Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: Hogwarts - Smaller

by StephSim Posted 8th Dec 2007 at 3:20 AM - Updated 19th Nov 2008 at 11:11 AM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 2:53 PM Last edited by lauralaima : 12th Dec 2007 at 2:54 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake... ^^
Hi Steph!
I don't know why I never see your uploads in the download menu, I have to get to your profile page instead to be able to see them!

I love the decorated version, it's so detailed, as well as the prefect bathroom, great job
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 7:53 PM Last edited by StephSim : 17th Mar 2008 at 5:58 PM.
Really? It has to do with which expansion packs you have and the MTS2 filters.

Take care my Harrry Potter roomie! (2 more uploads until Potter is complete). Then, I will disappear for a while and play with Potter! Not too long though...remodeling old lots must continue! Ciao!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 4:04 AM
Ooh, Steph! This is amazing! I love the smaller size, and the detail and everything is just as astounding as ever. You're such a genius. :]
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 9:39 AM Last edited by StephSim : 19th Nov 2008 at 11:03 AM.
Starfish,
I'm glad you like the smaller size. I wish I could make it a little smaller...but I think I have Hogwarts burnout! I finally created a Hufflepuff entry that gives you the feel of burrowing underground with the picture entry we discussed before. Thanks for the inspiration. Take care!

P.S. - Genius - I can own that! Besides, I've been called worse!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:02 AM
Steph, you're the greatest sims architect that I've ever seen.

But the expansion is going to take me a while to download this. It's worth it though.
I'm glad you made all these wonderful houses or schools of Harry Potter. Right On!

P.S. Good Luck to your other houses, let them be your dream.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:51 PM
Thank you Ethan! You are quite welcomed. I think I am an official Harry Potter addict. I hope you enjoy the lots once you are able to play in them! :D

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 6:29 PM
Steph,
Have you play in the school Hogwarts? Did the graphics look good?
If you know, please let me know. Are you waiting for
Harry Potter 6: Half-Blood Prince movie because I am.
In this school, does the s have rooms separate from the boy's and same with the bathrooms?
I also like your thinking of the Harry Potter neighborhood.
I can't wait!
I might go shopping today and get a expansion pack.
Oh, can you tell me what is your favorite expansion pack?

Let me know, Thanks

Ethanmathias
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 12:33 AM Last edited by StephSim : 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:38 AM.
You used to need STUFF PACKS to play in my lots as well as all of the Expansion Packs. However I recently updated each lot to make them playable without the STUFF Packs. Then, I put Harry and Hermione inside of this Hogwarts to test it out! If you have a good graphics card and enough juice to run The Sims, the graphics in the castle are awesome! It was cool for the day or so I had Harry and Hermione roaming around in it. I REALLY want to make another version of Hogwarts that is a little smaller. Maybe I will transplant this Hogwarts onto a larger lot! Glad you like the neighborhood. As for the bathrooms, I didn't put boys/girls doors up (but there are some wonderful medieval ones here at MTS2). It sort of works out that the bathrooms in this version of Hogwarts is between the boys and girls dorms. In other versions I had them separate, but for the Sims it's not so practical and took up space I could use to add other Rooms (like a larger Room of Requirement), so I kept "Moaning Myrtle's" bathroom sacred and the others are just bathrooms. This version is my favorite of the 4 I created. The first 1, was so sad, I deleted it. The second was WAY to BIG. It's on TSR. The third is the Larger Version here at MTS2 and this is the 4th and final Hogwarts.

I LOVE the books and the movies are fabulous! I can't think about it too much or I might have withdrawal symptoms! As we get closer to the movie coming, I get excited. That means HARRY POTTER MOVIE MARATHON! My family will watch the first 5 movies before going to see the 6th. What's cool is we get 3 more movies because the last movie will be broken into 2 parts! YEAH! I can't wait. :D

Take care.
steph

PS - My favorite Expansion Pack is Bon Voyage as it had a larger variety of objects, plants, etc. I also like the idea of the Sims vacationing!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Wiki Wizard
#10 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 5:28 PM
Truly spellbounding, lol, thanks

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 10:31 PM
Glad you like!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 2:56 AM
Steph,
Thanks for that reply. You right about how exciting it is if we had a Harry Potter Marathon. If I think about Harry Potter, I want to watch it over, read the books again, and play the games.
I am trying to get University but I couldn't find it.
But now that you told me about Bon Voyage, I might get it. Thanks!
How do it take to make your people like Hermione, Voldemort?
Does it take days, weeks?

