Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GLOBAL MODs: "Counter-Friendly Appliances" compatible with K&B - *UPD 05 JUNE 2009*

by MaryLou Posted 7th Jan 2008 at 9:31 AM - Updated 5th Jun 2009 at 11:40 PM by MaryLou : Update for Free Time

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 10:20 AM
Wow! Thanks, I've always hated the way the appliances changed the counters and this is the perfect mod that I didn't even know I was looking for!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 10:35 AM
Thank you MaryLou - this is so extremely useful! Sometimes sticking out appliances can really mess kitchen look up. No more, LOL! :D

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 10:48 AM
awesome work MaryLou. thanks for sharing. no more grey metal sides. cheers
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:04 AM
Wonderful! Thank you!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:14 AM
MaryLou, sei brava. It was very needed.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:29 AM
I love it. It´s awesome.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:29 AM
Pretty awesome!!!
Thanks MaryLou!!!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 12:09 PM
Thank you MaryLou -> there was/is really need fror this mod. Great idea and excellent work!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Instructor
#10 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 12:09 PM
this is perfect i always wanted this thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 1:15 PM
Thanks to all of you!
Quote: Originally posted by Lianne87
will the front still be visible or not? Is it just the back and the sides that are covered with panels?

Of course we have to see the front of the appliances, and sims have to use them, so:
- Yes, the front still be visible as well.
- Yes, are covered only the sides and the back.

I was always annoyed about the visible metal panels, is more realistic to really encased the appliances inside the counters as happens in the real life, isn't it?

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 1:56 PM
Thanks for this excellent work. Finally someone did that job. I'm sure there are many people who liked/like to see this change.
hexameter
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:24 PM
Excellent idea! Thank you! This always really bugged me
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:39 PM
Thanks MaryLou this is awesome ^_^
Hugs to ya!
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:38 PM
Brilliant, thanks a lot for this!

* I am not a smurf*
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:50 PM
AWESOME! Thank you so much! That always bugged me as well.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 5:35 PM
Great idea! thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 6:26 PM
Yay! Thank you; this is great.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Theorist
#19 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 6:26 PM
FINIALLY!

now I don't have to have the stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and trash compactor bunched together with the cabinets on eieter side!
I can have small kitchens with realistic dishashers!
Wooot!

Thankyou. Lots! :P

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 6:42 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I always thought the appliances looked terrible hanging out, but figured I'd just have to live with it. Drove me nuts the way they'd sometimes fade in/fade out. That's not really what they did, but you'd get only a diagonal "piece" of the trash compactor that was visible from behind, is what I mean... doesn't really matter. This is fantastic!

You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.
Inventor
#21 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 7:17 PM
Thanks for this I REALLY HATED how the sides always showed through, now I can put the trash compactor at the end of a row of cabinets without it looking messy :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 8:44 PM
In a word...brilliant! This is great, now I can have a convenient kitchen WITHOUT THE UGLINESS! Thank you soo much, genius. P.S. Your icon pwns.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:09 PM
Great great idea! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:15 PM
This is wonderful. Thank you for fixing this annoyance. I've been waiting for something like this for a while. No more half walls to hide the ugly metal parts of appliances anymore! Yay! :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:20 PM
Mary-Lou, you are amazing, I was just thinking yesterday that it was annoying that the appliances replaced the counters rather than fit inside them.

Will definitely give these a try and see how they work. Thanks for the brilliant idea!

I have gone out to find myself. If you see me before I get back, please let me know where I'll be.
Page 1 of 4