Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Teen Hobbies" Career Set - Football Career

by SomeSimmer Posted 12th Dec 2007 at 9:14 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:40 PM by whiterider

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 2:03 AM
What a cool idea! That's a neat way of implementing a demanding after-school activity (like being on the football team).

I do wish, though, that there were a version where girls could play football (not cheerlead), 'cause all my sim girls are tomboys. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 2:58 AM
That is quite brilliant. Much like art imitating life, except in this case, simming imitating life.

I Got The University EP!!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 3:27 AM
Great idea! Will you be coming up with more after school activities?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 11:05 AM
What are the conditions to reach level two? Will it overwrite any other career?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 3:51 PM
I think it's a great idea to simulate hobbies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 10:42 PM Last edited by SomeSimmer : 14th Dec 2007 at 10:53 PM.
Yes, I will be creating more. =D Look for more throughout the weekend. It will not overwrite any career.

Is anyone noticing strange hours or gaining money from the "career"? My only package seems to have the original career characteristics.

Let me know!
~SomeSimmer
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 2:59 AM
Ok couple of questions

- Does it have its own GUID?
- Are there any chance cards?
- Do you get fired if you don't turn up?

Retired...

kind of.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 12:25 PM
-Yes
-No
-Yes (There's no way to change this; it's the game's built-in career stuff. Think of it as getting kicked off the team =P)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 9:01 PM Last edited by emspp : 17th Dec 2007 at 5:58 PM. Reason: found something
Hey...
Looks awesome, does it have uniforms? Cause you could probably use a cheerleading outfit (might have come with uni... might have to convert it) and the teenstyle sporty guy outfit (the gym-like one, would that work? or maybe a custom one)
It's just that, that would help if people were using this for storytelling.
"Oh Maria is going cheerleading tonight. I could sabotage it" or something. You know?
I'm downloading now....
Tnx
Em
Edit: I found this: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=220754
The uni sports thing (male) for teens. I will look for a cheerleading outfit.
You probably aren't even gonna put uniforms,
or maybe you already have?
Tnx again
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 7:58 AM
thank you

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 8:49 PM
this is soo cool! to bad my sims are poor and need money....even tho I have cheat codes lol thanks for this
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 2:48 PM
Thanks! I luv the cheerleader(!!!) and football hobby/careers :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 4:36 AM
I just saw this and guess what?? I was looking at The Sims 2 on Wikipedia and in 2008 Maxis/EA Games are going to realease afinal and seventh expansion pack called: Freetime!!

Basically it is just going to have hobbies for each age of Sims, I guess. But wow, you must be able to read minds!

I Got The University EP!!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 7:32 PM
Great idea, except there should be a way for girls to play football and boys to cheerlead.
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:24 AM
I love this career, very true to reality. I guess, I live in Chile and at my school the cheerleaders were the unpopular girls (I was one of them)

But it seems to have a little problem:
I was testing my own careers with Insim, which lets you assign any career to any sim, and checked out yours. The third level of the male career track is called "Cheerleader", but the description is the same of the second level of the male career track. I opened it in SimPE and discovered that you wrote the first level male, then the description, the second level male, then the description. Up until that everything was fine. After that, you wrote cheerleader, then the second level male description, then Head Cheerleader, the Head Cheerleader description and finally two sets of Concierge, with their descriptions. I don't know much, but I think that order makes the game believe "Cheerleader" is the third male level. and that the three female levels are Head Cheerleader, Concierge and Concierge again.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:27 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:49 PM
Cool! I like the idea of after school activities played out as Nonpaying career paths for teens! Thanks.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 10:41 AM
Omg I love you.
Can't wait until I have the game again.
Hope it'll work :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 9:49 PM
I've just discovered this! What a great idea! Are you planning to make any more or is this a Limited Collector's Item Only? :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:27 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:03 PM
Thank you.