Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

04 Seaside Street -- Starter with swimmable sea (NL or later)

by plasticbox Posted 8th Dec 2007 at 4:59 AM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 4:38 PM by plasticbox

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 7:10 PM
Thanks Pb, a new series i suppose? (*hopes*).
I also like the fact that you made it to suit MiddleGround, as that is my primary nbhood at the moment, so thanks again. 8D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poplers
a new series i suppose? (*hopes*)

Not really =) it's more an advertisement for the Invisible Floortiles and non-BV beaches in general. I mean, frillen makes a 3kb object that does the same thing that Maxis need an entire EP for (beaches would have been the only reason I'd have bought BV) .. if that isn't cool, I don't know what is.

The floortiles are under Deco > Misc if I recall correctly .. try them out, they're great!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 9:45 PM
Thank you plasticbox. I am thrilled that you have created a "swimmable sea" without having to install the BV expansion into our game. I have BV but I'm having so many problems with it, that, I would rather play my game not installing BV. Thank you, thank you, so much for your extraordinary innovations. Your one of the best modders on this forum.
Alchemist
#5 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 7:48 AM
Since I´m playing with Middleground only at the time , I´m so pleased with this new, cute house, and it is so near Willow Square!
Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 10:50 AM
does it only work in midleground or does it work in other built places like riverblossom hills in seanson?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 1:24 PM
Motoxgirl56,

I don't know Riverblossom Hills ... i don't have any idea if the slope is similar or not. Try it out?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 2:14 PM
What a great little house! I rarely download, or even use, smaller homes, but this one is just special. Thanks so much!

Kat
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 7:45 PM
wow great idea!! thank you for sharing, I never know what to do with these kinds of lots ;D
Alchemist
#10 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 11:05 PM
I wonder if I can plop this anywhere in your other hood, Baskerville, which is the one I'm using at the moment and have been developing a lot. Gonna give it a try

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 4:32 PM
This lot is just great thank you Plasticbox. You are a fantastic builder!

/Lisen
Forum Resident
#12 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 6:22 PM
I downloaded this a few two days ago...
... I finally added it to my game and was pleasantly surprised - I particularly like the floorplan. I hope you will do some more "adverts" for frillens nifty little tool!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
transmogrified
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 10:37 AM
This house is a delight to play. (I swear there isn't a bad or _dull_ exterior view from a single Middleground lot.) I'm going to love every minute of it until my ridiculously fertile Sims give birth to their second child and have to move...darn you, Sim stork!

Unfortunately, when I first started playing 4 Seaside, my navigation/the camera was extremely slow. I exited and tested another Middleground lot which ran at normal speed, so I made the difficult decision to delete Frillen's invisible tile from my downloads folder. Sadness. (It fixed the camera problem, but I miss that pristine sea.)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 6:45 PM
mangaroo,

that's sad to hear -- if you're sure it's because of the floortile hider, maybe you could post about it in frillen's thread (if you haven't already)? Perhaps you've discovered a problem that could be fixed if the creator knew about it.

For a less pristine but still better-than-nothing sea, you could use a transparent floortile instead .. I quite like the one by RGiles that I've used for this lot: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=260631

Ghanima Atreides,

Baskerville has less of a slope between road and sea level than Middleground -- I haven't tried it, but I guess sims would swim underwater if you plop down the lot unchanged. But if you know a little bit about constrainfloorelevation false, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt it by moving up the pier and the swimmable surface .. hope it works out for you.

Alchemist
#15 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 8:36 PM
Yep, you're right, they did swim underwater, which was kind of funny to watch actually...plus a funny glitch too, while underwater their hair reverted to a maxis default (but only underwater, so it's not an outfit-specific hair problem). Doesn't matter though, now I got Middleground and it works perfectly :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
#16 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 11:09 PM
Thank you for the very pretty house/lot, PlasticBox, I can't wait to try it! I'm sure my Sims will love it!

* Pickles *
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 5:56 AM
Hi fellow simmers,

I've downloaded this BEAUTIFUL house and I love it!!! It is too adorable. However, here's my question, I have NL and I've downloaded it and placed it in Pleasantview Hood, I placed it as close to the ocean as possible but it does not look like it does in the pics you've provided. Do I have to download Middleground neighborhood and where can I find it? If anyone else knows of any of the hoods this house will work in by all means let me know.

Many, many thanks.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 6:16 AM
For Middleground, see link in the OP. Sorry but I have no idea what the slopes of the Maxis hoods are like, I never used them ..

Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 7:27 AM
Thank you so much! I have a lot of your houses. I love your style!

Felicity
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 3:39 PM
Great house! I have a problem though, the Sims can dive perfectly fine but they can't SWIM in the water. They basically walk under the water with no swimming actions OTHER than the diving board. Help?
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:50 AM
I downloaded Middleground and still can not get this house to look like the the above screen shot that is bottom far right hand corner. When I have the sims use the board and swim they look as if they are swimming in the grass and the water does not show up in the lot. Can anyone suggest what type of slope from the road to the ocean in Middleground or any of the Maxis lots would work for this house? Will constrainFloorElevation false cheat help? Let me know. Many, many thanks.
Wiki Wizard
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:47 PM
This is really clever and a great tsarter, well done:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:09 PM
This is very good! May I ask how you post a question??
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:15 PM
did you mod the water to make it swimable or did you some how put a pool in it somewere anyway nice job
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:04 PM
Oh, wow, this is so clever, I can't wait to try it out.
However, I do have one question, can you recommend any other neighbourhoods which would be compatible aside from Middleground (preferably ones that come in a .zip file as my WinRAR tries to assassinate my laptop everytime I try to use it)?
Thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 2