Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multiple Pollination Technicians - with or without custom genetics

by Widget97s Posted 6th Sep 2008 at 1:09 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2012 at 12:09 AM by Widget97s

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 1:57 PM
That's a very nice set! I like how their noses and ears are all different (something you wouldn't notice with just a front picture). I think my favorite is "fish-looking" girl

I'm dowloading the no CC version for my game, thanks!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 2:44 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 6th Sep 2008 at 3:01 PM.
Thanks for the link to Kangagroop's tutorial. I'm going to have to try this myself. You've done a very nice job on these.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 7:36 PM
Amazing job!!! They're just awesome!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 3:19 AM
Fantastic job Widget!
(it's Darcy from SiMania)

I've just finished downloaded the CC-ones, so look forward to seeing how those genes spread in my future Legacies! :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 8:17 AM
I love how unique these are! Great job! And by the way, thank you for the cc-free ones, I download so much I have to cut down where I can Thanks!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 3:42 AM
Nice work ^_~

"Lead me not in to temptation I can find it my self"
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 7:44 AM
Where can I get your alien default replacement? (and is it barbie or non barbie?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Treehugger
Where can I get your alien default replacement? (and is it barbie or non barbie?)

My alien skin default is from Garden of Shadow by Pooklet - here. The female skins have nipples but other than that they're the same as Maxis skins in terms of details.

The eyes are by Skittlebox and can be found on her livejournal - here
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 7:40 AM
Is it safe to just take one of the PTs instead of all four?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 9:04 AM Last edited by Widget97s : 21st Sep 2008 at 7:02 PM.
Sorry no, if you want to use this mod you need to have all four, it won't work with only one.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 3:18 AM
there is a poblem! i download everything i suppose to have but it still does not work. The skintone is still default and some like human more than alien. Is there any fix to it?
(i using base game and i have window vista)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 12:24 AM
Which version did you download?

If you downloaded the version with custom genetics you have to get the linked files and put them in your download folder otherwise the custom skins and eyes will not show.

Does this happen no matter which PT is used as the parent or only some of them?

By more human than alien do you mean the facial features? You may be just getting unlucky (but the skin and eyes should still show), do the PTs show up on the family tree correctly?
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 6:07 AM
Wow.. I downloaded the CC version, and now my sims2 game won't even load up. As soon as I took it out of the folder, it worked fine.

Anyone else having problems like that? I'm going to try the No CC version, but I wanted the different skins..

I downloaded all the skins and eyes you posted, the orangy one.. number 3 I already had the set.. I think.
I also have all the expansions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 1:47 PM
KamikazeSkunk, would you mind trying to load your game with only the five file in this hack in your downloads folder.

If it works then the hack is conflicting with something else, if it still doesn't work then there's something wrong with the hack.
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 1:35 AM
out of curiosity, how do these behave with "creature" sims such as zombies/vampirse/werewolves when changed into one of those?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 10:03 AM
As far as I'm aware it should behave just like the original pollination technician
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Captain Chaotica : 25th Nov 2008 at 1:47 AM.
Hey! I just downloaded these to see if they'd work. It didn't crash my game at any point during loading. I went into Riverblossom Hills and made a new Sim to experiment o--er, play--a male Knowledge Sim with all normal Maxis genetics. (He has tan skin, red hair and green eyes--and a geeky outfit and glasses, of course.) I figured if I used custom stuff, there's a chance one custom skin might overrule the other and I could get alien kids and STILL not know if the new PT's were working.

Then I used boolprop to get him abducted, and now...

I'd like to introduce you to little Adric...AND Nyssa (!! my first pair of alien twins...), who both have the fourth PT's skin and eyes, (Nyssa has the pointy ears, Adric doesn't) and their father's red hair!

In other words, it worked.

...Notorious
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 8:57 AM
Glad to hear that it works for you

I really like the names you've used - classic Dr Who FTW
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 12:24 PM
hi! i'm slow. i love your pt's they are so cute, and just what i was looking for. diversity! still i have two questions.

1. if i didn't want one of the pt's to have the custom skin color, like #1 for example. and i just didn't put it in my game, that pt would end up having whatever my alien default is right?

2. basically the same question for the eyes. i'm a big fan of my default eyes, so if i didn't want them i just don't download them right?

i love what you did, just the eyes are a little too exotic for me, and i don't like the first skin. i think i actually have all 3 of the other ones already...

anyway, thanx in advance for your help, and thanks for making em!

anti-social :-D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leslienv03
1. if i didn't want one of the pt's to have the custom skin color, like #1 for example. and i just didn't put it in my game, that pt would end up having whatever my alien default is right?

2. basically the same question for the eyes. i'm a big fan of my default eyes, so if i didn't want them i just don't download them right?

i love what you did, just the eyes are a little too exotic for me, and i don't like the first skin. i think i actually have all 3 of the other ones already...

anyway, thanx in advance for your help, and thanks for making em!

PT#1 actually uses the default alien skin, the skin you can see in the picture is my default replacement.

If you don't get the eyes you'll just see the eyes that have been painted on the skin (default brown for the original skins) and if you don't get the skin I think you'll end up with skin tone 2.

I'm afraid that at the moment the only choice is to either have the custom eyes and skin or have default eyes and skin. With the sets I've made you can't have default eyes and custom skin.

I hope that helps
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Widget97s
PT#1 actually uses the default alien skin, the skin you can see in the picture is my default replacement.

If you don't get the eyes you'll just see the eyes that have been painted on the skin (default brown for the original skins) and if you don't get the skin I think you'll end up with skin tone 2.

I'm afraid that at the moment the only choice is to either have the custom eyes and skin or have default eyes and skin. With the sets I've made you can't have default eyes and custom skin.

I hope that helps

thanks widget. i'm gonna use the non-cc version then, cause they're just too cute to pass up! thanks for getting back to me, and thanks for making them. you did a great job once again.

anti-social :-D
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 7:40 PM Last edited by grammapat : 13th Jan 2009 at 8:23 PM. Reason: update
Default eye site?
Managed to find everyting (with difficulty) EXCEPT MY FAVORITE - the purple skin: the link go to another site, then another - which is a hosting site with no further directions. HELP?!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 11:53 PM
I'm new to this webste and I have some questions. I can't get the custom skins and eyes. The links take me to different websites and I can't find out where to get the skins and eyes. Then which is the version with the custom genetics? The no-CC version, or the other one?
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 11:24 PM
Widget's Multi PT set.rar is the file you want for the custom genetics.
When you used the link to the eyes, click on TSR sets (top right) and get the space oddity ones from club crimsyn.
For the purple skin tone use the link, then scoll to bottom of first post where it says 'you can download them here' click on that link and on the left side it says 'click here to start download' click on that.
For the ivory skintone use the link, then scroll to bottom of first post, click on the link next to skintones, and theres an orange button that says "download file' click on that.
and lastly for the Blue skin the skin you want is the first file: 1a23735e_!!Zoen's_Skin!!.rar

btw Thanks Widget great job on these
Page 1 of 4