Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: Grimmauld Place Single Lot

by StephSim Posted 6th Oct 2007 at 10:54 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2008 at 2:52 PM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 7:41 AM
briliant, a few questions how did you do the elv heads (decoration/wallpaper?) and also make the words on the portrait. really cool
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 2:40 PM Last edited by StephSim : 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:15 AM.
Hi (again) Jammy!

Well, I am actually probably one of few people who do not use some special program to create walls. I create my wall textures using the basic Paint program in Windows and a freeware (at least it used to be) image program called Irfran. I create a basic wallpaper in Paint and use Irfran to clean it up and save the images.

For the elf heads...I found a round plaque on the Internet, cut it out of the background and cleaned the edges using Paint. Then I created my elves in the game and cut their faces out of using Paint. Then, I overlapped the heads onto the plaques and the plaques onto the wallpaper. Sounds complex, but it really isn't difficult.

As for the Black Family Tree, I simply lined up 4 wallpaper tiles in Paint, added the "Toujours Pur" (Always Pure) Black family crest and typed in the names one row at a time. Then, I cut out 256x512 (4 total) pieces of my mural and saved each piece using Irfran.

Take care and (as always)...Enjoy the download!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 1:02 AM
Haha I love the amount of work and dedication you have put into this! Excellent work!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 10:53 AM
This is brilliant! And I'm very glad you're not going too much off the movies in your HP creations (:
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by abitha
This is brilliant! And I'm very glad you're not going too much off the movies in your HP creations (:

That didn't sound how it was meant to - I mean to say I'm glad you're NOT using too much movie influence.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 1:37 PM Last edited by StephSim : 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:14 AM.
Thanks baskerwil!

---------------------------------
Abitha!

Don't worry about it. I take comments with a grain of salt (the good, the bad and the ugly). Although it is hard to discern what people really mean by reading words at times, I KNEW what you meant (based on other comments you made in other posts).

I actually create things that I am interested in and I have no greater critic than myself. I don't share my creations for positive comments, but I share them because I really think it would be cool if others can get enjoyment from them. There are many differences between the books and the movies. However, there are also inconsistencies with descriptions in the books. None of it REALLY matters. I take a little from everything and design the lots in my head first. Then, I use the Sims to bring them to life. My Harry Potter community looks "magical" so far. I want EVERYONE to have a bit of that magic. That is my goal. Enjoy the download!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 3:03 AM Last edited by StephSim : 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:20 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
Default Ready for Download
FINALLY! Both versions are available for download! I decided to turn off my "pop-up blocker" (which has never been an issue before). As soon as I did, the file uploaded. Enjoy the downloads EVERYONE! Off to put the finishing touches on Spinner's End!

~*~stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 7:50 AM
This house is just cool. I wish to have talent to make at least similiar houses to those in Harry Potter like you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:22 PM
sen22
Thank you. I love to recreate things in my own way and Harry Potter still is high on my list of favorite books and movies. If you are building Sim lots, I find it is a learning process and with time it gets better as you find your style and build lots that are playable or fun to explore! Do enjoy the downloads.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 6:07 AM
may i use some of the walls in this building for my own i will credit you fully but i am just learning how to build it really is a long prosess!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:09 AM
Sluggish,

Please do use the walls.

While I'm not much into uploading textures anymore, the walls in the Harry Potter collection in general are among some of my favorite. Since, I have literally hundreds of Sims 2 textures floating around out there, feel free to use any of them in your lots as long as credit is given as you said!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
Sluggish,

Please do use the walls.

While I'm not much into uploading textures anymore, the walls in the Harry Potter collection in general are among some of my favorite. Since, I have literally hundreds of Sims 2 textures floating around out there, feel free to use any of them in your lots as long as credit is given as you said!

thank you! i really do enjoy your sets
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:38 PM
You are welcomed. Hope the walls worked out for your Harry Potter building projects.

~*~Stephanie~*~