Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Za Xis' Restaurant of Nowhere, Diner with an UFO and no CC.

by zaxis Posted 26th Feb 2008 at 9:36 PM

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#2 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 3:55 AM
Wow! I really like this lot... you've definitely captured the feel of a diner, and I can totally see this being in a goofy alien movie. Great job!

There's always money in the banana stand.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 5:02 AM
I love the design.Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 5:06 AM
Um, I love this? Kind of completely. I really do love the desert neighborhood but am always so confused as to what to put in it, this retro cutie will fit just perfectly! I only hope we'll see more for the desert soon!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 7:56 AM
Thank you so much!

I love it and it will fit great in my Strangtown!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 8:02 AM
Alchemist
#7 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 9:49 AM
I totally love this place! The retro sci-fi style looks great and I've enjoyed also the humor of your presentation. Good luck for the contest.

Does the UFO come together with the lot? Is it the neighborhood object modded in order to be placed on the roof?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 12:41 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 8:43 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Quote: Originally posted by lamammaforever
Does the UFO come together with the lot? Is it the neighborhood object modded in order to be placed on the roof?

i have the same question...i never saw the ufo as normal deco item for lots, just for neighbourhoods...

but, it's definitely a cool looking little diner! thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 3:15 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments!

Quote: Originally posted by lamammaforever
I totally love this place! The retro sci-fi style looks great and I've enjoyed also the humor of your presentation. Good luck for the contest.

It's included in the lot.

I used Frillen's collection pack to get it up there. As you may know Frillen's pack got messed up with Bon Voyage, so I had to use AnyGameStarter to make a non Bon Voyage lot with the UFO on it, package it, and then import it to the regular game.

So it looks like I'm stuck here forever on this floating island with Sarah and Skeleton Harvester.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 3:30 PM
as someone who worked at,not to say where?but 51 is ok.you did a great job,thankyou so much..jim
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 4:06 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 8:43 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
This will be a great addition to Strangetown. Good Job! I just got Free Time and there are several cool objects that will go great with this lot.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 4:52 PM
Wow ! It's rare that someone upload things for Strangetown. Thanks for uploading this GREAT lot !

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 5:01 PM
Very cool. I love Strangetown, and this would be great for it.
Wiki Wizard
#14 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 7:48 PM
this is reallya splendid job, well done:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 9:26 PM
Sorry to say, but the UFO doesn't show up in my game? I'm basically running everything including free time, so if someone can tell me if it shows up in an everything but free time game then I'll know where the problem lies?
Alchemist
#16 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rook_cheshire
Sorry to say, but the UFO doesn't show up in my game? I'm basically running everything including free time, so if someone can tell me if it shows up in an everything but free time game then I'll know where the problem lies?

As said Zaxis, the collection by Frillen which enables the UFO as object works up to Season. If you have BV or/and FT, the UFO doesn't show up. Too bad, I know, the UFO is cool.
A solution is AnyGameStarter by Numenor.

Thanks Zaxis for the answer. I have AGS so I I'll enjoy a lot this place and the UFO too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 5:00 AM
rock_cheshire, I installed the diner using the same .sims2pack that was uploaded and tried it in a new neighborhood with Bon Voyage and Free Time, and the UFO is included, as it should be. I haven't got any idea why it isn't in your lot.

Thanks Lamammaforever, but to my understanding that's not completely correct.. Frillen's pack enables non-buyable objects, by adding them in collection packs. But because of Bon Voyage non-buyables could no longer be used in collections. As far as I know there's no reason why the object itself can't work in Bon Voyage and/or Free Time.

So it looks like I'm stuck here forever on this floating island with Sarah and Skeleton Harvester.
Alchemist
#18 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 7:08 AM
Thanks Lamammaforever, but to my understanding that's not completely correct.. Frillen's pack enables non-buyable objects, by adding them in collection packs. But because of Bon Voyage non-buyables could no longer be used in collections. As far as I know there's no reason why the object itself can't work in Bon Voyage and/or Free Time.[/QUOTE]

Glad to know, because I deleted the collection when Frillen edited the post and stopped to use it in game, I have to check now ... it was so useful!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 11:24 AM
This is absolutely brilliant! It has to be; I've downloaded it and I don't download properties.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 6:20 PM
zaxis, it installed perfect by me...the spaceship is there and everything looks fine!

Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 10:49 AM
Thank you Nohan, I'm glad you could check it for me.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:35 PM
Zaxis I apologize, my game was just throwing a fit! A reinstalled it and everything is running smoothly, with the UFO cafe and everything!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#23 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 3:59 PM
Wow! While I don't find it "exceptional" for the contest, I find it absolutely fantastic for my game! Looks like it won't lag my poor video card. I don't remember the last time I actually downloaded a lot, since I only download cc free lots.

Thank you so much! This looks to be like a very usable lot. I very much appreciate that you made such a fantastic lot that will actually be playable. In my book a whole lot better than "exceptional" and unplayable.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:39 PM
this is really cute and imaginative! It's going into my strangetown neighborhood :D
Forum Resident
#25 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 9:49 PM
I'd like a table, yes. and a cold beer too.
is there anybody here to satisfy a new customer, tire and nervous for the long voyage? uh? uh? uh?
yes guy, I heard of this place and, it is really really strange as they say, yes.... strangetown for real.... I came here to drink the best thing you can in this place forgotten by God....
ehiiii do you hear what i say?

(nice lot, nice presentation, excuse the show I could not resist )
Page 1 of 2