Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolours of the new siren hair (part of the little mermaid upload)

by marie_fay Posted 30th Dec 2007 at 9:37 PM - Updated 4th Jan 2008 at 3:15 PM by marie_fay

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 6:23 AM
Very beautiful colour, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 11:10 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Gorgeous colours. Thank you very much for doing this.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 3:15 PM
I love these recolors, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:41 PM
downloaded this and mesh but its not showing up
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nuttytartjan
downloaded this and mesh but its not showing up

Yes, it isn't working for me either.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 10:26 PM
hmmm that's weird.... maybe you should try this link: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=235551 but it should be the same mesh.... maybe it's about the EPs you have/ haven't got?

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:51 AM Last edited by Pandora3co : 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:53 AM. Reason: adding information
OK I have to update - I cant get them to show up either.. I've tried both meshes. They look really pretty though.

Edit - I have all EP's and SP's and am just getting thumnails of maxis default hair. If I click on it .. it displays as maxis default hair on my sim in CAS.
I did try it with both meshes the original and the updated one.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 2:03 AM
it's a problem with the mesh. Both meshes are named as FILE and not PACKAGED FILE, like Sims 2 custom content packages are supposed to be. So something wrong with the mesh- either they weren't saved right or they got corrupted, or something.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:06 AM
Yeah I'm having issues with this hair too. It's a shame because it's so pretty.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 10:42 AM Last edited by marie_fay : 2nd Jan 2008 at 10:51 AM.
ahhhhh right, thank you for pointing that out, Jan_AQ

I just remembered, I had the same issue... Just rename the file... add a ".PACKAGE"....

Really easy to fix ;]

Sorry again... I totally forgot about that....

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 4:59 AM
still not working for me, despite the file rename...

it's a pity, since this is exactly what my hair looks like in real life, and i'd love to have my sim wear it.

anyone else still having problems?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 6:12 AM
still not working for me either
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 6:22 AM
oh wait, out of the blue, it suddenly turned up. looks really nice - good job! perhaps a note about renaming the file in the original post would help future downloaders?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:49 PM
for those that don't seem to have the hair working..... Have you tried clicking the thumbnail? maybe the maxis hair is just the thumbnail but the realhair is actually avaiable? Or try deleting the groups cache file (or something... please read it up on mts2/help... !) To make your game update your downloads...

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 8:24 PM
I really like that you separated them into "natural" and "colorful" sets. For some reason, that made me happy.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 1:59 PM
Thanks a lot! These are wonderful.

"With the cold Northern Wind we travel
We're on a journey of a lifetime
And we'll fight many battles on our way"
Forum Resident
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:16 PM
these recolors make the mesh even prettier, thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 5:36 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Gorgeous! Kinda looks like Miley cyrus (the auburn one)?

thankss!
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 9:53 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
it's awesome!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:56 AM
This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! love Love LOve LOVe LOVE It!!!!! I could say this forever!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 1:21 AM
cool hair just downloaded it
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 6:38 AM
In the link that you posted for the dark brown one, what is the name of the file that we have to download in the Mermaid post to get it? Its the one color I really want, since this is just the perfect hair I'm looking for.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:58 AM
so beautiful !!good!
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 1:40 PM
No nothing! its just a ugly maxis hair!
Page 1 of 2