Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cracker Barrel Chess

by Aligeth Posted 13th Jan 2008 at 12:08 PM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 1:27 PM by Echo

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 2:55 PM
Oh, I love the Cracker Barrel! Shame about the Chess/Checkers issue, but you did a wonderful job with this. Thanks so much, I love the quaintness of it all. <3
Alchemist
#3 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:53 PM
It looks very countrified! Thanks,
Space Pony
#4 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 4:07 PM
Wonderful done - thanx so much !

Silvi
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 6:45 PM
I love this! Thanks for sharing

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:33 PM
Awesome... Congrats! Good luck
Scholar
#7 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 8:00 PM
Wow, I didn't know I needed one of these until I saw it. Perfect for my hermit shack. Thanks!

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 9:54 PM
What an excellent idea. Thanks!

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 9:59 PM
This is such a wonderful idea! If I wanted to retexture the barrel, could I have permission to redistribute it?
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 11:02 PM Last edited by rebecah : 15th Jan 2008 at 2:43 AM.
Cool idea and nicely done! I like the idea so much I tried to figure out a way to help.

I think the reason you couldn't get help with this, may be that no one has successfully changed them before.
I'm not sure about this though. I tried to convert the chess pieces into checkers and the only way I could
get them to work was to create a global hack. If you really want checkers instead of chess pieces you can use
the global replacement I created. When you no longer want chess pieces you just delete the file I called
BecksGlobalCheckerboardPieces.package

Maybe you can find what I missed:
Here's what I tried:

I cloned the item 0x7E6DDB68 (Chess pieces),I then created checker pieces and give it a new GUI.

I Imported Chess Globals:
Be sure to check Fix Package References if you do this yourself.

Line D change event to private instance and change instance number

Chess - Clear Board
Line 3 change event to private instance and change instance number

Chess - Sit In Chair
Line E change event to private instance and change instance numbe

Chess - Create Piece
Line 2 changed the gui

Chess - Reach for Piece
changed line 2c

Chess - Set Piece Position
Line 7 changed the gui

Event - Clear
changed line 1 gui

Event - Setup
changed line 29

import lot
changed line 8 gui

Function - Prevent Place in Slot
changed line 0 gui

Get In Temp 0 - Piece ID
changed line 5 gui

import lot
changed line 8 gui

There is a section of code called "Query - Am I a Chess Piece", I don't know how to edit this type or even if it is possible.
Maybe someone else can tell you this.

I will add the file I was unsuccessful getting to work so you can see if you can find what I missed. I called it FilesIWorkingOnUnsuccessfully.zip.

I also thought you might want to see the globalhack and fixed version of your creation those are in the file FixedMeshFileandGlobalHackCheckers.zip.

Please Note: The global hack will make all chess boards have checkers.

I also noticed you had duplicate meshes and the top didn't open. I fixed those items for you...hope you don't mind.

I'm sorry I wasn't successful in getting this to work for you. Hopefully someone who knows more than I do will figure it out.

Photo with global hack used:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FilesIWorkingOnUnsuccessfully.zip (63.2 KB, 5 downloads)
File Type: zip  FixedMeshFileandGlobalHackCheckers.zip (57.1 KB, 26 downloads)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:02 AM
That is really cute.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:20 AM
I work at Cracker Barrell, and I just happened to be browsing tonight and found this! So cute! I'm downloading it for the country store I'm building right now. It looks really great!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 12:39 AM
This is really great. Perfect for my hobo family.

You can have as much dust as you like because it's got no calories!
Theorist
#14 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:33 AM
A great idea for the contest, and nicely presented!
Alchemist
#15 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 7:30 AM
Your barrel looks great.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#16 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 11:33 PM
I love this and its perfect for a story I'm working on. Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
Cool idea and nicely done! I like the idea so much I tried to figure out a way to help.

I also noticed you had duplicate meshes and the top didn't open. I fixed those items for you...hope you don't mind.

I'm sorry I wasn't successful in getting this to work for you. Hopefully someone who knows more than I do will figure it out.

Thanks rebecah! Very nice of you to go to all that trouble attempting to figure out how to get checkers instead of chess! Also for pointing out my double mesh. I updated this download thanks to your help, and also restored the board section to its original thickness.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 10:18 PM
original idea! and I love the barrel too! aren't you going to upload it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alisar
original idea! and I love the barrel too! aren't you going to upload it?

Thanks so much!

Well, this particular barrel actually does have cut-outs on each side for the Sims legs, feet and knees to be able to slide in and sit properly, else those areas on them would be sort of sliding into the barrel itself as if it were made of nothing.

Berg, whose link I gave in my Additional Credits up there, has a number of different barrels you might like to look at in the mean time.

Maybe someday I can catch up with myself and get some of this very rustic variety done tho.
Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aligeth
Thanks rebecah! Very nice of you to go to all that trouble attempting to figure out how to get checkers instead of chess! Also for pointing out my double mesh. I updated this download thanks to your help, and also restored the board section to its original thickness.

You're very welcome sorry I couldn't be more help to you.
Instructor
#21 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 5:14 PM
This looks so great on the porch of my latest lot upload. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing. I guess I used the original version. Will your update override the original?
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 10:08 PM
Default many thanks
this will go good in the bunk house for the buckaroo's[/I]
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 2:04 AM
I love it! theres a sit down resturaunt where i live called The Cracker Barrel, and they have these there!~
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
Gahawwwleee

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#25 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 10:59 PM
Wonderful!

Thank you.
Page 1 of 2