Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Shine Factor : Add shine effect to any wall + Basic Ship set

by Pixelhate Posted 19th Oct 2008 at 3:06 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 12:09 AM by pixelhate

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 3:12 PM
These are so great!Thanks very very very very much!

TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL!

23/02/09

I'm bluffin' with my muffin
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 3:23 PM
God, this is just brilliant! Thanks soooo much for sharing ^^
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 3:25 PM
What a wonderful idea!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Inventor
#5 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 3:52 PM
I feel so dumb right now, for years I'd been noodling how to make the walls themselves shiny, and never thought of an overlay! And yes, a howto would be wonderful. Does the overlay method work with floors do you think?

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 4:15 PM
Brilliant idea....so simple, yet so effective.
Zombie Socks
#7 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 5:21 PM
Marry me? Please?

This is so awesome! Overlays are the best things on earth, no? And shiny! Oh how I love the shiny!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 6:09 PM
genius! And just right for a photoshooting I was about to do!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 7:06 PM
Thank you every one !

Quote: Originally posted by Reyn
I feel so dumb right now, for years I'd been noodling how to make the walls themselves shiny, and never thought of an overlay! And yes, a howto would be wonderful. Does the overlay method work with floors do you think?

So did I !
I'll try to bring an how to, asap
As for floor, you'll need to try with Echo's rug...

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 8:16 PM
OMG YESSS!! I must have these!!!
Shiny walls FTW, you ROCK!!!
But do you think you could make another more reflective one to go with these reflective floor tiles?? Kind of like a mirror, but transparent so that you can still see the wall underneath?? This would look amazing in super-modern houses, ie over a plain black wall, combined with dark wood O_O

Anyway, thanks a billion!!! Gonna use them.. NOW ^^
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:25 PM Last edited by pixelhate : 20th Oct 2008 at 10:30 AM.
Yo-Yo, for walls coordinate with the reflective floor tile go to : http://freya.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241986

These here, had a shine to wall not a mirror reflection.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 11:58 PM
Thank you. An elegant solution. The posters are often the first thing in my downloads folder when I start a new lot because they are so versatile.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Theorist
#13 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 5:12 AM
This looks really cool and is something differnt.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 8:06 AM
OMG, I think I love you, Pixelhate!

This is one of the coolest things I have seen yet! I really like shiny things alot! I have a knack at fiddling around with the Env-cube myself, but it seems I could only do it with clothes or objects. Thaks for the cool DL.

Under what categories do you find these in buy mode?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Alchemist
#15 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 8:27 AM
These are great, Pixel, really great one of those creations that change the way of playing, building, decorating ... thank you soooo much (and applause to Jason too, I guess that you two together will be like a supernova .... )
Kiss and ciao.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkleSim
Under what categories do you find these in buy mode?

Buy mode> decoration> paintings

Instructor
#17 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 3:20 PM
This Is Gorgeous!

My DEVIANTART profile
Forum Resident
#18 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 11:57 PM
Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
Buy mode> decoration> paintings

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 10:29 AM
Great idea! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 8:03 PM
i love these! any chance you can create some low-shine floors like these?? :D
again, great job!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:29 AM
Fantastic, thanks so much! These are great for folks who want a little "shine" but are tired of the reflecting walls so many people use. I've never seen reflecting wallpaper or paint in my life, but I have seen wallpaper and paint with a metalic sheen to it, so this is much more realistic. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 7:44 PM
Thank you so much, it is a perfect addition to the game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 7:03 PM
Perfect for my next sims 2 futuristic movie!
Instructor
#24 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:54 PM
Great idea!