Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Steampunk/Gaslight Photobooth Recolour

by valasia Posted 1st Feb 2008 at 3:30 AM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 11:25 PM by valasia

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 7:25 PM
Perfect for my less modern lots Thank you!
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 8:57 PM
Lovely indeed. A lot of my darker venues could use one of these. Thanks.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 10:46 PM
Perfect for my old fashioned lots. Just what we needed! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 1:24 AM
This is absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing this!

K.B.
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 1:55 AM
Being a fan of steampunk, seeing this made my night. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Theorist
#7 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 2:44 AM
This is a wonderful set of recolours - great for Victorian lots, but also a lot more classy in modern scenarios too. Brava!
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:30 AM
Oh these are absolutely beautiful! I love old fashioned things, and this is perfect for stories taking place in earlier times.
Plus, they are just beautiful, especially with that ornate detail on them.
I'm also a fan of steampunk.
Wonderful work, need I say anymore?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 6:49 PM
Fascinating work on this, thank you
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 12:40 AM
Absolutely phenomenal post! This caught my eye as soon as I saw it on the front page. The sims needs more steampunk stuff! This item is officially the only thing to pop up when one searches for 'steampunk' on this site. Someone should organize a project. Anyhow! If you made more steampunkthemed stuff I will definitely download. XD
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 2:35 PM
Wow, awesome craftmanship as usual.
Zombie Socks
#12 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:06 PM Last edited by whitewaterwood : 5th Apr 2008 at 7:19 PM.
Maybe it's just my computer, but this recolour is not working. I have all the expansion packs (minus freetime) so I don't think that's the problem. However, I looked at the files contained in the download. Is there supposed to be a lot of files with 'Stove' in the name?

Edit: Redownloaded. Apparently, those files are now gone. *confused as heck* Sorry for the trouble!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Instructor
#13 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 3:37 AM
Cool! Thanks

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 5:55 AM
Utterly, utterly required. Thankyou, from the bottom of my mechanical heart.

Living high contrast
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 13th May 2008 at 12:24 AM
It seems there is a download problem going on. I will come back later to grab this, but I just wanted to say ...Nice. Of course, I often come late to the dance. Nonetheless, this is a great recolour. Thanks for sharing.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 8:02 PM
Wonderful! These are so elegant! We definitely need more matching pieces! Thanks so much!! :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 5:09 AM
I tried these out and only the curtain recolor came up, and the gears, but for some reason not the wood part. I'll try redownloading. If that doesn't work, any ideas what might be causing it to go missing? I'm pretty sure I have the latest CEP.

Thanks for making steampunk stuff. It looks great, I can't wait to have it in my game fully!

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 10:10 PM
That is odd. If redownloading doesn't fix it, the only other suggestion I'd have is playing with the texture detail settings.

I have not tested it post AL, but I can't imagine why a new expansion would break a simple recolour like that.

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th May 2009 at 9:09 PM
o-o This is the EXACT thing I was hoping to find! <3 I did not expect to actually /find/ it. Awesome-tastic! My Victorian sims are uber-hyped for this. We really need to be able to take date pics of those poor simmies. xP Bon Voyage helps, but nay.

We thank you oh-so-muchly.
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 7:33 PM
I have AL, and I had the same problem that musiquefille is having. I love the recolors, and especially the wood part, but i am sad my victorian sims will have to go without a photo booth :-(