Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enigmatic Waters - 3 More Natural Water Colors + Animated River

by jon119 Posted 3rd May 2008 at 9:26 PM - Updated 2nd Jun 2013 at 1:51 AM by HugeLunatic

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Scholar
#2 Old 5th May 2008 at 7:53 PM
This is great Jon !!! And the river simulating is brillant (just maybe a little too quick, arf for a not mountain river :p) ! I have to see in game but for now a big danke (thank you) for you !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th May 2008 at 7:57 PM
Oh my gosh O.O!
That's one of the things I wanted for a long time for the Sims but I thought it would never be possible to make...
Thanks so much for this river animation, it is really worth downloading, especially for story-writers, since I am one myself and this is really a very nice job you've done!

And for the planes...is there a kind of special marking where to click if you want to remove it? I just want to now before I use it and cannot find the place whre to click for deleting it xD.

Oh, yes a 'danke' from my side aswell, very much thankies to you !
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:49 PM
Thank you! I've been wanting a river flow for a long time now! Not only did you do that, now I've got murky swamp water too! You rock!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:07 PM Last edited by JLonier : 6th May 2008 at 9:16 AM. Reason: is thanks not feedback
This is absolutely amazing! I have waited so long for something like this. It will really help with movie making. So much more realism with the flowing water. I love the additional colors you created for the ponds as well. Thank you very much for this download.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:12 PM
Thanks, I'll try it out!!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:15 PM
Ooh thank you so much for this! I love the flowing river!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:28 PM
Love this! Will add a lot to my foresty scences.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:20 PM
Oh my god, this is wonderful! I love the realism of it, and I can already tell I will be using and abusing it. Just look at that flowing river! I bow to you, Jon. Thank you so much for this fantastic creation!
Scholar
#10 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:25 PM
You're a genius.I have waited so long for more beautiful and realistic water and today I feel so spoiled.Thank you so much for this gorgeous creation.It seems very easy to use and I enjoy it in advance.Big hugs.
Scholar
#11 Old 6th May 2008 at 12:20 AM
Yes it's a very simple use (just to pose the "color zone" on the water). Really thank you Jon, it's well done !
If i can quickly I would like to add. Can you make a more small zone (flowing gray) to put it in little rivers and more handy in the curves ? It would be great !
Bravo in any case !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th May 2008 at 12:32 AM
Thank you sooo much, I've been trying to find something similar to this for my waterfall/pebble pond =D. Wanted the waterfall to actually continue on the floor and couldn't find anything like this =p
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:20 AM
Fabulous & great idea!! I love the river, and very creative idea for the ponds as well. I will have a grand time designing with these new items BIG thanks and job well done.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th May 2008 at 2:42 AM
Fan-FREAKING-tastic. So you can place all of them in you game?
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:06 AM
This is sooooooo awesome. Great job!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 6th May 2008 at 4:38 AM
Excellent! I totally agree that the water in SIMS is just a little too idealized pretty perfect -- and not at all realistic. I am looking forward to using these.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th May 2008 at 5:24 AM Last edited by ClicknPsycho : 6th May 2008 at 5:29 AM. Reason: Stupid questions
I love the river. and the water recolors are so simple, love em!
Already used them on two lots.

Can I upload the river with lots (with praise and link to you of course) ?

edited below.
"nevermind" read your policy.
thanx

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th May 2008 at 6:22 AM Last edited by JLonier : 6th May 2008 at 9:17 AM. Reason: thanks not feedback
thank you :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th May 2008 at 6:34 AM
I love this it is so great thanks thanks

with love miki0013
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th May 2008 at 6:52 AM
This looks sweet! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th May 2008 at 6:57 AM
Amazing! I love the river. You did a great job on the texturing and animation.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 6th May 2008 at 7:43 AM
Amazing! I love the river! *Runs off to build rivers in lots*
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#23 Old 6th May 2008 at 12:23 PM
You clever bugger =) These are great and I will definitely be using them - thanks for your work and for sharing !

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th May 2008 at 12:46 PM Last edited by jon119 : 6th May 2008 at 4:32 PM.
First I want to thank you for all the thanks, comments and dankes !!!

Quote: Originally posted by Earthdragon
Oh my gosh O.O!
And for the planes...is there a kind of special marking where to click if you want to remove it? I just want to now before I use it and cannot find the place whre to click for deleting it xD.

Oh, yes a 'danke' from my side aswell, very much thankies to you !

You don't need any marking because you can grap and remove the mesh everywhere .

Quote:
If i can quickly I would like to add. Can you make a more small zone (flowing gray) to put it in little rivers and more handy in the curves ? It would be great !

I agree that curves would be great but this won't be easy to do (at least for me...). Let's see if I can figure out how to do it.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th May 2008 at 2:15 PM
Wow! I never liked the ugly blue Maxis water. A lot of my houses have a river in the front, now they'll actually look like a real river! Thank you very much.
Page 1 of 4