Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Extendable Touch of Teak French Arch

by tbudgett Posted 24th May 2008 at 5:09 PM - Updated 11th Oct 2011 at 2:17 AM by tbudgett

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th May 2008 at 10:17 AM
So cool! Just what I was looking for! Can't wait for tomorrow to use them!

"So don't let me go it alone" - Josh Groban (Never Let Go)

"He felt the pain in the music
and stood up from the p iano,
but when he saw the moon
emergin from a cloud,
death also seemed sweeter to him." - Josh Groban (Caruso)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th May 2008 at 10:21 AM
What an excellent idea! It's so hard to accommodate odd size rooms.

You'll kill me for this but- you know what would be cool? A 'joiner' top for where two walls meet so an arch can go around a corner. *hides*
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th May 2008 at 1:11 PM
Thank you this is great! I often seem to need 3 tile wide arches and this will work perfectly! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th May 2008 at 2:26 PM
Oh my god!!!! I waited years for this! I just can't believe...... I praise you!! My hero!!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th May 2008 at 4:21 PM
Aha! So you ARE set to become the king/queen of arches Fantastic loving your work =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 25th May 2008 at 6:20 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 26th May 2008 at 12:29 AM.
This is SO useful, thank you very much for this and your first arch set too.

I've been wondering, is it possible to make an arch that looks like an arch but does NOT function as a room divider? So that two rooms that are visible separated by an arch appear as ONE room to sims? I ask because I like to put coffee makers in the kitchen and seating in the living room, and separate the two rooms with an arch. My silly sims think the rooms are separate, and they don't want to go to a different room to drink coffee, so they all STAND AROUND drinking coffee instead of sitting down. So I end up removing the arch and just taking out the walls, which does not look as nice as an arch. Not making a request, just wondering if you know if this is possible.

Maxis did something like this with carpet border "fences". You build them like a fence, but they don't act like a fence, they don't divide up the space as far as sims are concerned.

Maybe I should go post this in the build forum...
Did that, got some answers even!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#8 Old 25th May 2008 at 6:36 PM
Very nice and sorely needed. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:27 PM
Thanks so much for sharing this. Now I can finally have a centered arch in an odd tile room. Well done !!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th May 2008 at 1:12 AM
Yayy! Thank you SO much for using the repository technique!! It saves lots of space/loading time by not having so many recolors for every new mesh! great job <3
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th May 2008 at 8:17 AM
I love these, thanks for making them!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th May 2008 at 4:19 PM Last edited by tbudgett : 28th May 2008 at 12:33 AM.
I appreciate you all taking the time to say thanks
Hinoemasim - I'll look into it.
Loverat - king (with a small k) ha!
CatOfEvilGenius - As far as I know, it wouldn't be possible with arches since the game sees them as doors. I am working on something that will do the job!
tbudgett

5/27 Cat-I have the solution to your problem..it's in the UploadManager.. check it out...when (and if) they approve it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th May 2008 at 1:04 AM
This is a very cool idea. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:54 PM
Loverly. I love you now. <3
:3

X.x.~*~*.Mrs. My Chemical Romance.*~*~.x.X
X.x.So Long.And Good.X.x.Night.x.X Don't I look pretty walkin down the dress in the best damn dress I own? I reject your reality and substitute my own! Thats what we do on Mythbusters. We blow shit up. ~Mythbusters Princess~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:24 AM
Glad you love me
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 7:34 AM
These are fab! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 12:27 PM
Great idea Thanks
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 6:20 PM
I've been looking for something like this!~
Thank you!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 4:48 AM
It looks great. Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 11:35 PM
Thanks All, I appreciate your support . tbudgett

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Forum Resident
#21 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:24 AM Last edited by sarah*rose : 15th Sep 2008 at 4:12 AM.
These are just what I've always wanted -- thanks! :D

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 8:18 PM
Thank you! Some great things and so small in kilobytes that I just can't resist to stuff my catalog with more stuff ^__^
And what happened to Genius Cat's question/request/advice? Have they approved whatever you were talking about tbudgett? It sounds like a great idea to me. I'm just curious :-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 11:41 PM
Antira - My extendable Columns Here Seemed to do the trick. Thanks

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 6:31 PM
*slaps head* I should have checked out your creations page instead of asking silly questions :blush: I've just went through the doors, arches and windows section, and this one didn't show.
Thank you! And thanks for the reply ^__^
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:42 AM
Hey, thanks!! I've always wished Maxis had larger archways!
Page 1 of 2