Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Desperate Housewives: Mayer Residence

by StephSim Posted 13th Mar 2008 at 1:06 PM - Updated 6th Jul 2009 at 5:59 PM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts
Wiki Wizard
#2 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 6:51 PM
This is lovely, thanks steph:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 11:33 PM
Thanks DD! Methinks you actually love that "Americana" look with the picket fences. This house was almost the death of me because of the gambrel roof. Just when I decided boolprop constrainfloorelevation would not work the way I needed it to, I happened across another house with a non boolproped gambrel roof. I played with the roof options and finally got it to work enough to achieve the right look! So, I MUST agree with you (as painful a design as it was)... This is indeed a "lovely" house with a VERY Sim friendly layout! I hope you enjoy the download. :D

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:35 PM
I love it...just downloaded and can't wait to "play" with it...furnish it, decorate it, etc. I will create a new Sim just for this house! Thank you for sharing a wonderful creation with us.

Live, Laugh and Grow
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:41 PM
Elmo,
I'm glad you like the house. I think it looks much better in the game. The overall layout is simtastic, but the kitchen area in the house is my favorite because of the openness. I like how you can sit at the kitchen table and look out into the front yard. Talk about living vicariously through Sims!

P.S. - If you like this Wisteria lot, be sure to click on my profile and check out the other lots. There are 11 Desperate Housewives lots total to pick and choose from and build a fabulous Wisteria Lane community!

Happy Simming!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:06 PM
How do we get the gambrel roof? I've been playing around but I just can't get it! :[

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

DO NOT under any circumstances upload any of my lots to the exchange!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 1:56 AM Last edited by StephSim : 20th Mar 2008 at 12:34 PM.
Creating the gambrel look using the roofslopeangle and roof lock tool wasn't easy. As a matter of fact, I had to play with adding and removing roofs until I finally got it to work. It was pure luck!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added...
After trying to recreate the gambrel effect, I grew weary. There is a method to it, but I'm afraid my heart is just not into figuring it out at the moment. It wasn't a simple 3 step thing, but a LOT of trial & error. Basically, I had to trick the walls into staying put. All I can remember is that the last 2 steps involved me deleting the sides of the gambrel and replacing them quickly. When I'm more focused, I will figure it out. Sorry can't help you right now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added...
This may be of some help. There is a lot here at MTS2 I have seen with this sort of gambrel called "The Montclair" by Ramond - which is where I got the idea. I saw that it could be done and worked on it until I got it to work. Here is the link to Ramond's profile page. Perhaps you can pm him or any other the other creators below and ask:
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/Ramond

Other Creators who have used this method during the Farm Challenge:
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/CTNutmegger
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/larsson1970
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/MrsDisel
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/twoflower
steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 5:12 AM
thanks so much! that wretched "individualroofslopeangle" wasn't working for me properly. *pulls out hair*

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

DO NOT under any circumstances upload any of my lots to the exchange!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:53 PM
You are most welcomed Ash.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 5:36 AM
OMG! I just got season 4 on DVD and it had the silly little Wisteria Ln pamphlet thing with all the houses and I wanted to make them all, but... looks like you beat me to it!

I can't say I'll be downloading just yet (my computer is a bit too slow for stuff right now), but I definitely will at some point in the future!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 11:50 PM
This was my first BIG project for Sims 2. It was great fun creating it. Once you upgrade your computer I think you will absolutely LOVE the houses! Of course, even I break down walls and such to fit the show better, but still - the exteriors are as true to form as can possibly be in the Sims. Glad you found them. Don't forget to bookmark them for later.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#12 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 12:21 AM
Beautiful!

Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 8:04 AM
Glad you like! I hope your Wisteria neighborhood is coming together!

Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 5:11 PM
Hi! This is truly a beautiful house you've created here!
But one thing: I think it's "wrong" that you state that this is the closest you can get the real house in sims, 'cause that's not true. I know; I have built one myself..

:Pinguin
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:52 AM Last edited by StephSim : 18th Sep 2011 at 4:03 AM.
Hmmm?

First...Thanks for the compliment.

As for the rest...where did I state that this the closest YOU can get to the real house. I wouldn't say that...at least not as you are implying. In my description I do refer to my original version being quite unlike the true lot because of the gambrel roof and with the limits of Sim lot design replicating the "exact" roof design is a challenge due to limitations (especially at given the EPs I used at the time). Gambrel roofs are now a piece of cake. But more importantly, I do state that these lots are not exact replicas as I don't generally do exact replicas...I tried to capture the outside look as much as possible FOR ME and then I take liberties as I see fit.

None-the-less...thanks for the original compliment.

~*~Stephanie~*~