Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bedding Match Bedroom Items

by rebecah Posted 16th Oct 2007 at 5:04 AM - Updated 20th Jun 2011 at 9:33 PM by rebecah : Added base game compatible items

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#2 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 10:02 AM
Great work with repositoring!
Though you know it is impossible to be in real life - I doubt someone has even a curtains with the same fabric as beddind
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 10:46 AM
what a great set!!! i just started to play sims again. i can't wait to try this out! thanks a lot, rebecah!
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 11:09 AM
It looks a great idea! The total-jeopard bedroom could be so excessive to be really cool. Very useful set in my opinion, thank you and ciao!
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 12:37 PM
OMG :lovestruc OMG :lovestruc :lovestruc WOW WOW WOW :lovestruc This is fantastic, beautiful, thank you , :lovestruc thank you, :lovestruc thank you. :lovestruc thank you.
:lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
Though you know it is impossible to be in real life - I doubt someone has even a curtains with the same fabric as beddind

Oh I do actually have curtains that match my bedding. This set doesn't require that you use all of the items in one room. It just allows them to if they want to. I personally like everything to match, right down to the flooring and wallpaper.
Theorist
#7 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 5:03 PM
love this thank you so much
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 6:32 PM
Great work Rebecah, cannot wait to see the toddler items also!

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 7:38 PM
Oh, and these are REALLY nice. Super super nice. Thanks! Awaiting the toddler items with great hope!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 7:54 PM
It looks amazing, thank you for creating all of this stuff. I can imagine it is a lot of work
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 8:48 PM
You did it once again! Great work! I love all of your items. Thank you! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 9:52 PM
I love it when all the things match! this is great. thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 12:46 AM

Actually, a lot of places sell curtains that match their bedspreads.

Great work, as always, Rebecah!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 12:51 AM
Thank you so much for such a useful, versatile, and lovely set! I also love things to match for my simmies-makes it easier on the eyes when playing. I especially love the vanity and the recliner. I'm going to test the sofa bed for my pregnant sims-seems like it will be very useful for keeping their energy up. Thank you again.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 1:33 AM
This is wonderful. Great job.

www.spazshare.com Free image hosting Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I feel like a banana.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 4:39 AM
Thank you very much Rebecah! Big work!

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 11:12 AM

I did when I was little! Pink all over my room... It was great! =)

I love this download, Rebecah! And I was wondering, would you write a tutorial for us on how to do this, so we can make EVERYTHING match? =)

I'm sure it would be too much tedious work for one person to do, and maybe the steps to make this work isn't too difficoult?
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vidde
I did when I was little! Pink all over my room... It was great! =)

I love this download, Rebecah! And I was wondering, would you write a tutorial for us on how to do this, so we can make EVERYTHING match? =)

I'm sure it would be too much tedious work for one person to do, and maybe the steps to make this work isn't too difficoult?

I will try to write one as soon as I get my sofa done part 4 of this set, but you can also clone my items if you want to do something similar.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 9:34 AM
I was thinking more like making maxis-objects having the bed-textures! When you think about it, why didn't they do it like this? Then customization would REALLY be easy...

I would really appreaciate a tutorial. Hugs to you for making these things, though! =)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#20 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:34 PM
Vidde, the reason Maxis did not do this is because on their textures as a rule they add extra shading to things, like pillow edges and such, to give the items more of an effect of 3d detail, which is not possible when using a fairly 'flat' bedding texture.

This is still a very nice idea and will look good with many of the bedding textures people have created. There is also a bedding tutorial here at mts2 that I wrote - but you'll want to use all-over patterns only to make bedding to use with this set.

Very nicely done Rebecah, a great creative solution to the matching problem

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 11:41 PM
I think with a good mesh the shadows are not as necessary and sometimes make the item just look dirty. But I do agree with tiggerypum, in that this is most likely the reason Maxis didn't do this. I think it would be better to be able to use bump maps like you can in the clothing, to give items the texture and 3d appearnace. I've tried to find a way to do this but have not been successful.

You also can use the shadows from the bedding an example is my toddler sofa found Here: It really is all in the way you lay out your uvmaps, and of course the mesh itself.

I do think Vidde is asking for a tutorial on the repository technique and there is one here at MTS2 by JWoods Click Here. In that thread #21 Numenor explains how to use a maxis item for the repository texture. This is the tutorial I read to learn this technique, and I should have credited them for their tutorials. It's been quite awhile ago that I read it but I think it will teach you the technique. I have read so many different tutorials too that it is hard to keep track of all the one's I learned from. JWoods actually has a few very good tutorials.

Tiggerypum does have a very well written and extensive tutorial on bedding recolors, I think her's was the first tutorial I ever read. To really have a good understanding of how to recolor I highly recommend the one by tiggerypum. My tutorial teaches you how to recolor bedding with new Object Texture Studio 3 by Lucas, which is helpful to those that do not have a photoshop or paintshop program, plus it is very easy to use. I have not posted it on MTS2 because Tggerypum has a very good one already.

Thanks! Tiggerypum for adding the link to your tutorial. I really should have included it to begin with, and appolize for not thinking to do so.
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 6:56 PM
I love the way you made it. You must be a good designer :D
Scholar
#23 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 2:19 PM
Gorgeous Collection! ThankYou Very Much! They All Look Awesome!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 2:20 AM
Now everything matches...very cool, becka, very cool...thanks a bunch

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
We can't control the waves, but we can learn to surf!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 3:54 PM
Amazing! I love everything you do!
Page 1 of 2