Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#26 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 4:03 PM
Stoffelsim - You can DL Numenors anygame starter, pick the EP's you wanna use ahve it set for a windowed game. It makes it so you can simply click on your desktop BG and you can work from there, when you wanna go back jsut click in the window.

My mesh set is 90% complete, 5 out of 8 meshes are working to full extent (working, recolorable, etc.) But 1 still needs recolors, and 2 will not recolor (for reasons un known)

I hope to be done by some time this week!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 5:16 AM Last edited by tree4me : 14th Feb 2009 at 6:31 AM.
Well, the Victorian Bushfires have made me think, so I have made a set of 5 mini houses. I am still waiting for a PM. Gah! I am so impatient! *checks inbox for the 72nd time*

EDIT: Beguh! (Rough translation from gibberish: By the way, make that, the 87th time.)

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 6:28 PM
Ok, i have built some houses... now i'm projecting a beautiful, very very expansive, restaurant.

"Cohen's an artist, says some. He's a Section Eight, says I. I've seen all kinds of cutthroats, freaks, and hard cases in my life, but Cohen, he's a real lunatic, a dyed-in-the-wool psychopath..."
―Atlas
Forum Resident
#29 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 10:42 PM
I'm working on a lot of Base Game Mini-Starter homes at the moment. I've got 4 of them uploaded, Starting work on the 5th soon. Also trying some meshing jobs, I'll post pictures later.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 1:58 AM
I've seen your houses, Dj. They're great! :D

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
Forum Resident
#31 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 1:34 PM
Aww thanks tree4me! I've just looked at yours, You're doing the same idea for lots as me! Yours are great too!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 4:49 AM
Thanks! That really made my day.

To the "What Made Your Day Today" thread on S2C! *de ne ne ne ne ne ne ne*

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 9:09 PM
I'm currently working on vehicle recolors, like this one which will be on MTS2 soon:

cytö Sims Division
Questions or Comments?
Websitecytö
"Life is Short, Live Life Better"
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 11:49 PM
Uhm... Welcome on a country-side ^^ My current project. I'm gonna to correct it, don't worry. I know it needs some adjustments xd.

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 3:37 AM
oh wow, I like that, Jasiuuu! The only thing that doesn't appeal much is how the house blends so well with itself. it is hard to see the difference between the house itself and the furniture stuff in front of it.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 10:39 AM
Love your cottage, Jasiuuu!

One of my current projects is kinda big. I suddenly got the inspiration to try to create something similar to the bridge dwelling that William Gibson (guess many of you know him, wonderful author I can't recommend enough) describes in Virtual Light and All Tomorrow's Parties. Basically, the stories take place in some near future. The San Fransico bridge has collapsed and people have build new dwellings on the now unused bridge.

As you can see it's still very much work in progress. I'm not trying to copy things from the books, it's more the idea of creating something new out of the descarded. Right now I'm just toying around. I try to create it so that it's playable and hope to make it into 5-6 flats, maybe even a few shops, eventually. But that's a long way off.

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#37 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 11:45 AM
Here is my latest project - a community lot - it is a train station (I know sims don't have trains, but if they did it would look like this I hope). It will have a lot of CC - advertising posters, small old fashioned vending machine, a coffee bar/restaurant, newspaper stand, etc.

I hope to get cc with a generous download policy so I can include a CC pack with meshes. I will do two versions - with and without cc, a lot of the cc I will make myself, or use CC that is a must have anyway - like pixelhate's walls. EPS required are UNI, NL and AL

Little Simton
Screenshots

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#38 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 11:48 AM
Jasiuuu - beautiful landscaping, very goodlooking so far

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 5:45 PM
Wow, Leesester! Neat lot! Does it require and SPs?

I really like your lot/neighborhood as well, Smmi73. I've never read those books, but those buildings in the very least look quite authentic. They have those rustic sort of looks found in refineries, etc.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 6:00 PM
leesester, nice. That's really realistic and good-planed.

smmi73, I like unnatural. I'm waiting for full version of your lot

Today, I'll show u furnished version and for several days I'm gonna to upload it.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#41 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 6:25 PM
Jasiuu, thank you

Naeniver - no SP's , but the CC count will be high for the best looks

Forum Resident
#42 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 7:53 PM
Lee, You already know I love that Station!
Jasiuu, That lot is stunning! It's so surreal! I'll be looking forward to that!
smmi73, Wow! It's a great start! The second I looked at it I thought of a Futuristic style! :D

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 8:03 PM
Thanks guys. It'll take a while for me to finish. Any of you know the books?

Leester, what a beautiful station! The illusion of a track's really convincing. Will you be combining it with Crickuette's hood pieces?

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:19 PM
Uhm... I've just furnished my house and then the game quit to the Windows. No message, no anything. I just saw my beautiful desktop :<. And ofc I didn't save it... It's seems to me that the house won't be in a few days. I'm angry with that hopeless game :/

But I upload my house, that was built two months ago. Enjoy ^^.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 9:25 PM
Aww Jasiuu, That sucks! That happened to me about 6 months ago, Every since then I save after every room or so It's a bit paranoid but it just protects my work.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 3:19 PM
Poor you Jasiuu. It's just the worst feeling to have done al that work for nothing ...

Field Researcher
#47 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 9:37 PM Last edited by melethana : 5th Mar 2009 at 11:32 PM.
I hate roofing!
I am trying to re-create my real life house. The first floor layout is perfect. The second floor is okay, but could be fiddled with a little. I just cannot get the roof right! Is there a way to have a roof bend in the middle? I had to adjust the roofslopeangle to 55 to get the roof to over the second floor, but now it looks tall and ugly. I wish I could make it bend at a shallow angle, like 30 above the porch. Also, in the room above the garage, when I have the whole exterior be blue shingles, one wall inside turns to blue shingles too. Help?!?!?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#48 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:43 PM Last edited by smmi73 : 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Melethana, have you tried to make a separate very low angled roof over the porch?Alternatively, you could try the pagoda style roofs if you've got BV. They end up having a similar effect sometimes.

In the room above the garage you need to replace the wall that's now a part of the roof with a regular wall as explained in this tute:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=223637 That way you also ensure that the room is weatherproof if you've got seasons.

Have fun

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 7:48 PM
I don't know how to say it in English, so may be mistakes ^^

Try to make roof one section thiner. Then enter individualroofslopeangle 30 code, and make roof on a place, where is hole. Click on a roof holding "alt" and using roof tool.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 7:48 PM
smmi73 - thanks for that tuturial on how to fix my wallpaper issue. I am going to try that the next time I get a chance!

jasiuuu - I would like to use that cheat, but it's listed as only working with Pets. Sadly, I do not have Pets.
Your English looks just fine to me!

Page 2 of 15