Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Questionable Clothes Turned Cozy Coats!- Defaults for Useless Meshes and More

by Phaenoh Posted 18th Dec 2008 at 9:07 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2013 at 7:04 PM by Phaenoh

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 9:46 PM
anyway you can make these in non-defaults? Love them but sometimes I like to use the crazy clothes
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 10:08 PM
*-* these are sooo great!!! thank you sooo much!!! I'll finally have some use for these clothes!!!

hi!
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 10:19 PM
These are awesome! Thank you!

~ttfn~
Inventor
#5 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 11:42 PM
Awesome, I like what you've done to these. The Racer outfits look so cool now, my aliens are gunna be wearing those!!

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 1:35 AM
the teen racing outfit conversion is fricking amazing and i love it! my favorite out of this whole set. thank you madam :P
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 5:14 AM
Great job with those ugly teen jumpsuits. Now they look like something a person would actually wear :3
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 8:11 AM
These are great, no more ugly Maxis clothes!
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 8:54 AM
Thanks for these, because I'm always wondering what the hell EA was thinking.
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 10:45 AM
COOL i like these two thing though on the AL dress can you make the socks even(EA is crazy cause who wears socks like that!?)and also are you gonna make more??

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 10:51 AM
I see what you're going for with the rave outfits, but just putting clothes on under what is essentially a dance uniform doesn't work from a fashion standpoint and instead ends up looking silly. The original texture for the top does not make a convincing bodice or bolero jacket without serious retexturing.

For your idea to work and really look good, you need to take into account the original function of the outfit (a dance/rave outfit, in this case), and find real everyday items that look like both the items in the mesh and what you're going for--I'd suggest a bolero/cropped jacket and fashion shorts, with a long warm shirt and tights under, preferably patterned to break up the monotony of solid colours. They'd also need to be textured to imitate sensible cold weather wear fabrics.

Without a retexture of this outfit to both work with the shape of the mesh and look convincingly like fabrics other than spandex, the outfits look thrown together and poorly planned. Simply removing the designs on the original outfit and throwing clothes on underneath doesn't cut it.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 12:44 PM
These are cool.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 2:23 PM
You keep putting an end to the uselessness! I especially love what you did with the stupid teen jumpsuit which I've never once used in my game.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Instructor
#14 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 4:32 PM
While for my sims, none of these qualify as winter clothes, thank you for adding stockings to the warm dresses and especially thank you for making that teen jumpsuit actually usable. The raver and racer outfits are unsalvageable (and I would prefer a hider for those), but the rest will be perfect for spring and autumn.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Renatus Valentinus
....Simply removing the designs on the original outfit and throwing clothes on underneath doesn't cut it.
It does for me! You can make your own on that mesh if you'd like. Or, just don't download mine. I had NEVER used that outfit before, and now I wouldn't mind seeing townies walk around in this, there are still some very strange townies out there...

Everybody, thanks for your comments! I enjoy reading your opinions.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 5:43 AM
I LOVE what you did with the teen jumpsuit outfits! I always kind of liked the outfit idea but never saw it as practical wear, but you've made it much more sensible! I only wish you would have moved the flame decal up onto the "jacket" half of the black one. Other than that, they are fantastic!
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Renatus Valentinus
I see what you're going for with the rave outfits, but just putting clothes on under what is essentially a dance uniform doesn't work from a fashion standpoint and instead ends up looking silly. The original texture for the top does not make a convincing bodice or bolero jacket without serious retexturing.

For your idea to work and really look good, you need to take into account the original function of the outfit (a dance/rave outfit, in this case), and find real everyday items that look like both the items in the mesh and what you're going for--I'd suggest a bolero/cropped jacket and fashion shorts, with a long warm shirt and tights under, preferably patterned to break up the monotony of solid colours. They'd also need to be textured to imitate sensible cold weather wear fabrics.

Without a retexture of this outfit to both work with the shape of the mesh and look convincingly like fabrics other than spandex, the outfits look thrown together and poorly planned. Simply removing the designs on the original outfit and throwing clothes on underneath doesn't cut it.

why don't you do it? you seem to know what you're talking about to an extensive amount...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 6:14 PM
Guys, chill. I know the rave outfits look kinda strange and I don't care. If you don't like it, don't download it. That's EXACTLY why I separated them all. If you can't or don't want to stretch your imagination with these outfits, then don't get them. For some of us it isn't that far a stretch so we are ok with it. To each their own!
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Guys, chill. I know the rave outfits look kinda strange and I don't care. If you don't like it, don't download it. That's EXACTLY why I separated them all. If you can't or don't want to stretch your imagination with these outfits, then don't get them. For some of us it isn't that far a stretch so we are ok with it. To each their own!

Phaenoh, I don't think Renatus was or is trying to insult you
( Although he/she could have put in more diplomatic terms, considering we don't have the added benefit of facial expressions and/or tones of voice over the internet )

If you look at what Renatus is said and not how he or she said it, It's constitutive criticism; Simply hints, tips, and suggestions about things that you may not have thought that will ultimately make you better in your craft
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 7:34 AM
I didn't take it as an insult, I just didn't like how my thread was (and still is) being derailed. Please, no more opinions regarding other peoples' opinions.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 7:07 PM
Thank you very much. I love them.
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the hard work you do in making Maxis clothes playable Phaenoh. I couldn't imagine playing my game without your default replacements. I use just about all of them. Its very much appreciated.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 3:31 AM
Woah! These are totally freaking awsome. You made that stupidass space-age suit.... WEARABLE! O_o

now i have a question. I only have eps up to seasons, and no sps. If i download that cute brown beaded pancho, would it show up in my game?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 7:19 AM
Nope, you need Apartment Life for that outfit, sorry. Glad you liked them though.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 8:52 PM
awww damnit! But alright, still, it's super wonderful. <3 i dont think i could ever play again without your clothing edits!
Page 1 of 3