Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Steampunk Computer recolor

by musiquefille Posted 26th Apr 2008 at 6:10 PM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 1:38 PM by Echo

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 1:22 AM
oooh! I love steampunk workshop, awesome source of inspiration! This is a beautiful recolour!! Keep at it!
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 2:17 AM
Thank You
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 2:59 AM
That looks pretty good! thanks!
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 3:59 AM
Brilliant! Thank you so much.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 5:21 AM
Oh my word! That is an awesome computer from Steampunk. I want it. Your recolor is pretty awesome. I'm downloading it and when you learn meshing I want that one, too. I have no Victorian sims . . . well no Victorian households at any rate, some of my Sims, maybe, but I love Victorian stuff. I seriously want to buy furniture for my own home (when I have one) from the Victorian era. Thank you for making this computer recolor.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 5:39 AM Last edited by discordia_eris : 29th Apr 2008 at 10:56 AM.
Ooh, I fell in love with that computer a couple of days ago, and wondered who I could shamelessly beg to make a sims version... Close enough for me! Awesome!

“We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem.” ~Trillian “Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 6:56 AM
That right there is a freakin' AWESOME recolor.
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:44 AM
I can't have the lovely real life steampunk computer you linked to, but at least my sims can have your lovely recolor.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 10:53 AM
Great recolour. I love the steampunk computer; I saw it a few months ago in a magazine and wish I could have one. Still if you are able to create the mesh for it I can at least download it for my sims to have.

Thanks for the recolour.
Scholar
#11 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 12:33 PM
A nice addition for this period. Thank you Musiquefille.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 3:27 PM
Thanks for this! We could definitely use more steampunk stuff. :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 6:15 PM
I could tongue you!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 8:26 PM
Great period piece! Beautiful job recoloring an object that one wouldn't necessarily see in the Victorian era. The way you've steampunked this, it looks perfectly at home! Great job with the research, the recolor, well everything! Thank you!

[
Forum Resident
#15 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 7:45 AM
nice idea musiqueville! and really good Victorian recolor thank you for sharing
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 2:10 PM
Thank you very much! We need more steampunk in the Sims world. If I could get the hang of making meshes, I'd totally make you one. But alas, I'm much too much of a two-dimensional thinker for 3d programs.

On a related note, have you seen Datamancer's Steampunk Laptop? It's so awesome it hurts. Man's a genius, I swear.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:35 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you all liked this recolor. I'm probably going to steampunkify a few more things in the coming weeks so stay tuned.

As for Datamancer's Steampunk laptop, I totally have seen it and it is amazing. I might use the wood-box technique for another project I have in mind.

Keep the comments coming, this are the things that encourage me to create!

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th May 2008 at 4:08 PM
Just found this laptop skin that helps to steampunkify it just a little bit: Steampunk Gelaskin

Forum Resident
#19 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 11:13 PM
I REALLY look forward the day when will do this precious Gelaskin for sims!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:14 PM
I love recolors, thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 2:21 PM
I love this, and steampunk stuff - however, I can't get the file to show up.

I have all the major EP's up to Seasons - has anyone else experienced problems getting this to show up?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:37 PM
it's a recolor of the little sister computer - try using the design tool on it?

Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 9:40 PM
good work & thankyou for the link steampunk,super.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 2:33 AM
someone should upload an old fashioned type writer, based off the computer, that adult sims can only write novels on. Theirs one out there for kids, but its not really useful for Victorian homes since you can't write novels on it. But this looks Victorian enough until then. :D
Field Researcher
#25 Old 6th May 2009 at 9:18 PM
BLOODY. FREAKING. GORGEOUS.

Oh my gosh. I saw the RL typewriter-computer a while ago and was, like, "kyaaa... I wish money grew on cacti." and this is... this is... bloody. gorgeous. It's not perfect, but it's still absolutely lovely. And my Sims really need a computer. Thankies! <3
Page 1 of 2