Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh 2 long furcoats

by Cocomama Posted 10th Mar 2008 at 4:05 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2008 at 7:31 PM by Cocomama

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:52 AM
I shall enjoy this long jacket for sure.
Thank You for creating and sharing this excellent mesh with us.
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 2:27 PM
Thanks..one thing I do not have a great variety of is long coats for my medieval/fantasies..this will help tremendously!
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 5:42 PM
thanx for these, i loved the wide version! keep on with this great job!

hi!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 9:29 PM
Regency coats, yay! Thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 1:31 AM
Thank you! These are perfect for my Regency 'hood.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 9:37 PM
I love to read that you like these meshes, thank you for the lovely supporting comments.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:50 AM Last edited by BillySIMS139 : 19th Mar 2008 at 4:42 AM.
Default Recolours for your mesh!
Beautiful! Thank you

I'm back to recolouring, so here are some for your mesh:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=278116

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 5:33 PM
I LOVE these coats, but when I put them in my game (I have Glamour Life installed) the bottoms of the coats have the jagged look like the fur coats in Glamour Life. When I uninstall Glamour Life, the long fur coats look the way they should. I'm afraid the Glamour Life mesh/ fur coats overwrite the mesh you have here. Is there some way to fix that? Is there something I can do to have these really awesome long fur coats look the way they should and still have Glamour Life installed in my game?
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 11:13 PM Last edited by Cocomama : 25th Mar 2009 at 10:09 AM.
The coats show up normal for me. Do you have some kind of mod/hack in your game that move clothing to the outerwear bin?
Or did you made the coats Outerwear only using Wardrobe Wrangler or Simpe?
I attached a version of the files that are outerwear only, could you test if the coats show up normal for you now?

edit 25-3 In another thread of mine Tymaporer had the same problem, she resolved it by adjusting the graphic detail setting to high, maybe you can try that too?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Mesh-Coc-FAsmallFurcoatLong-OuterwearOnly.rar (1.53 MB, 12 downloads)
File Type: rar  Mesh-Coc-FAwideFurcoatLong-OuterwearOnly.rar (1.20 MB, 11 downloads)
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 2:30 AM Last edited by carrieo2guns : 30th Mar 2009 at 6:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
The coats show up normal for me. Do you have some kind of mod/hack in your game that move clothing to the outerwear bin?
Or did you made the coats Outerwear only using Wardrobe Wrangler or Simpe?
I attached a version of the files that are outerwear only, could you test if the coats show up normal for you now?

edit 25-3 In another thread of mine Tymaporer had the same problem, she resolved it by adjusting the graphic detail setting to high, maybe you can try that too?

Hi Cocomama! I don't have any mods in my game that deal with clothing. I have some global mods and stuff, but nothing that would change the way the sims wear their clothes. I haven't made any clothing, I've tried with the Sims 2 Body Shop, but I don't know how. I saw that I put the coats into my game, and they worked fine. Then I got the Sims 2 Glamour Life and suddenly the coats didn't look the same. They look like the Glamour Life coats, all jagged at the bottom. Your coats look way better than those. I will put the files that you listed as outerwear only in my game (The site is down right now) and let you know if it worked or not. Thanks ALOT for responding! I appreciate it!

I did put the files for the Outerwear only in my game, but the bottoms ended up looking like the Glamour Life fur coats too! Ah well!
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:09 PM
Ooh! Awesome! Love it!
I don't know why, but that blue one reminds me of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle...an anime i watch...huh odd...zanx for uploading it! (even though i cant use it...T.T)