Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MESH + 17 Loose Cropped Pants for Kids! (bottoms only) and 3 Maxis shirt recolors too

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 24th Jul 2008 at 11:28 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 7:38 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 11:08 PM
Aww, they're adorable! And so well done! With you and fakepeeps on the job, our sim kids are gonna be the best dressed ones in the family. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 1:40 AM
Cute! I was actually trying to do something similar the other day, but got discouraged because the Maxis UV mapping (or the mesh... I'm not sure which) was a little messed up. Did you base these off the full body outfit with the cropped pants? If so, did you manage to fix the UV map?
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 5:03 AM
These are ffffantastic! :D

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 6:49 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 26th Jul 2008 at 6:55 AM.
Thanks for the nice comments.

fakepeeps I used part of the pants from a boys full body mesh, cmbodypullovershirtpants. That mesh had an untucked shirt, no butt, so I added the "butt area" from the children's shorts mesh, so the little sims had something to sit on! Matched up the vertices at the seam, moved a few things around a little bit, not much. I also replaced the lower legs with the lower legs from the shorts mesh so I could use the same shoe textures. Didn't see anything weird in the UV map. Just had to make sure the UV map pieces from the two different meshes met up correctly at the butt / upper leg seam, but that wasn't hard because they were already quite similar there.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:35 AM
These are super cute and definitely more like what I see real kids wearing. I'll have to recategorize them so my game's little sim girls can be geeky and the little sim boys can be cutesy, too.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 11:12 AM
Great stuff. I thinks its awesome that your supplying us with decent children clothing, because it was much needed. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 1:28 PM
Thanks! Real looking kids clothing...you have filled a gap.

What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Renatus Valentinus
These are super cute and definitely more like what I see real kids wearing. I'll have to recategorize them so my game's little sim girls can be geeky and the little sim boys can be cutesy, too.
I'm glad you like them. I agree both boys and girls could wear most of these. I only made some of these "boys only" so the boys would have more variety, since girls already have so much stuff. I do plan to make some computer game themed stuff for girls, since I'm a geek girl myself. As for cutesy, the cats and dog pants can be worn by boys. I might make stuff with toy helicopters and jungle animals later, I just need to get through all my other projects!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Thanks for the nice comments.

fakepeeps I used part of the pants from a boys full body mesh, cmbodypullovershirtpants. That mesh had an untucked shirt, no butt, so I added the "butt area" from the children's shorts mesh, so the little sims had something to sit on! Matched up the vertices at the seam, moved a few things around a little bit, not much. I also replaced the lower legs with the lower legs from the shorts mesh so I could use the same shoe textures. Didn't see anything weird in the UV map. Just had to make sure the UV map pieces from the two different meshes met up correctly at the butt / upper leg seam, but that wasn't hard because they were already quite similar there.

I didn't notice the weirdness either, until about the third time I'd used the mesh. It won't be an issue with these cute cropped pants you've made here because of the plain fabric. It's just a little problem on the lower inner leg... I think it's the left leg. I only noticed it because I was trying to apply a pattern of dots and one of the dots kept getting distorted. I don't quite know why. It almost seems like there's a vertex missing on the UV map (but if you look at the mesh, both legs appear to have the same number of vertices). It's no biggie, but I just wondered if you'd come across it.

You've inspired me to give my own cropped pants project another try. Don't worry, though... what I have in mind is quite a bit different from yours!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I only made some of these "boys only" so the boys would have more variety, since girls already have so much stuff.

Fair enough! It only took me a couple of minutes to recategorize them for myself (since I'm not fond of silly ruffled frippery, my girls don't have a lot of clothes), so no big deal. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:06 PM
These are great Cat! I can't imagine any of my Simmies feeling out of "fashion" when wearing your creations. Thanks for taking care of our Sims clothing needs!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 9:09 PM
BEAUTIFUL! THANKS!