Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Zombie Socks
#51 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 3:58 PM
Oh man? You have to clone ALL of them? *pats on back* I wish you the best of luck with that! Here's a cup of virtual coffee to cheer you up:

(Okay, in MY world that's coffee!)

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 10:33 PM
Thanks. i think i may be able to use the spa light from freetime. But i still haven't figured out how to make the stars pained on the wall light up. i gave up on those for the moment, and I'm just working on a regular wall lamp for the moment.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Zombie Socks
#53 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:23 AM
Hang on, I'm pretty sure there are some glow in the dark stars availabable for download here or on some other site. I'll look to see if I can find them again. I think they're alpa editable too. Do you think that would help?

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Zombie Socks
#54 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:27 AM
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45758

Here we go! I found them in the wiki under 'story making tools' of all places!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 8:41 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 26th Oct 2008 at 8:51 AM.
Those are wicked cool, but the problem lies in that they aren't lamps, and therefore have no on-off function.

Edit: Hang on, those gave me an idea. I'll clone the glowing bowling sign, because it isn't affected by shadows (and therefore has no need of a glow group), casts light, is walk-throughable, and isn't a lamp. Let me go try that...

Zombie Socks
#56 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 3:56 PM
Oh, they needed to have an on-off function. Whoops! My bad!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 27th Oct 2008 at 1:42 AM.
The only problem I can think of with the bowling sign is that it might not be alpha editable...

Edit: I looked up how to make the transparencies show up, so hopefully it'll work with those changes......*prays*

Edit(again): YES!! it worked! See the pic!! It need a little fine-tuning, but it worked!!! *does happy dance!* Anybody know how to make it appear on residential lots? it currently only appears on community...

Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 7:53 AM
Oh that looks very nice. As for making it appear for community. In Simpe, when you're putting it into a catergory, is there anything like that there?
Zombie Socks
#59 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 4:29 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=95838

This is a tutorial for making objects available on community lots, but it might work the other way around. And if it doesn't I think this tutorial would be the place to ask. Hope that helps!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 12:55 AM
i actually found that one, but it didn't work the other way round, so I cloned the fancy sconce, and made it alpha-editable.

Forum Resident
#61 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 1:58 AM
I hope the castle is going be done Ralph. I can't wait to see whats inside the castle

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 28th Oct 2008 at 4:24 AM.
far too many CC's, that's for sure.

Edit: Here's the upper floor, with just the straight walls covered with the stars. I need to make a corner and edge model because where walls intersect at right angles the texture gets stretched, and the lamp won't fit the texture. i also need to make a diagonal model. But what do you think of the lighting given off? I messed with the LGHT file to make the light fall off very quickly. Any suggestions as to how to make this floor more twilight-y? Maybe a different floor covering? Suggestions please!

Edit: (again) You know, I think i may just go back to the clone of the bowling sign, because i doesn't give off any light. I wonder how that'd affect the sim's moods...

Forum Resident
#63 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 3:39 PM
well you look at that. you guys. Rapsheba555 is geting finish his castle good work Ralph :lovestruc lets talk after you are done with your castle

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Inventor
#64 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 8:57 PM
Looks like it is coming along fine. And I believe that light doesn't matter if the room score is high enough, since that is what lights affect.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 11:32 PM
yeah, I'm just going to remake these lights into clones of the bowling sign, and up the enviro levels for them.

By the way Eliskuya, sorry i've been a bit absent lately. I barely have time for checking up on all the stuff I have going, so I haven't gotten around to talking to you. and it'll take more than a day for me to finish this.

Forum Resident
#66 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 12:20 AM
hmm, looking great so far, how about some pics of the rest of the castle?

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 4th Nov 2008 at 2:50 AM.
That's really all that's changed since the last pics of it. I've been busy, so not a whole lot of time for it.

Edit: I'm making a clock for the top of the stairs, but i can't decide how to do it. I'm basing it off the treeclock in the tower room in the n64 version of the castle, but I can't decide how the clock should look. I'm thinking of maybe making it still a tree, but updating the tree design to look more like this:

Think it'd look good, or would it be a stupid idea?

Edit: well, stupid idea or not, I did it. :D

Here it is:

Now i just have to read the tut on retaining animations...

Forum Resident
#68 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 4:19 AM
looks fantastic! maybe the pendulum should have a more golden look to make it stand out, and the actual clock is hidden a bit, either lower the clock, or raise the leaves on the tree.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Theorist
#69 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 6:48 AM
Wow this is great I can't wait 'til you finish... also i hope peach is going to be uploaded soon, I agree with ooga booga as well the pendulum should have more of a golden look to it.
Zombie Socks
#70 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 4:19 PM
A pm! I feel speeeecial! *happy* The more I see those stars, the more I love them. The clock is wonderful too. Do you think we could see the layout (birdview shots of each floor) I'm interested to see what you've done with the layout!

Also, a quick (hopefully easy) suggestion would be to recolor doors to have stars on them. You know, the Mario 64 doors where it had a star with a number on it that said how many stars you needed to get into a room? Some just had a normal star on them if I'm not mistaken. Just a suggestion!

Forum Resident
#71 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 11:37 PM
I agree with whitewaterwood bird-view shots of the layout and some star doors would be good.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 1:41 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 6th Nov 2008 at 4:48 AM.
Ok, I'll raise the leaves, and I'll try to get some bird's eye shots, but I've only done the top floor and the foyer on the main floor, and I haven't even carved out the basement yet, so it won't be too different. I like the star doors idea, I'll get on that as soon as my homework load lightens up.

WWW: glad i made you feel special. :D

edit: and thanks for replying, it saved me the trouble of having to make a new thread.

Edit (again): I finally got the hands and pendulum moving (thanks to amberdiceless), and I raised the leaves a bit. Here's a close-up of the face.

And a vid: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo...JWKaJVofw%3D%3D
When it says "video not found," just let the vid run, then play it again, and it'll show.

texture is, as always, entirely by me. :D

Forum Resident
#73 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 6:42 AM
gee ralph. you been busy all day and no talking to your bro online. well I'll work on my sims and think to post them. anywy PM me if you need a hand or too

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 8:52 PM
Yeah, I haven't really had time to talk to ANYONE lately. just things like this...updating, threads, that sort of thing. I'm usually working on homework until 8 or 9 in the evening, and school lets out at 3 pm here. So not much time for talking, though I'll try to find more time for it, though I'm not promising anything....I have to do homework first...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 5:16 AM
Just a new star deco i put together, much better than my first star. It was going to be the first tree clock, only a star clock, when I scrapped that design, i saved the mesh. I have it on top of a warp pipe, making them appear to come out of it. What do you think? It glows in the dark, but gives off no light.

Locked thread
Page 3 of 191