Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tomb of Ghost 080712

by christianlov Posted 20th Jun 2008 at 5:31 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2008 at 1:56 PM by christianlov

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:02 PM
This is very cool!!! must have it...and I'll have a try...Thank U~

My Profile at TSR--My Sims2 blog
An eternal cycle, falling and rising, rebirth and death. The hopeful and the greedy give rise to the city we observe.
We share its misfortune. We balance when the scales tip. But we do not grieve for the fallen.
- Keeper Annals, History of the City
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:22 PM
I have been waiting for something just like this. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:49 PM
Great job!! Now I don't have to kill my sims intentionally!!
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:49 PM
very interesting - I must try it out! thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:09 PM
This is sooo cool!!! I've been waiting for a mod like this for....uhm... very long! Just about every sims wants to see a ghost, and now their wishes can be granted. Thanks!

Musjes4
The Netherlands

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
(I'm one of the 2%, I don't smoke at all)

The only thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return. (Gaby, my sister)
Zombie Socks
#7 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:09 PM
Yay! Now I can intentionally kill my sims! Death by fright! You're a miracle worker!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:40 PM
one question:

if a ghost is told to scare a sim, will the scared sim then resent or hate the sim that was selected at the time of when the ghost was told to scare the sim? Oy, that's confusing...
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 6:37 PM
ROTFLOL! This will be a neat tool to have for any Addams family-type households! Great idea; thank you.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 6:49 PM
Cool Idea!Great job and Thank's!
Instructor
#11 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 11:21 PM
thank you!!! this is awesome!!! i love your hacks ^-^ !!

hi!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 10:14 AM
Yaay! Will this work on a community lot, or for an owned business? If so, Haunted House Theme Park, here I come!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 3:12 PM Last edited by terriecason : 21st Jun 2008 at 4:28 PM.
Christianlov, this is awesome! I've been looking for a mod like this that I could use with my vampire families. A monster mansion isn't quite complete when there are no ghosts. I couldn't use ghosts from deceased Sims because they would scare the inhabitants in the mansion which didn’t work for me. It didn't think it fit the bill for a ghost to scare vampires. Thanks again and welcome back.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 9:30 AM
Looks good i'll give it a try. Just a few questions, in the game, ghost are linked to urns on a lot. Do this effect the link of certain ghost to their certain urnstones? lLike a platnum urn to a platnum sim. Also if you spawn a ghost from another lot, do it effect the ghost still appearing on it orginal lot or is it now stuck on the current lot like if you used the tombstone of life and death to spawn a sim to the family?
Instructor
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 10:33 AM
This is very interesting. Some questions: once the ghost program seems to be completely independent and don't depend on an workable Sim at all, is it possible to assign Sims that do not character data at all?
I mean, everytime Eaxis releases an EP, it destroys alleatorily some character data for dead Sims. So, you have a Sim that died in game and has a very long storyboard and suddenly the Sim is made to a No Character Data just because the new EP changes the way the game was saved before. Main example is PleasantView.
I use Dead Sims as deposit for facial structures (to make Simsurgeries) and this feature bothers me.
Anyway in last resource, is it possible to use your tombstone to assign Sims without character data and no "real" tombstone at all?

Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
This is very interesting. Some questions: once the ghost program seems to be completely independent and don't depend on an workable Sim at all, is it possible to assign Sims that do not character data at all?
I mean, everytime Eaxis releases an EP, it destroys alleatorily some character data for dead Sims. So, you have a Sim that died in game and has a very long storyboard and suddenly the Sim is made to a No Character Data just because the new EP changes the way the game was saved before. Main example is PleasantView.
I use Dead Sims as deposit for facial structures (to make Simsurgeries) and this feature bothers me.
Anyway in last resource, is it possible to use your tombstone to assign Sims without character data and no "real" tombstone at all?

Thanks.

"sims that do not character data at all"... does it mean "unlinked sims"? (if not, i have no information ) if so, unlinked sims can't be ghosts. ghosts are just like normal sim except that they are dead. on the contrary, unlinked sims only have a few thumbnails and object data.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gastalt
Looks good i'll give it a try. Just a few questions, in the game, ghost are linked to urns on a lot. Do this effect the link of certain ghost to their certain urnstones?

no

Quote: Originally posted by Gastalt
lLike a platnum urn to a platnum sim. Also if you spawn a ghost from another lot, do it effect the ghost still appearing on it orginal lot or is it now stuck on the current lot like if you used the tombstone of life and death to spawn a sim to the family?

ghosts can be on the original lot as well as the current lot. also it won't actually "move" ghosts to and from lots. they will remain attached to their their original tomb, but they can be assignee to this tomb at the same time.
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:44 AM
Unlinked Sims can appear as ghosts. There's a difference between Unlinked and No character Data. Most of the ghosts at the Goth House are unlinked and they appear every night. Unlinked means that all the invisible memories (that are the ones that Links the Sims to each other) were somehow deleted to reduce character size or simply because they were not matching. There are several circustances in game play where you unmatch memories, either by manipulating them self or moving Sims by using modded objects or simply accidentally making a non recognizable movement. Or you can even unlink Sims self. I don't know the reason the game allows you to do this.
You also unlink them by deleting tombstones.
No character data means that the whole file in the character folder was deleted.
There are some Sims data that cannot be deleted at all because it would provoke a massive crash and this is the result you see in no character data. They are remainings that are kept in LOT. This is the reason you cannot delete those remainings manually. It would cause that your Lots will be unplayable and would crash at the first attempt to load them. It is also the main reason you cannot move Sims from one hood to the other inside a house/lot. The lot keeps information that are self reconstructed and cannot be deleted. The main limitation of TS2.
So, it is possible to have an unlinked ghost and this was the reason for my question.
And the other reason was that I was playing a test lot and one of my Sim died there and I didn't see him die. Result is that when I was ready with the test, I deleted the lot and unfortunately I unlinked the Sim by deleting also his tombstone.
I had to ressurrect her and kill her again because all Sims she knew got a memory of her death. This is very time consumming and very far from logic. That is what I thought your mod could be used to. To have a ghost without the need to ressurrect it to recover the original tombstone.
Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:38 PM Last edited by christianlov : 22nd Jun 2008 at 5:25 PM.
well, xptl297, i think i cannot help you maybe you can open a thread at "sims 2 modding discussion" and people there might help you.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 7:44 PM
First of all, thanks, this is great! But I have one question: I'm using InSimenator, do you know if there are any conflicts to be expected? Cause I'd really like to use this hack, too!
hermione
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 12:38 AM
You know, if they're going to go raiding my little Sims' fridges, they darn well should at least scrub a counter afterwards.
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 7:49 AM
I had a problem when sing the file in game. I just have base game. when i used the option "assign a ghost" my game freezed. I had to remove the object manually (using cheat move objects on) and the game restarted. Did i use the object in a wrong way? thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monmari2
I had a problem when sing the file in game. I just have base game. when i used the option "assign a ghost" my game freezed. I had to remove the object manually (using cheat move objects on) and the game restarted. Did i use the object in a wrong way? thanks

no you didnt use the object in a wrong way. very proper. i need to reproduce it so please be bothered to inform me of following things. have you tried assigning a different ghost? and could you please give an error log?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monmari2

ah, i see, you have only base game, and my pre-ep2 check doesn't produce correct result. I only thought about ep1, not base game. This will cause problems in the base game. I am going to update this and other items by ................... saturday maybe??? by then, please don't use this.....
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 5:32 PM
This is so much fun!! I finally was ble to fulfill my sim's want to see a ghost. So cool!! Thanks!!!
Page 1 of 3