thought you should know. I'm not quite sure what size it was, but I hardly ever use coffee tables, and this object is still really good!!! I think this is what maxis sould do in Sims 3.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:15 PM
will this and your other tv's be updated for FT?

The only person you have to be is you
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 12:18 PM
This is excellent! thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:16 PM
Thank you sooo much! <333

Let the music smother me
Whole weekend recovery
Dancing on a Friday night
Page 1 of 2