Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

dragonmandy's brows as DEFAULT REPLACEMENTS and *binned* custom brows

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 22nd May 2008 at 9:08 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 8:04 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2008 at 10:57 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 22nd May 2008 at 11:19 PM.
How to swap textures using SimPE

- Download and install SimPE, and make sure you also get the NVidia DDS utilities, and be sure you set the path to the DDS utilites in SimPE's Extras menu, Preferences.

- Make or get eyebrow images, black, brown, blond, red, and elder grey. 512x512 is a good size.

- Make a backup copy of my default eyebrow packages, so if you make a mistake or don't want your changes, you can go back.

- Double click any of my default eyebrow packages to open them with SimPE. In the upper left, you'll see a Resource Tree. Click the TXTR line. You will see a list of textures in the box to the right, the Resource List.

- Click a texture in the Resource List. You should now see a picture of the texture at the bottom, in the Plugin View. If you don't, make sure that you have clicked the Plugin View tab, at the bottom.

- Right click the texture picture. You will see a menu. Select "Build DXT". If "Build DXT" is grayed out, you forgot to get the NVidia DDS utilities and/or you forgot to tell SimPE where they are.

- You will see a popup dialog. Select DXT5 format, if it is DXT5 already, leave it. Set mipmap levels to 1, not 10, if it's already 1, just leave it. Set smoothing to None. Click the "open" link, select the texture image you want to use.

- Click the Build button. The popup dialog will close, and you will see your new image.

- Click the Commit button! Very important! Click it!

- In the File menu, select Save.

Now rinse and repeat for each texture and file you want to change.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:54 AM
These are great! Thank you so much! I downloaded a different default set of brows just a few days ago, but they just weren't right for me...but there aren't many default eyebrows out there so I didn't have much to choose from. But these are perfect, thank you! :-D
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd May 2008 at 6:25 AM
Awesome! I've never liked the eyebrows that were already on the game. They just didn't look at all natural. These are much better!

Quote:
"I pity the man who has to buy
The painted smile and the sculpted cry
The woodland scene of what might have been
And leave it alone in a vault of stone."
~Bill Jones- What Am I Bid?
Alchemist
#5 Old 23rd May 2008 at 10:36 AM
Cool! Thanks a lot!
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:50 PM
thanx for using them for something, and i think i will use these myself!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th May 2008 at 4:18 PM
I like them. The Maxis eyebrows look so fake and I look forward to trying the default eyebrows. However what does Binned mean? I have seen that term before but I can't figure out what it means.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th May 2008 at 6:42 PM
Anebrd Binned means the eyebrows will change color when you change hair color. Brown eyebrows will show up in the brown eyebrow bin, blond in the blond bin. Unbinned brows would all show up in the custom bin and not change color when you change hair color.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 8:38 AM
Thank you very much, Cat! The default eyebrow tutorial will be very useful for me as I have found eyebrows that I adore, but they aren't made into defaults
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 7:17 PM
captainlicious I'm glad! I was hoping someone would find those instructions useful.

Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 8:58 AM
Good download. I'll definitely check them out in game. Maxis style 1 and 2 is very annoying with more realistic hair:/ Let's see if this hits the golden middle.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 5:01 AM
Thanks. Was looking for replacements, and here they are
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 7:32 PM
Thank you so very much for making these default :'D the maxis eyebrows have ALWAYS bothered me. These brows almost don't even fit right with the descriptions 'bushy' or 'tweezed' or 'combed' ; it's more like we have simply different styles to choose from
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 12:05 AM
Hugmuffin666 I agree, these really don't match the Maxis names. I just liked dragonmandy's brows, and tried to find three that were different enough from each other, and had a passing similarity to the Maxis styles.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:59 AM
Incase you continue to read this thing: how do these work with default skins, since they already (?) have their own eyebrows?
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:05 PM
I've been looking for this for so long, I hate the maxis eyebrows.
Really good work, thanks!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:50 AM
This is one of those mods that stays in my game no matter what. The sight of maxis eyebrows makes me frown at their ugliness. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 10:12 PM
these are so realistic!!! thank you so much!!! :DDDD
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th May 2010 at 11:36 PM
grammapat Good default skins should not have any eyebrows on them. Try HystericalParoxysm's default skins, or some other eyebrowless version. If you do use skins with eyebrows already painted on them, then "eyebrow" eyebrows will get drawn on top of "skin" eyebrows, which may be noticeable or not, depending on the skin and the eyebrow. This is true regardless of what eyebrows you use, Maxis or defautl replacement.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:10 AM
Oh thank you! The Maxis ones were bothering me so much before.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:55 PM
Tweezed doesn't work.. as usual... everyone default tweezed one i try never works!

I LOVE SIMS 2 :D
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CamiKitti
Tweezed doesn't work.. as usual... everyone default tweezed one i try never works!

They all work fine for me. If all default tweezed ones don't work for you, I suspect something is corrupted in your installation.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:24 AM
Thanks