Please reply,
Ethanmathias

P.S. Is there any more websites that you know, that can download Sims that looks just like them other than TSR.com?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:19 AM Last edited by StephSim : 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:40 AM.
Ethan,
I actually only MAKE the secondary characters from other Sims I like. The main characters, I downloaded from here, TSR and a few other sites. There are a few characters here actually. I download the best movie versions of them and change them to my satisfaction. But U Don't Know has some AWESOME Potter Sims. They are not all there though. I think frustration lead to them being a back burner item. But, they are still fabulous. Some of the best, if not the best around.

Ethan, MTS2 is Harry Potter heaven (which is part of what brought me here)!

BUT you MUST start here:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...sy/Harry_Potter

Then go here: (The downloads are in the first few posts mainly.)
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=145882

Of course I have designed more than 30 Harry Potter Lots:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download...tephSim&csort=0

My friend Laura also has an awesome collection of Harry Potter lots:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download...ralaima&csort=0

Check out this skin:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=265622

Check these skins out: (scroll down to see 3 Potter Characters you'll recognize)
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/UdontKnow

And these clothing:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download...snights&csort=0

Oh yeah and these little Quidditch finds:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download...2&tag=Quidditch

Oh yeah and of course a general HP search:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download...ername=&csort=0

Happy Downloading: Just make sure you have the proper Expansion Packs installed before adding the content to your game.
steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:36 AM
Thank you Steph!

These things that I went to search were very useful.
The wands are what I am looking for too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:37 PM
You're most welcomed!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:18 AM
YESSS!!!!!
i got expansions packs for this
i never ever fogotten about this
thanx StephSim
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 11:43 PM
Thanks Ethan. That's dedication! I really appreciate your enthusiasm. One day, when I'm not so lost in life I shall begin another HP collection with less EPs and on a smaller scale, just for the fun of it. I also want to move outside of the boxy shapes of the lots. We shall see! At any rate...do enjoy the download.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 4:46 PM
Thank you! It's great. With all the little signs and every thing!

but can I ask you one thing. Why is there water in the basment och ground floor? It's so nice with the dungeons and the perfekts bath rooms, but I do not like the pond water that is there. I don't know how to get rid of it either.

Please help me.

ps. i think i've almost downloaded all you're houses for harry potter. Amazing
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 8:09 PM
Oh and one more thing. The furnished version doesn't work. You can't extract it because the file is damaged or something. I really like the way you furnish so please fix that, I would, like, worship you if you did, dude.

Thanks, stay cool, 2pac for life

don't forget to answer the question above please
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 8:16 AM Last edited by StephSim : 1st Mar 2009 at 8:24 AM.
Sorry Ellen! I did get your PM and replied. I'm moving and my games are already in my new home while I am over 2,000 miles away from them. I'm traveling in April and won't actually start Simming until May I'm afraid. I am planning to recreate a smaller version of my Potter lots (starting with Hogwarts) without all the extras. It will mainly include walls, floors and ground covers with few EPs and Stuff packs. We shall see how that goes!

As for the water...I think you may have the lot too close to a neighborhood lake. Try moving it away from the water. By being close to the lake, the lake water will flood into your lot. If that doesn't work, the only solution I can think of is to raise the ground level up were the lake touches the lot. That may be no easy task with that lot. Sorry. When I play tested it, it worked fine. Finicky stuff this is! I really wish I could fix it in the now, but there's no hope on that front. Only you can fix it in the now! Sorry again.

P.S. - I'm glad you like the lots.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 12:11 PM
I love your Harry potter lot so much, no words can actually describe how i adore your excellent job, so beautiful yet functional, i m going to redesign my land based on all of your creation. Still wondering about the location where to place the buildings thou >.< . I guess i have to find a map to group the building together. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Your fans of art
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 11:14 PM
This lot is so cool! I downloaded the larger version but my computer shut down by it-self so, I got this one! Thanks for making a smaller section! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th May 2009 at 7:24 PM
Hi JST!
Sorry it took so long to reply. I did respond via e-mail. But I forgot to mention this smaller version. My goal is to downsize the Harry Potter Collection even more. I find for playing purposes "bigger" isn't necessarily better in Simming. Take care and glad you found a useful version of the castle.
Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th May 2009 at 9:09 PM
Brilliant! Wish I could download - but I need OFB/Seasons. It looks absolutely amazing though - well done!

I love food - cause I'm a bottomless pit, babe!
  • Pasta! (my fave food)
  • Pizza!
  • Anything sweet.
  • EVERYTHING! (except fried veg. ack!)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th May 2009 at 7:39 PM
Thank you! I hope you can get OFB/Seasons. I do have plans to improve the collection over the next year, but I'm not sure if I want to create it using minimal EPs or EPs only or do a little of both. We shall see! Thanks again for the compliment.
~*~Stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Page 1 of 2