Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"The Granite" A traditional family home - No CC

by normadesmond123 Posted 7th Jan 2008 at 12:18 AM

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 5:31 PM
very nice,and so spacious,my legacy family will fit here perfectly
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 5:33 PM
Nice and large house. A good job with only Maxis stuff. Thank you Normadesmond123.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 10:23 PM
Beautiful home! Thanks for sharing

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 3:06 AM
OMG! i love it! i just uploaded a no cc house aswell.... aren't they just the best? tis is going straight into my neighbourhood! ...one thing... How did you do the sideways garage?

sims2andrew

Addicted to the Sims...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2andrew
OMG! i love it! i just uploaded a no cc house aswell.... aren't they just the best? tis is going straight into my neighbourhood! ...one thing... How did you do the sideways garage?

The sideways garage was a bit tricky. First you have to understand that the direction of the light from the sim "sun" has a lot to do with how the garage door and extension piece will rotate. One you understand that, it will save you a lot of time.

First, figure out what size lot you want to build on, then find a four quadrant road in your neighhorhood. Then place four same sized lots down on the quadrant (you might have to move some lots in your neighborhood around, but you can always move them back).

Enter one lot, type in the cheat moveobjects on select a floor tile from the build mode and then delete the sidewalk across the street. Once it's deleted, select the garage door from the build mode. It will rotate. If that's the way you want it rotated ... great! If not, then exit that lot and repeat the same above steps on the other empty lots. Once the door rotates the way you want it to, don't save. Exit the lot. Now enter and place down the driveway piece and build the garage. Now, delete the sidewalk and rotate the garage door and extension piece. Tada! A sideways garage!!

Sorry about rambling. I hope the above makes sense. I'm just so glad I finally figured it out!
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 6:36 AM
An excellent home, and an excellent mini-tutorial, who knew! Thank you!
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 8:04 AM
I rarely download houses, but, I couldn't pass this one up. It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 2:00 AM
I am always impressed with houses that don't use CC. This one I am REALLY impressed with! Great job!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 1:29 PM
That's incredible, the amount of work you put into this and it shows, especially with the garage. I'm surprised this wasn't featured because it's one of the most amazing lots I've seen! :D
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 11:12 AM
Stunning house - the attention to detail
is remarkable! Many thanks, ND, for sharing
this beauty. from *Pickles*

* Pickles *
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 11:36 PM
this is def my fave of all your houses, and I LOVE ALL your houses BTW keep up the awesome work cause I downloaded pretty much all your houses they're just what i've been looking for in a house above 20k! thanks a heaps, your work is beautiful! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 12:11 AM
I wish this was sims 3. It showed up for sims 3 search on google.