Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Monterrey Villa

by ash3sandgh0sts Posted 12th May 2008 at 6:24 AM - Updated 15th May 2008 at 4:35 AM by ash3sandgh0sts

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 14th May 2008 at 3:53 PM
Stunning house! :D
Scholar
#3 Old 14th May 2008 at 4:09 PM
Your house is stunningly beautiful.It looks so inviting and so real that I can close my eyes and imagine that I am entering this gorgeous lot and enjoying deeply everything on it:Wonderful architectural lines,delightful hamony between pure white and dark wood and so sweet landscaping.This is a jewel.
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work.Big hugs.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th May 2008 at 4:26 PM
very nice is so beautiful thank you so mauch for sharing.

"I have chosen darkness as my guide, Broken is my heart, Pain walks by my side, Grey is my Reality."
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th May 2008 at 4:54 PM
Incredible, incredible, incredible...
Never bored of admiring your work.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th May 2008 at 5:00 PM
woooow! perfect spanish influence in this lot! I adore it, great job!
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th May 2008 at 6:44 PM
absolutely amazing, a true work of art. thank you so much for sharing your hard work and most excellent creation.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th May 2008 at 8:55 PM
It is a pearl! Thank you.
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th May 2008 at 10:42 PM
Beautiful! Thanks :-)

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th May 2008 at 4:42 AM
Well I don't know if you thought if you got it right but I do know I had to have this house in my neighborhood.I absoutely adore it!Thank you!
Inventor
#11 Old 16th May 2008 at 9:23 AM
Wow is really all I can say. I'm speechless. It's so beautiful and realistic, I wish I lived there.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th May 2008 at 6:01 PM
good work, its pretty good, but.. i live in monterrey and i have not seen any house similar to this one... but well, anyway, thanks. I think its just the name that you liked
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th May 2008 at 10:44 AM
This is great, just what I wanted someone to do with the lancet arch set. Yay!

I've been frustrated too when trying to build this general type of house. I think the Monterey style is easier to translate to Sims2 than the more ornate Spanish Revival stuff is, because they have roofs with some overhang and fewer idiosyncratic architectural details that have to be gotten just right.

Anyway, I think you pulled it off! It's lovely and captures the spirit of the style.

Oh, and akitremo-- ash3sandgh0sts did not just call the house "Monterrey" because he or she just "liked the name", but because s/he actually knows something about architectural styles. That's the name of the style, only it's actually spelled "Monterey" with one "r", named after the (small) city in California
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th May 2008 at 11:51 AM
I saw this lot in the finds section on the MTS2 forum and it immediately caught my attention. It looks great in the screenshots. Love it! Thank you for sharing this jewel with us.

~:: Check out my creations at Casa Sims and at Simnuts Creations ::~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th May 2008 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BabaYaga
This is great, just what I wanted someone to do with the lancet arch set. Yay!

I've been frustrated too when trying to build this general type of house. I think the Monterey style is easier to translate to Sims2 than the more ornate Spanish Revival stuff is, because they have roofs with some overhang and fewer idiosyncratic architectural details that have to be gotten just right.

Anyway, I think you pulled it off! It's lovely and captures the spirit of the style.

Oh, and akitremo-- ash3sandgh0sts did not just call the house "Monterrey" because he or she just "liked the name", but because s/he actually knows something about architectural styles. That's the name of the style, only it's actually spelled "Monterey" with one "r", named after the (small) city in California

i agree, and i've attempted that ornate spanish revival nonsense (which of course i love) but unless...oh, you give us some great content to reflect it ( ) i'll never get it right! lol. & as to the spelling, well...i've seen it with one R, and i've seen it with two. bah! nonsense, all of it! (i prefer two Rs. even if it is incorrect, heh.)

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

DO NOT under any circumstances upload any of my lots to the exchange!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st May 2008 at 7:57 PM
Absolutely stunning house... again!!!

I've been building houses for my game for quite a while now (4 years) and could never reach this level of achievement of yours. All of your houses are quality A-1 in terms of architecture likeliness and style, adding your personal touch that makes me a tad bit jeallous of my sims for owning these pieces of art. Thanks a lot for enlightening our games with all of your marvellous houses. ;-)

"Life is a tightrope walker who eventually has to fall.
Life is a racer rife with anger and time is a wall."

-Martin Clement, in "The Swirls of Time"
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th May 2008 at 8:04 AM
Stunning house!

But for whatever reason, the windows/doors/arches didn't show up right, I guess the meshes weren't included with the file? Anyway, I got them, so now the house should be as beautiful as it is in the pictures...I just wish I'd known beforehand.

It's still gorgeous...this is one style I can never do right, but maybe houses like yours will give me some tips. I could never do the landscaping as well, though, that's just not my bag.

Great work, I'm converting it into a hotel, lol, for a neighborhood I'm creating.
Scholar
#18 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 6:13 PM
this is adorable!!! thank you!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Instructor
#19 Old 12th May 2010 at 10:01 AM
So beautiful!