Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Seasons Careers Made Vampire Friendly

by FennShysa Posted 15th Dec 2008 at 3:28 PM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:33 PM
Thank you! I have hacks to let a vampire walk during the day, but they still fry going outside. This is really helpful, thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 7:22 PM
You're quite welcome.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 8:30 PM
Thank you so much! I just created a vampire who was all set to enjoy the Education career, but was thwarted. She will be so happy to be able to get out of the house and follow her dream...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 10:24 PM
Glad I could help!

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 1:03 AM
Yay! I have all of your vampire careers, and I thank you for this! (One of my vampires wants to be in the music career, so this really helps.)

~ttfn~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 2:49 AM Last edited by FennShysa : 16th Dec 2008 at 8:06 AM.
This won't count as far as wants or lifetime goals go, though. Even though it appears to be the music career from seasons and has most of the same text, it will be treated by the game as a separate career, unfortunately. It could be done as a replacement, but then the regular version of the career would not appear in the game.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FennShysa
This won't count as far as wants or lifetime goals go, though. Even though it appears to be the music career in seasons and has most of the same text, it will be treated by the game as a separate career, unfortunately. It could be done as a replacement, but then the regular version of the career would not appear in the game.

Oh well.

I'm sure you'll get over it.

Deontai, creator of Yellowbox || visit our tumblr page for more uploads!
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FennShysa
This won't count as far as wants or lifetime goals go, though. Even though it appears to be the music career from seasons and has most of the same text, it will be treated by the game as a separate career, unfortunately. It could be done as a replacement, but then the regular version of the career would not appear in the game.
I know. I should have said it differently. My sims seem to come to life, so when I said "she wants that career," I meant it's the career that fits her best.

~ttfn~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 12:47 PM
Cool. I'm glad you already knew. I was afraid you'd be disappointed.

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#11 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 12:54 PM
Interesting facts regarding "vampire friendliness". An *ACTUAL* vampire-friendly career time would specifically start or end at dawn or dusk. Having the hours run specifically during the night simply cuts into your limited time, and negates most the benefits, as the jobs have fixed motive decays. Be able to either return shortly after dusk, or leave shortly before dawn, is the optimal situation. You want to leave for work during 0600-0700 or return at 1900. That is the ideal case. The use of the "sunlock" technique can defer departure to 0700-0800, as the sun will not inflict damage if you exit using a sunlock.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 3:47 PM
Interesting idea. I see what you're getting at. Take advantage of the rules of the game since the vampire would not be affected by the sunlight while at work. It would be kind of an exploit, though. Some people might want to have the notion that their vampire character is actually active only at night and cannot be at work during the daylight hours even if the game will allow it.

Of course, vampires, having infinite life, should have no problem reaching the top of any career where they would only have to work about three days a week (maybe four depending on the career). That should give them plenty of free time.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 7:06 AM
Thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 1:50 PM
You're welcome.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 11:31 PM
I'm guessing you restored one of my files. Thanks. It's been a couple of days since I've logged on so you got to it before I noticed.

Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 3:19 AM
Thank youu!! Nobody comes to my shop cause 1) My sims a Vamp and its late out when its open. 2) well thats it!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 2:53 PM
You're welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:10 PM
I have to add in saying thank you, but I mostly do careers to get a LTW, so this isn't *that* usefulf or that, but it's still pretty awesome.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 8:48 AM
And here's a very much delayed thank you for that compliment.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 12:57 AM
Thanks You
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 12:34 PM
seems interesting
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 1:12 AM
Thank you.