Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Transparent Rug - Hopscotch, graves and dance feet instructions

by SaraF Posted 3rd Apr 2008 at 9:25 PM - Updated 4th Apr 2008 at 1:21 PM by SaraF : Forgot to add credit to SIMale for his font

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:36 PM
Very clever idea!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:47 PM
Indeed a splendid idea I never saw before! Thank you for sharing your work.
hexameter
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 3:19 PM
good idea! That could also be used to add some dirt e.g. quickly to any floor wanted
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 3:50 PM
I actually had an idea to make a crime scene too with one chalked out body and another transparent blood splatter rug if you wanted it to be bloody. But my photoshop abilities really failed in making a good bloodsplatter so I trashed that idea for now. Hopefully someone with a bit more skill would be interested in making that one day.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:57 PM
Thank you for this! I was recently searching for something like this so that I could recolor it and make sidewalk chalk drawings! Do you think you could upload a blank template?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:46 PM
I didn't actually use a blank template for it. I chose to open the original rug and export the image out so I could open it in photoshop. Then I just used layering to do what I wanted to do making sure I stayed inside of the original rugpicture in the background. When I was done I deleted the background layer, saved the image as png and imported it into SimPE again. I'm still pretty new at this so I really don't know what making a blank template entails yet .
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 10:26 PM
Oh, I see! I have no idea how to go about recoloring something without using Body Shop, so I don't really understand. I've tried to find a rug recoloring tutorial, but I came up with nothing. How do you open the rug file and get the image out?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 12:11 AM
Ok I really am very new at this so I don't think I would do a very good job at explaining. However I did find some links for you that I hope will help. First I managed to actually find a template for the echo rug searching around MTS creator forums:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138131

Then there is a tutorial for recoloring objects that seemed good here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5#startcomments

And finally at the top of this there is a link that leads to a wallset by Pixelhate that also has a really good tutorial included with it for making transparent recolors of those walls. http://(http://www.modthesims2.com/...d.php?t=242442).
That tutorial was really helpful for me in understanding what was happening. I don't think I could have done these rugs without it.
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:15 AM
What a cool idea! I especially like the hopscotch version.
Scholar
#11 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:09 PM
A very good addition to rugs (I like especially the school one) ! Thank you SaraF !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:57 PM
Wow, unique idea! Thos look great, thanks
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 10:46 PM
SaraF! You are amazing! Thank you for showing me those links!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 11:52 PM
Glad you found them useful . Good luck with the creating!
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:07 AM
Neato! Thanks for sharing

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 7:44 AM
Absolutely brilliant! I tried it out in-game last night, and it looks fantastic.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 6:38 AM
These really brilliant! The hopscotch ones especially will look great in my SimLogical schools!

Now for a silly question - I know that in the post you said they were from Echo's rug mesh, but then at the bottom in the required downloads section it has a link to a rug mesh my Numenor. Which one is it?

I have the right to act my shoe size.
#18 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by destuana
Now for a silly question - I know that in the post you said they were from Echo's rug mesh, but then at the bottom in the required downloads section it has a link to a rug mesh my Numenor. Which one is it?
Both are correct. Follow the link, and you`ll see for yourself.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 4:59 PM
Thank you