Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

~Homey Touches: The Bedroom Set~ 11 New Meshes!

by sweetswami77 Posted 18th May 2008 at 2:24 AM - Updated 2nd Mar 2009 at 1:57 AM by sweetswami77

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th May 2008 at 1:41 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 19th May 2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Wow, what a beautiful set, I just want to say how incredibly talented and patient you are for creating this, it is absolutely gorgeous, the detail is truly a credit to you. Thank you so much for sharing this with us

Dooglebear
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th May 2008 at 2:28 PM
Very nice! I really like all the wrought iron details, and the artwork. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to use it in my game.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th May 2008 at 5:08 PM
This is lovely. It's very rare that I download anything anymore, especially furniture, but I'm downloading this.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th May 2008 at 5:18 PM
Thank you all! I'm so glad you like the set!
Instructor
#6 Old 19th May 2008 at 6:05 PM
wow wow, great set, love it. Thank you a million.
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th May 2008 at 6:19 PM
Very good job sweetswami, I'm glad to see you have finished your set! Thanks a lot

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Instructor
#8 Old 19th May 2008 at 6:36 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful Thankyou!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th May 2008 at 7:04 PM
Gorgeous!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 19th May 2008 at 7:32 PM
The colors are beautiful, the woodwork is gorgeous I can't wait to see it in more detail in the game. And thank you SO much for adding a collection file (it makes it so much easier/fun to use pieces in a set. Nice job!! THANK YOU ~ *
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th May 2008 at 7:33 PM
Thank you all, and especially you, Maylin! I'm working on the dining set now, and I'm sure I'll need to bend your ear on that one, too! ;o)
Instructor
#12 Old 19th May 2008 at 7:42 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 19th May 2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Just reporting back to say this looks fabulous in game!! :D
Instructor
#13 Old 19th May 2008 at 8:12 PM
You were so worried about this in the creator feedback forum. Personally I'm a bit iffy about the 12 000 poly bed, you've had help & advice from the cream of the crop so maybe there was a slight hiccup there but apart from that it's a lovely first set and despite what you say nicely textured I am looking forward to what else you have in store for us!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th May 2008 at 8:47 PM
Cameronsnan, thanks so much for reporting back! I'm happy to hear any feedback from anyone who's tried it in their game.

Buggybooz, I agree. I've been wracking my brain to come up with a way to reduce the poly count for the bed, but aside from removing the wrought iron and eliminating the extra pillows and bedding (which I felt would have made the bed too plain), I couldn't think of anything. Of course, I'm sure there are still hidden faces that I haven't removed. I'm still working on perfecting my skills at that. ;o) It was, at one point, over 25,000, so anything less than 13K had me jumping for joy!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I truly appreciate everyone's help on the forums. This has been a major learning experience for me.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 19th May 2008 at 9:07 PM
this is very sweet and homely, thank you for your hard work!
Instructor
#16 Old 20th May 2008 at 3:23 AM
Very nice set! Love the colors, especially. Can't wait to try this out in my game!
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th May 2008 at 8:19 AM
May I ask why don't the sims sleep under the covers? Other wise very nice set, thank you.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th May 2008 at 9:53 AM
Lovely set, can't wait for the rest of it!!!

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#19 Old 20th May 2008 at 2:06 PM
Oh!! Here I was sitting here thinking - hmmmm - what to recolour next and I come across this delightful and delicious set! What an absolutely stunning first set AND divine textures to boot =) Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent and for including your UV maps - because there is no chance in hell I could stop myself having a recolour play with this excellent stuff =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th May 2008 at 4:35 PM
Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad you like it!

Karen, I was wondering that myself. I've noticed that on a lot of custom beds with custom bedding. When I opened the Maxis mesh for the bedding in Milkshape, the top cover showed as a back face, which would be completely transparent in the game. I thought it might have something to do with the way bedding is drawn from only one bed, and I was reluctant to turn it around, as it might have unexpected results. I'll have to ask in the creators' forums and see if there's something I can do about it though. It would be nice to have a fix for it. Thanks for mentioning it!
Instructor
#21 Old 20th May 2008 at 10:19 PM
Wow this is fantastic! Thanks so much
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 31st May 2008 at 4:22 AM
I just think this set is full of beauty and so much talent.
The bed does scare me but what the heck so does life at times.
Thank You for sharing your amazing work with us and I cant wait to see what you have in the works.
You are so talented and artistic, great work.
Instructor
#23 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:34 PM
I just had to post again...this set is awesome! I've been playing it in my game for a few days now and I just love it (and Loverat's recolor.) Some of my favorite aspects of this set are cost, color, and coordination! Everything looks great together and my Sims can have the whole "ensamble" without a ton of Simoleans! Thanks so much! Can't wait to see the dining set you mentioned above!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 11:04 PM
It's great. Does the dresser lamp function as a dresser?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:07 AM
Hi, kaycab! No, the dresser lamp is just a modified floor lamp. Sorry.
Page 1 of 2