Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Victorian Boardwalk- shopping and recreation beachfront with no CC

by ruthless_kk Posted 24th Feb 2009 at 3:09 AM - Updated 5th Mar 2009 at 5:30 PM by fanseelamb : flagged as a beach lot :)

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 3:40 AM
I do so like well thought out community lots with plenty of stuff for sims to do autonomously. How's the traffic flow in this lot?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 3:50 AM
The exterior walkways are nice and wide, so no traffic jams at all. I initally had a bit of an issue with the resaurant, but moving the door over a bit resolved it. For being so small, the shops still had plenty of walkway room, so it all works.

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626), "Of Beauty"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 4:57 AM
I absolutely love all of your lots thus far!!! I have downloaded them all and look forward to downloading more!! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 8:31 AM
This is adorable! Beautiful lot, very atmospheric and fun!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 11:05 AM
Wow - amazing!! This reminds me of a place near the beach where I was on holiday.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 3:16 PM
This really blew me away. You've done an incredible job and I look forward to playing this lot. Did I mention that I love the fact that there's no CC either? THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:00 PM
I absolutely love this - fantastic job! I would like to put it on another island /hood but it won't place there - so sad. I looked in the help section but saw no fix for this. I think I will have to switch hoods because I like this too much! Thanks so very much!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 1:14 AM
Your content STILL amazes me so much! It seems like each one ggets better and better on each upload :D

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 11:58 PM
Pretty!

Thank you.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 6:45 PM
Perfect! Thanks!
Scholar
#12 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 11:51 PM
Perfect. The details are amazing. :lovestruc
I know that you put in lot of work into this (easy to see!)
Thank you so much for sharing.

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:07 AM
this is awesome!!! unfortuanatly i cant get it coz i dont have all thoughs expansion packs :'( wat a shame
Inventor
#14 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:24 AM
Looks amazing. I guess I can use it even without all the EPs with the Clean Installer anyway... I really hope it.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 1:35 AM
That is wonderful. Will download as soon as I get my laptop fixed and I can play the Sims again.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 11:20 AM
Just installed in my game. Lovely place, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 5:59 PM
This is beautiful! I always admire when people make such gorgeous and complete lots with just Maxis content.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble placing it in any of my neighborhoods. I can't get it to place on any of my beaches. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it/get around it?

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 7:41 PM Last edited by ruthless_kk : 7th Mar 2009 at 8:18 PM. Reason: adding more info :)
It was designed for Belladonna cove..the beachfront lots. It also works on the Belladonna template for custom 'hoods as well. Have you tried it there?

Just to be sure I had one of my daughters go in and download the lot and open it up in her game on a completely different computer. She did not have a problem placing it in Belladonna cove...it went on one of the ocean front lots just fine.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ruthless_kk
It was designed for Belladonna cove..the beachfront lots. It also works on the Belladonna template for custom 'hoods as well. Have you tried it there?

Just to be sure I had one of my daughters go in and download the lot and open it up in her game on a completely different computer. She did not have a problem placing it in Belladonna cove...it went on one of the ocean front lots just fine.

I was about to post the same problem. But it seems to be for any beach lots I download, not just yours, I can't place them anywhere. It's really annoying .
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 8:34 PM
I like it alot! Very realistic and life like. Good luck with your other creations, i'll be waiting.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 1:12 AM
Ah, I see. Didn't know that's how beach lots work. Beautiful though, too bad I don't use Belladonna Cove Wish I did.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 2:37 AM
I placed this lot in the neighborhood "City of Carnen", made by zaxis. It placed on a beach front lot fine, however, I wanted to enter it without playing it with my Sims first, and it wouldn't load. It ran for 30 minutes and I could not enter the lot. I am going to try it in Belladonna Cove and see if it works there. If not does anyone know if there is some mod that could interfere with loading? Love this lot, hope I can play it ;o)

Please do not upload, or post any of my creations to the Sims2 Exchange or any pay site. As a note; I like to personalize all my creations by altering the alpha files a bit, which if anyone has tried before it can be a pain. ;o) Happy Simming :o)

More Jules5 creations
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 2:48 AM
I made it in Belladonna but it works on the Belladonna template just as well, have tested with other people, so you should be able to run from there. I am sorry it is not working on the custom hood I dont know enough about how it all works, in all honesty, to change that.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 10:18 PM
You are so sweet for answering me back so quickly. I am testing Belladonna now. I think I downloaded something that isn't allowing me to put any lots in Belladonna now. I will let you know what I discover. Thank you again. ;o)

Please do not upload, or post any of my creations to the Sims2 Exchange or any pay site. As a note; I like to personalize all my creations by altering the alpha files a bit, which if anyone has tried before it can be a pain. ;o) Happy Simming :o)

More Jules5 creations
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 12:38 AM
I wanted to say thanks - again - and I love your work. My computer ate something that made my game puke so I am starting over again. I had just completed my Belladonna Cove with lots of your stuff and some others. I'm using the template this time and sticking to Belladonna Cove because your stuff is worth it! My sims love your houses and this is my favorite lot. Thanks!
Page 1 of 3