Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen/Adult Stay-In-Love Hack for Freetime

by Doc Doofus Posted 6th Jul 2008 at 9:39 AM

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:39 PM
Hmm, that's a great idea for a mod I hadn't noticed it until recently (my sims have been going to college as of late) but that did bother me a little bit. I'll download this and give it a try ^^ Thanks!
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:52 PM
Thanks, this was really needed! How silly is it that if Janey and Sam are high school sweethearts, and Janey goes to college, she no longer cares for Sam, or vice versa? Also, when I age two teen sims in love, I want them still in love!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:28 PM
TwoJeffs has had this hack for quite awhile called Teens keep loves. I'm sure I will get flamed for pointing this but its the truth. Not that its not cool that you did it yourself but its still something that has been done.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
TwoJeffs has had this hack for quite awhile called Teens keep loves. I'm sure I will get flamed for pointing this but its the truth. Not that its not cool that you did it yourself but its still something that has been done.

Is the TwoJeffs version updated for Freetime like Doc Doofus's hack is?

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:27 PM
Great job. Now my sims can get married quicker, lol.

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhldavies
Is the TwoJeffs version updated for Freetime like Doc Doofus's hack is?

Uh yeah TJ keeps all his hacks updated.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:08 PM
Sounds great but it seems MTS2 is not longer totally free as when trying to download I get "You are not allowed to get this file. If you are a MTS2 supporter, or a Featured Artist, or a MooMoo winner, then you must log out of the site and log back in again to access these pages. "
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 10:59 PM
MTS2 is still free, that is a server bug

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 11:03 PM
This is so great!!!! thanks
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:34 AM
Thank you very much. I have been wanting a mod like this for some time. And, I'm glad it is available here at MTS2 where I do 99.9% of my Sims shopping!

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashafaun

Good point. I didn't know about that. I just now downloaded his version to look at the code, and there seem to be some slight differences (mine is smaller), but his version looks basically similar and it is Freetime compatible. Unfortunately, it's hard to know when we are reinventing the wheel because nobody knows everything that is out there. I was worried before doing this (and three other hacks I have lined up) if they have been done before, because nobody seems to know everything that's out there.

One reason I went ahead with it, though, is that a lot of the teen-adult oriented hacks are designed to do more rather than less. Like, be compatible with Inteen, which is fine, but I want nothing to do with Inteen. I just wanted something simple, based on the latest patched Freetime version of the code.

Two other hacks I have lined up:

Teens go on Vacation (without adults). Nobody knew of a similar hack to do the same thing. I haven't submitted it anywhere yet. Nobody seems to know if it has been done before, although it seems impossible it hasn't.

Slower Freetime Aspiration Benefits, to slow down the rate at which Sims earn aspiration benefits so they don't go permaplat so damned early.

I was also thinking last night of making a Gypsy-buyable potion that would give you an instant amicable divorce.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:28 AM
This is really nice to have as I wasn't aware or didn't really pay attention to the other one that was available. Thanks for your hard work and uploading this on MTS2 because it is something I will definitely use. THANK YOU!!

Looking forward to the teens go on vacation one as well AND the quicky divorce! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 10:06 AM
i think this hack might be pretty useful...but i have one question...is it compatible with inteen???
Theorist
#15 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:04 PM
very cool thanks
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:33 PM
I love this one Doc and the ones you have planed as well.

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic (Now only available at IS)
Field Researcher
#17 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 10:18 AM
wow!!!!

thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Doc Doofus
I was also thinking last night of making a Gypsy-buyable potion that would give you an instant amicable divorce.

That is a brilliant idea! Do give it a try, because I would love to try it out in my game. And thanks for making this hack simple - sometimes I think we downloaders forget that bigger isn't always better; sometimes it just means a slower game!

Cheers!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 4:20 AM
hi letting you know this does not work with inteen.if you have inteen this mod will not work.it conflicks.i have all expanshion & stuff pks, inteen & a number of other mods.inteen is the only one i have found so far that it conflicks with.

hope this helps thanks donna.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 11:18 AM
thanks for this info! then i can't have this...

Quote: Originally posted by gosims
hi letting you know this does not work with inteen.if you have inteen this mod will not work.it conflicks.i have all expanshion & stuff pks, inteen & a number of other mods.inteen is the only one i have found so far that it conflicks with.

hope this helps thanks donna.
Scholar
#21 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:30 AM
If you all read all of the creator's comments you'll understand there was no intention of making this compatible with Inteen. This is just a great, straightforward mod for those of us who don't or can't deal with the extra complications that something like Inteen brings.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Scholar
#22 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 9:40 PM
Default Hey...
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun

Do you have a link to that one? I only have NL and SSN.
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 6:56 PM
Thanks so much for this one.
When will you update it for Apt. Life?
It's true that Twojeff from simbology.com have one similar
but yours gives the adults sims to have their first kiss even if they meet
the mysterous sim and I asolutely love that.
Again thank you for this.
Please update it soon.
Banned
#24 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 9:11 AM
hey whats up, does this work with apartmentlife!?
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 8:43 PM
This is GREAT, thanks! Before I got Freetime, however, I had (dang, I forgot his name!) that one Smith teenager grow into an adult, but his girlfriend (Ophelia? Was that the name?) stayed a teen, and they fell out of love. LOL
Anyways, thanks!!

ENTJ
Page 1 of 2