Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

steampunk robot set

by sherahbim Posted 3rd Mar 2008 at 10:35 AM - Updated 11th Jul 2011 at 1:34 AM by sherahbim

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 7
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:29 PM
Those. Are. AMAZING!!!

I love steampunk stuff, and I'm delighted to see these - your textures are always amazing but these just blow me away. The little shining eyes, the gears in the forehead mask... I may just have to go make myself a servo now using these beautiful skins.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:29 PM
Wow these are so cool...I will be giving them a try. Thank you for making them available.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:39 PM
Holy Llama!!! That is incredibly awesome, Sherahbim. WOW.
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:36 PM Last edited by dragonmandy : 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:55 PM. Reason: adding something...
amazingly detailed! i wouldnt be surprised if these won and were featured!!!

*EDIT*
i knewd it! :P
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:54 PM
I LOVE these! You did a fantastic job. Thank you so much for uploading them.

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:00 PM
This is a godsend. I'm such a steampunk fanatic that this is going to be a welcomed addition to my game.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:02 PM
Really awesome,good luck!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:17 PM
Oh wow these look amazing! Like HP mentioned, if only the Servos could look like this. I just want to hug these robots and place magnets on them. Thats how real they look. Simply fantastic!

Wish ants would stop dying in my computer screen.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:20 PM
This is amazing! I so wanted a robotish skintone that would work in fantasy/medieval hoods. This is perfect. Hopefully I or someone more awesome can figure out how to put it on Servos. That would be beyond cool. Your creations always are top knotch. Thanks so much for sharing.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:32 PM
They are freaking amazing! I love the skintone.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmtmom
Hopefully I or someone more awesome can figure out how to put it on Servos. That would be beyond cool. Your creations always are top knotch. Thanks so much for sharing.

You can edit the looks of a servo; I've seen many at S2C which look like humans, so you should be able to edit it so the servos have these as their eyes, skintone etc.

Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to get this ingame :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 6:18 PM
That's lovely! ;D
Not actually evil.
#14 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 6:28 PM
Exquisite! Lovely details, fantastic color, looks just like brass. I like the option of making several robots that are similar but not the same.
Alchemist
#15 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 6:42 PM
Well, I sure never heard about steampunk before, but I love " The Time Machine" and this all reminds me of that. Really a different ScienceFiction! And as usual perfectly and amazingly ... perfect!
Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 7:10 PM
This brass skin with rivets looks amazing! I love your set a lot!
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 7:12 PM
I think a better way to explain Steampunk to people who don't know what it is is to tell it to them like this:

Think of steampunk as if the future happened in the past.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 7:56 PM
Incantevole. One of my favorite downloads.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 8:06 PM
Incredible.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:08 PM
This is so amazing! I adore Steampunk and have always wished for more Steampunk creations for Sims. Thank you so so much. <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:10 PM
oh im so happy you all like it
i really worked my butt off on this set and there were a few times i wasn't sure if i would be able to finish it in time for the contest, so thank you all so much for all the nice compliments, it really means a lot to me

your right verenaheu "The Time Machine" is definitely steampunk, i should have used that in the description

if anyone wants to use this for making a servo or anything feel free just give me some credit please
Instructor
#22 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:32 PM
Holy hell, this is fantastic! I have to give this a try.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#23 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:11 AM
Wow, lovely details! I love the geary forehead and the ability to make them look different from each other

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:46 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 6th Mar 2008 at 1:18 AM.
AMAZING!

This is truly original!!!

WOW!

That's me, silly. Not a sim. But uh, if you're into me, good. If not, whatever.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 1:40 AM
I have no words, so I will simply bow to your greatness! SO BLEEPIN' SWEET I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 7