Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ikea MARKÖR - Livingroom Set - Part I

by olisek Posted 27th Oct 2007 at 10:34 PM - Updated 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:43 AM by olisek

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 1:40 PM
awesome work! I love IKEA and I love what you did!

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 2:05 PM
Wow, this is great! Can you accually put stuff inside the cabinets like you have in the pictures? If so then what sort of things? E.g. stuff that can be put on your endtables, fireplaceshelves or coffetables.

too busy at the moment for simming. Sorry, but please don't PM me with requests right now. I will try to fullfill those allready made, but no promises.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 2:06 PM
Very nice set! Well done! Thanks for sharing your hard work.
Inventor
#5 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 2:20 PM
I love this set!! Great job, can't wait to see your next installment!

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 10:13 PM Last edited by olisek : 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by OpheliaNival
Can you accually put stuff inside the cabinets like you have in the pictures? If so then what sort of things?

I have just added information that, you can "put" items on the shelves using OMSP for endtable, counter and piano

I'm so happy, you like the set, thanks guys!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 10:56 PM
YES! Bookshelves with corners! Finally my noble Sims can have an ACTUAL wall-to-wall library. ;o; Much love <3
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 3:50 AM
Oooo...I love Ikea and now my sims can too! Beautiful!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:34 AM
Aww, you even included the white storage boxes! Still, something's wrong when my Sims get the posh stuff, and I get stuck with the Billy bookcase, and that really cheap table everyone owns. Very nice work.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 2:55 PM
What is OMSP? I'm just catching up on these abrevs. Love the furniture BTW!
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 3:04 PM
OMSP - One more slot package by JohnBrehaut1

http://www.modthesims2.com/member/JohnBrehaut1

He has them for everything! They are Great!
The furniture is beautiful, thanks!

never forget that "It's going to be allright."
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 4:06 PM
*jaw drop* i..... LOVE YOU!!!!
ikea is my mother ship, i swear. this is amazing. i love this so much!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 9:26 PM
I love this set in RL. I've already bought the Bookcase with the glass doors and drawer, the sideboard, the large wall unit, two bedroom end tables. It's my job to assemble all Ikea stuff, so that was a lot of work! Especially the sideboard with NINE drawers to assemble.

But hey that's why the stuff is relatively inexpensive, cause you provide most of the labor!, which is alright with me

But love Ikea in general, and this set in particular, because it's all solid wood, not particulate board. And the dark stain makes it fit nicely in a contemporary setting, without being too modern.

Anyway, great job on those pieces. Now I can try to recreate my own decor
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 3:00 PM
Jag har bokhyllan IRL :D

I own the bookcase IRL. Very Nice work
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 6:00 AM
The only thing more I could ask is to put it together, myself. (What? I love putting furniture together. They're like useful jigsaw puzzles. I love IKEA. )
No one in the Denver area needs help putting stuff together, do they?
Lovely set, by the way. :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 4:11 AM Last edited by Ajoya : 14th Nov 2007 at 11:02 PM.
OMGosh I LOVE you for this! My ENTIRE house IS IKEA! Thanks so much for sharing! Could you also tell me where you got the accesories to go along with your set? Ex. The coffee cup and the open magazine? *Udate(Open Mag found, just need coffee cup.)
Thanks a bunch!

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 8:23 AM
Can you put a link to the sofa? or is it pay?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#18 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 1:35 PM
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:33 PM
Thanks!
only sad thing: I thought to furnish an expensive house for my wealthier students. Unfortunately the "research" function for students doesn't work. boohoo... any chance of fixing this? Otherwise for my regular neighborhood this is really pretty...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 5:49 AM
Fantastic! I love IKEA to death, and it always pleases me greatly to see "real life" items in my Sim houses!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 9:29 AM Last edited by modman3000! : 25th Jan 2008 at 2:38 PM.
i love the words that you all love ikea. im from sweden there ikea* come from
*Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#22 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 11:20 PM
This set is absolutely wonderful! Thank you!! I love IKEA, too, but in my case it's probably genetic - I'm Swedish.
Instructor
#23 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 8:18 AM
NICE...! You did a great job. Thank you for sharing!

* Pickles *
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:32 PM
I love Ikea! I hope someone simifies more of their stuff soon...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 7:27 PM
I'm so happy, now I can make a real study/library for my bookish Sims. Thanks so much for this.
Page 1 of 2