Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Targa's SupaFridge - Updated to FreeTime, uses Maxis mini fridge recolors (Updated 2008-12-17) Fixed leftover animations and juice drinking bug

by Lord Darcy Posted 16th Oct 2007 at 8:05 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2011 at 7:04 AM by Lord Darcy : Fixed awkward leftover animations and juice drinking bug

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 8:13 PM
A question: Does this have the same GUID as Targa's fridge, or is it a whole new object? In other words, do I need to remove Targa's fridge when I put this one in to prevent conflict?

I have gone out to find myself. If you see me before I get back, please let me know where I'll be.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 8:19 PM
Oops, I forgot to mention it in the post. Yes, it has the same GUID as Targa's fridge, you must remove Targa's fridge to prevent GUID conflict.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 9:17 PM
Great news! thank you
This is for me too who always forgets to leave a tile for a fridge in new kitchen created. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 9:23 PM
Great, thanks for the quick feedback! I'll delete targas and drop yours into its place. Now maybe I'll actually start using it again, now that it has the new Seasons options!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 9:27 PM
Is it too brazen of me to say I love you for this? *offers heart-felt handshake instead*

I like building houses I don't have to 'turn' to play fully, and my biggest peeve as a result is always having to put the galley in the back of the house so the fridge won't block anything. What a fantastic space-saver for all of my little lots, and with no SSN functionality or capacity loss!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 10:10 PM
Thanks for this! I liked Targa's but I'm so attached to the Seasons leftovers option that I got rid of almost all my custom fridges
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 10:52 PM
Wonderful! Thank you so much for this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 11:28 PM
Thank you! This was one of my favorites, and it's wonderful to see all the improvements you've made!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 11:52 PM
Great update, thanks!
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:56 AM
Thanks for the updated version of Targa's fridge...I managed to update a couple of fridges myself. Particularly the SimStone one.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Thanks for this! I liked Targa's but I'm so attached to the Seasons leftovers option that I got rid of almost all my custom fridges

I found a nice tutorial at MATY.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8012.0.html

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Instructor
#12 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 4:53 AM
Awesome! Any idea if this will function properly in BV?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 6:35 AM
Thanks so much for updating this fridge I missed it so much and had removed it.
Thanks again.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 1:08 PM
Thanks for that link, SimJymm!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 1:55 PM
thank you so much! good idea!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberDiceless
Awesome! Any idea if this will function properly in BV?

Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
I only tested it with all EPs (up to BV) installed.

:D

As BV didn't add any new functions to the fridge, it will work all right in BV if you have OFB and Seasons as well.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 5:01 PM
This is so awesome! As the others stated...I hate the fact fridges block my view and I deleted my pre-Seasons fridges.
Thanks for the link SimJymm but anything I use my pre-BV SimPE for doesn't work in my game
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 8:11 PM
Thanks for updating and generally improving this. I love Targa's SupaFridge but needed the additional seasons options.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 8:12 PM
Marvelous - thank you! I will be able to use little fridges again.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 9:12 AM
awesome!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 4:25 AM
I've already updated all the custom fridges i have using a tutorial found on SimsFileVault http://www.simsfilevault.com/forum/...php?f=26&t=1568 but these are cool added features! Thanks for the big capacity & the possible preparation on top, pretty handy for small houses/appartments!
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 6:53 AM
After then child take food from the fridge (get leftovers - serving plater), he put the serving plater on the top of fridge, door of fridge stay open till adult use this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 1:50 AM
Thank you, this is just brilliant! It's so disappointing to put a handy little fridge in your sim home and then realise that it doesn't do half the things you expect. I'm sure I'll use this a lot! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 3:36 PM
I think the reason for glitchy child animation is that Maxis mini fridge lacks child animation for taking out food except snacks.

I didn't realize the child animation was wonky, guess I should have tested the object with both adult and child. I have very little knowledge about Sim animation files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 4:52 AM
Actually i think it's kinda funny that the kids won't shut the door all the way, I'm always yelling at my kids to shut the fridge/freezer door! It would be funny if you could add a "yell at kids and shut the door" option to the pie menu. Tee Hee.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/tgcgoddess/Couchio.jpg
Page 1 of 3