Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Hot CASTAWAY Project*

by Amy-Hotchic Posted 15th Feb 2008 at 8:06 PM - Updated 24th Feb 2008 at 2:06 PM by Amy-Hotchic : Body Shop Content - Mesh is on MTS2

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 8:18 PM
A while ago Numenor and Marylou converted all the LifeStories objects into regular sims objects, but they were asked by EA to remove them. We aren't supposed to transfer objects directly. I don't see any problem with making clothes that resemble ones from the game though. These outfits look pretty good.
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 10:46 PM
These outfits are great. I love your choice of meshes and hope to see more!
I was hoping more people would make clothing that would work in "Castaway"
I've played around with putting some mods into my download folder and I haven't made the island explode...yet!
Over at Sims2workshop I found some mods that Carrigon specifically made for Castaway Stories.
Over at MATY there was a post that said that custom skins and eyes should work fine in Life Stories and it appears that the same is true with Castaway.
But the most important warning is "Don't Mod the game if you are in Story Mode" it will most likely break the story, free play seems to be ok tho with mods.
The bottom line is backup your game when doing any of this, better safe than sorry

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 11:41 PM
one word for those pictures...JEEZ ! lol cool idea

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
A while ago Numenor and Marylou converted all the LifeStories objects into regular sims objects, but they were asked by EA to remove them. We aren't supposed to transfer objects directly.

These outfits do look very good, and I was wondering where the objects by Numenor & Marylou went and why there were no more made.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:04 AM
great clothes!!! just finished the Castaway story myself...MOds that worked for me, Merola's 3-tile ptg(must have for me)
The hacked clothing rack(non seasons) here at MTS2; InSIMenator is ok to "tweek" the game, but dont keep it in the game(not compatible); some of 2-Jeffs from Inteen, work great as well...hairs & eyes seem to be great in game..ya will need CEP just like SIms 2. XXXsims woohoo-anywhere files work great as well.

Great job on the clothes!

Tim
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:11 AM
Oh yeah, if ya dont like EA-fugliness, ya might want to get one of the several sets of default facelifts available here at MTS2

T
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:23 AM Last edited by Gorgeous Female Diamond : 25th Feb 2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: I got the game
I might look into buying that soon. My grandparents gave me 100 bucks, so I probably have enough mulah. If I do, I will definetely download this. Is very hot.

Edit: I got the game today. It's still pretty confusing, but i'll try to cope with it and i'll definetelty download this now.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:12 PM
So is this castaway only or can we put these great outfits in our main game?

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:40 PM
Great I am looking for skins and items for Castaway, I can say, it's an totally awesome game!
to bad it isn't compatible with sims2

and flame, yes the skins do work with sims2.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 10:32 PM
Great work. These go perfect with Bon Voyage. If I may ask could you make a teen version of these for us less talented people? Please!!

The Original Pondscum.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nina-x
Great I am looking for skins and items for Castaway, I can say, it's an totally awesome game!
to bad it isn't compatible with sims2

and flame, yes the skins do work with sims2.

Need I say more?

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Timman
Oh yeah, if ya dont like EA-fugliness, ya might want to get one of the several sets of default facelifts available here at MTS2

T

Yeah i know,I alredy tried the defaults out in my Sims 2 Castaway stories.It works fine.But you said that whoo hoo anywhere will work in my game.But it didn`t Whyyy!? The game will look way more realistic with that hack.And I also tried the `SeeMe`.But that hack don`t works too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cid
Great work. These go perfect with Bon Voyage. If I may ask could you make a teen version of these for us less talented people? Please!!

Well ok,when I see some good meshes like this two,but for teens,I will maybe make this outfits as teen version
You can also help me searching teen meshes that looks so sexy like this two that I used.When you find it,send me the link or something. :P
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 7:09 PM
I recently bought Castaway, and I was blown away. That is such a great story (Never guessed that he was evil), and it works very well with laptops, plus going place to place doesn't take that long either. It was kinda surprising though to see those Maxis Bug eyed sims, I almost forgot about that. Most of the NPC's are fugly, Maxis do you have to do that!? But either way, I loved it. As well as all those mini video's. Thank you for making this, and also explaining that I can download custom (non-fugly) stuff in my game. Yay! Nice job! Great clothes!
Theorist
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 12:35 AM
awesome thank you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:40 AM
I love them, If only you had used warlokks 34Ce-36 bodyshape mesh.
Still a definite download

Who says I have a short attention spa...Hey look a tree!!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 4:11 PM
its hot and cool!!! you done really good job on this one ps: can this work on the sims 2? not castaway stories if not could you maybe try it once more and make this on the sims thanx.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:19 PM
I would love to download these outfits :lovestruc ! But... I can`t, cause I don`t own nothing but winZip- program, and these are rar- files !!! Could you do them as zip-files?

Buskibuu :)))
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 12:52 AM
Very cute! ^_^ Can you try making tribal clothing? Lion cloth type thing? I have a bunch of cat sims and i really would like to try clothes like that on them for Castaway! Thanx for making these! XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 6:24 AM
will you be converting them to sims 3? i need castaway/natural clothes for my sims and these are exactly what ive been looking for! :3
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amy-HotChick
Only Bodyshop stuff will work in your Sims 2 Castaway stories normaly!Mods or objects woun`t ->because they aren`t compatible with the new order of that game

This is not true. Base game-compatible CC works in Castaway, but you'll have to search every category to find it as TS2 and Castaway have totally different category systems. For example, custom toys appear under foliage and rocks. Outfits need to be full sets, not upper/lower body parts. I hope that helps encourage you to try CC.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 6:34 AM
Thanks Amy, they are Beautiful!