Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Don't Mess with My Newspaper (or Trash)

by Neder Posted 4th Feb 2009 at 9:50 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 1:19 AM by Neder : Edited to comply with req. changes

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:01 PM
Oh thank goodness. I 've been looking for a grumpy old man mod to get those kids off my lawn!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:10 PM
This is awesome! I've gotten so sick of random sims running off with my paper!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:20 PM
Quote:
I kept them separate since some people aren't bothered by the "reading" thing. Call me a curmudgeon, but it has really started to annoy me. With AL installed (and its front door delivery), I just really needed to put a stop to these creepy townies milling about on my stuff.

Well, you can call me one too then, 'cause random guys reading the paper just 'cause no one's brought it in has been really bugging me, too. I'll be grabbing that one, thanks :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:20 PM
Thaaaaank you!! I am so sick of Sims coming by and messing with my trash!! >:O

Abandon ye boolprop and be saved, fellow simmers! Yay, my child, and verily go forth unto the land of non cheating. For I am the salvation, the glory of the anti-boolprop movement.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:37 PM
LOL! "wave stupidly at someone who obviously wants nothing to do with you."
Now I can stop fecning off my trash cans!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:59 PM
Thank you! Thank you! I don't care much about the newspaper (Don't most Sims have computers? ), but the trash can thing was driving me crazy! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:59 PM
Thanks for sharing, this will be great.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 11:54 PM
thanks, i'm totally annoyed by BOTH things!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:07 AM
thank you so much! i used to delete by cheat the furious townies about to kick over my trash cans and cause smelly rubbish and eventual cockroaches. that'll teach'em!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:08 AM
I've never had sims mess with my trash can, but the newpaper thing bugs the hell out of me. Now if only someone could come up with a hack to nix the uninvited/ungreeted visitors altogether... (I get so tired of randomly hearing the TV on, going to the room and seeing some random townie (or even a Playable) has invited himself or herself in and is watching the TV! (Or playing pool, or playing chess, or whatever) I don't care how outgoing you are, there are some things you just don't do!)

But thanks for this, this is awesome. Also, poor Goopy, always in your pics associated with these kinds of hacks. :D

I have gone out to find myself. If you see me before I get back, please let me know where I'll be.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sirbartonslady
Also, poor Goopy, always in your pics associated with these kinds of hacks. :D

Yeah, Goopy is my poster boy for unwanted guests. I figure old Mr. Plaid-pants-and-cowboy-shirt is the most easily recognized townie.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:13 AM
Hallelujah! A million times thank you!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:23 AM
thank god! I hate it when they seal my newspaper and I always hate it T-T good work neder sama

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:36 AM
The trash can thing drives me crazy! Having to call the exterminator all the time...! I love the idea that someone here had of fencing off the can - never thought of that one! Can you come up with something to stop delivery of the paper in the first place (other than accumulating 3 papers - the maid picks them up!)? Cheers!
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:48 AM
Thank you, Neder!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:06 AM
i actually don't mind my trash being knocked over. i mean, i used to mind before seasons. but since i almost always have a sim who loves to garden, extra trash means extra composting material. lol

what i can't stand is some random sim reading my newspaper! so thank you! this is the mod i've been praying for!
Scholar
#18 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:20 AM
I have become sick of picking up trash! Thank you!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:20 AM
THANK YOU lol i have had sims die from vermin because my neighbors knock down the trash cans
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:23 AM
We need a "not worthy" smiley here...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
My apartment simmies don't always have a balcony or an empty spot in front of the window for a telescope or even enough room for a checker/chess set so the paper has become vital for building logic...Which makes one of the most irritating things in AL (in my opinion) are the neighbors that steal the newspaper to read it and then I can never find it again. Although, I get a kick out of the ones that steal the old paper instead of the new one. LOL.
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:35 AM
I was soo tired of "mean" sims knocking over my trash can for no reason, and having to always fence in my trashcans, ugh. Thank you, thank you, thank you .
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 6:51 AM
Cool thanks! I had a dumbo townie make my Sim late to work the other day, the dork stood behind the garage reading the newspaper and my Sim couldn't leave! I was all for him running the townie down, but I guess vehicular homicide isn't allowed...
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 7:59 AM
My game dosen't even have a newspaper delivered to my doorstep since I have downloaded a mod specially for that purpose.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 9:40 AM Last edited by Mouse : 5th Feb 2009 at 9:42 AM. Reason: O.C.D.
Salutations, fellow curmudgeon! I thank you for creating these much needed mods.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:07 PM
Since 1happiness just came to gloat about the unnecessity of this mod and not share , those of you who want to unsubscribe to newspapers should check here or here.
Thank you all for the great response to this mod.
Page 1 of 4