Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

~Requested~ Chinese 芙蓉蛋! (Egg Foo Yung)

by eris3000 Posted 28th Oct 2008 at 11:01 AM

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 3:45 PM
我们那边管这个叫“狮子头”……没听说过“芙蓉蛋”……
Anyway, good job! Thanks!

My Profile at TSR--My Sims2 blog
An eternal cycle, falling and rising, rebirth and death. The hopeful and the greedy give rise to the city we observe.
We share its misfortune. We balance when the scales tip. But we do not grieve for the fallen.
- Keeper Annals, History of the City
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 4:02 PM
^^肉丸子~~芙蓉蛋这名字也挺好玩的~~
Thank you so much~~I love it~~XD
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 4:07 PM
It looks delicious...and I AM HUNGRY...XDDDDDDDD
THX for great job and sharing~^ ^

BTW,在这里看到中文真是亲切啊~~~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 5:04 PM Last edited by simsample : 29th Oct 2008 at 12:17 AM.
I'm glad you all like this, but please make sure any time you write in a language other than English, you include an English translation underneath. Thankyou.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 28th Oct 2008 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Removed off topic bits.
Anyways, this is making me drool just by looking at it! Delicious. The only thing that bugs me is that they have chopsticks lying right by their plate, yet they're eating with a fork. :p
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 7:15 PM
I think you should be known as "The sims biggest and best chef" all the ideas and plates are great!! Thanks a lot eris, and since I've seen some nihon go written in here, I'm gonna say it in spanish lol...muchisimas gracias.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 9:39 PM Last edited by eris3000 : 28th Oct 2008 at 9:44 PM.
Three things! And this is in general, not to any one particular person, as I read all of the comments posted to my creations.

First, I am a girl!!!!!! It is indeed more polite read profiles or ask questions before making assumptions.

Second, allow me to explain a little bit regarding all the "why they eat it with a fork?" comments I keep getting. Okay, in making food, I cannot change the actually animated behavior of the simmie preparing and eating the food. I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just not trying to go that deep. Sorry. I can only change the shape of what's being prepared and eaten. Basically, though it says fried catfish, technically, they are still eating salmon. Anyhoo, so once I get an idea of what I want to make I clone a maxis food that resembles the preparation phase as close as possible, even if they are going to eat it improperly according to what I'm making. I think it's better for them to prepare it right and eat it wrong than vise-versa.

Other thing, I don't like to make a food and it's just that one little thing on the plate, example, the wings I made. If I clone a food that requires a simmie to pick it up and eat it, and I have say five things on the plate, they will ( and I have tested this) pick the whole thing up and bite it as if it's just one thing. So to give you all those nice full plates, there has to be one little flaw.

Third, I get my plate designs from searches of the actual foods I look up, and I mostly come across a lot of Asians restaurant sites. So the chopsticks are apart of the actual plate, which is why simmies don't use them. They're just a design effect taken from a picture. I just go by whatever I find since I've never even heard of these dishes. I don't try to, or mean to, offend anyone's culture, so I'll just keep the maxis plate if I'm not sure about what I'm making; or it would be even more helpful if one is requesting a food to provide a picture of the platter it's served on.

Anyhoo, I hope you all understand and continue to enjoy, if not, just pop me a pm.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 9:43 PM
Eris3000 you make the best food! I love all of your downloads. A million and one thank yous!
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 10:15 PM
Thank you so much for doing both of my requests!! This looks fantastic!!! Egg foo yung is my fav chinese food, so i had to ask for it. Thanx
Forum Resident
#11 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 12:31 AM
Your food is totally exquisite, Eris!
Looks simply delicious!

And I knew you where a girl all the time, lol...

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 5:01 AM
Look very Delicious ! (≧▽&#8806/
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 6:15 AM
i love food object!

thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 1:22 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Oct 2008 at 5:11 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
It looks soo...Real...
I fell like chinese now,

But anyways, thanks alot for shareing!

HEY,YOU. LOOK OVER HERE.
Take the Anna challenge- Create something out of the ordinary.
[Starting 9-15-08]
Forum Resident
#15 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 1:49 AM
Fantastic!

Thank you.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 2:59 AM
Eris, i have created a Global mod for those who want to have chopsticks in their game for foods,
i created it and posted the link here for your sanity and everyone else who created foreign foods lol

To everyone else:

Chopsticks have been asked for in foods for a long while but are unable to be created except in a global mod that affects all foods eaten based on the fork: The reason is EA or the SimPE creators? not sure who at this point? did not add those files in for the creators to alter in the food packages, the only files we can change in the food packages are as follows, the animations the mesh, textures & serve/eat plates/bowls & a few other changes to alter times ect.

the only possible way to add in Chopsticks is to create a global mod from the files in game which changes the fork to chopsticks as i so have done, this will affect all meals that use the fork. (except the in game "Cake" Fork)

Again Eris i don't mean to steal your post but this has been asked for many times and well here is the link:

Fork to Chopsticks

Ps: love the foods.
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 11:44 AM
it looks yummy!! one of my favourite dishes *^_^* thank you for making this

but i think this is called "四喜丸子" in chinese..
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 8:03 PM
hmmm...the fooyung I usually eat is different, or maybe it's just a different dish, I tend to get the names mixed up

will you be making dimsum too (Shrimp dumplings, tea and congee :D)?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 12:35 AM
Looks great and really needed more dishes to prepare for lunch....thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 5:03 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:54 PM
haha, terrific work! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th May 2009 at 3:20 PM
Oh I'm happy to find chinese food for the sims
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:26 PM
AWESOME! Thanks
Scholar
#24 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 9:40 PM
看起來很現實。 謝謝!

These look realistic. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 12:11 PM
that's a hella expensive but still cool. a big thank you for creating my fave dish. :D
Page 1 of 2