Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 4:06 AM
Default Non-Mario related discussion (Or luigi...or peach...only toad, he is awesome)
Anway, as the title implies, discuss anything here OTHER than mario kart, since rap has a very good ability to convert it one way or another :p

This means games like Donkey Kong, Kirby, Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc, whatever as long as it is a nintento 1st or second party and isn't a Mario sports game or a Mario 3rd, 2nd, 1st person game

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Advertisement
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 4:58 PM
Pokemon! Weeeeee!

Some people have pokemon as part of their childhood, Pokemon WAS my childhood. I was such a dork back then! *eh, still am* I stopped watching at around about joto league. (I watched until about Tracy left) The idea that they tried to replace Misty drove me nuts. I will forever be an AshxMisty fan!

And AshxMisty is cannon too! I loved it when the first Pokemon CD came out and they had Misty's Song on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_6f6DWp7Nk
*fangirls*

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 12:09 PM
thanks Q...:P

I remember back when we got the n64 we were oohing and ahhing at the graphics...not so much anymore. We had loz:oot and diddy kong racing. I remember when I was watching my brother (who is 10 years older than me ) play loz he came across a golden spider i screamed to kill it, because I was scared of spiders. Still am, as a matter of fact, I just manage it better now. :

I collected pokemon cards for a little while but it never caught on for me. :\ I did it more as a hobby. I did get one of tose really oh my god rre ones though. Holographic ancient mew card in japanse. I remember taking it to some place that bought them and asking how much it would sell for at the right price. over $1000 dollars! :D

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 11:53 PM
I loved Pokemon for years, had tons of cards (I even had two holographic Charizard cards back when that meant something!) yet I only tried playing the card game once. I just liked watching the shows and pretending to tell Pikachu to electrocute people!

I still have the Charizard cards in a case. They're probably not worth anything anymore but they will always have a special place in my heart! *sob*

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 12:59 AM
I ALWAYS wanted to go out in public in an Ash costume and take something like a round rock, slam it to the ground, and shout "Pikachu, i choose you!"

Instructor
#6 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 8:37 PM
LMAO @ Rapsheba Sounds like something I'd do!
Like once I hid in the clothing rack at a store and whispered "buy me!!" to people shopping. lol

~Hi, I don't do Sims much anymore, sorry! I will respond to messages when able :)~
Zombie Socks
#7 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 9:28 PM
I would've loved to see that!

I always wondered what would happen if you opened a Pokeball. Would there be a tiny spa, big screen TV, and massage center inside? Just what do they do in there all day? Thoughts?

(I think they might play tetris)

Instructor
#8 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 11:46 PM
I was much more into Pokémon when I was a kid... I had Pokémon Blue, some cards, figurines and tapes of the show, lol. I recently got Diamond, it's nice but it doesn't have the magic anymore... Or maybe I just grew up and I'm too old for that now. XD

Speaking of new games I'd really need to try Fire Emblem, though I'm not too much into strategy type RPGs... I prefer turn based, action (like Tales or Star Ocean) or western types. Pikmin is also a game I never gave a chance but I'll probably do when it re-releases on Wii with Wiimote controls.

I also quite like Kirby but I haven't played it since the N64 one... I really hope I can get the DS ones sometime soon... Not sure when. So many games to play!

Donkey Kong... Gee I miss those games. SNES ones were amazing! Some of the best sountrack in gaming history too. I really wish they could bring the franchise back but since Rare has it and Rare does stuff for the 360 now... Can't really hope to have any new games. It's sad.

Zelda is my favourite Nintendo game ever... It's epic and I've liked it since I was 5! I got into that game because I remember my father always played A Link to the Past on the SNES... I remembered wanting to play it but I was scared of dungeons! After some time I got over that fear and played the game... But it got too hard for me.

Years later, I got a N64 and Zelda OoT. OMG the graphics at that time were just mind blowing. AND NAVI HAD A VOICE! Lol. The final battle was also so epic... Anyway, that game jusy marked my childhood and it made me really passionate about the series (to the point of even participating into timeline dabates *is such a geek*).

Finally, I'll say, Miyamoto is my favourite game creator and I had enough geeky talk for today! *Tapes mouth*
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 11:51 PM
timeline debates? you ain't seen nothin' yet. i've had debates with people over whether things like the mario party games were canon.

I tried the DK game for n64, but i could never beat the first level. I didn't know what it wanted me to do. XD

Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by steamed-pepsi
LMAO @ Rapsheba Sounds like something I'd do!
Like once I hid in the clothing rack at a store and whispered "buy me!!" to people shopping. lol

omg. Now. I must do that. Yes. :D

Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 3:08 AM
How about the Smash Bros. Games? Hod do you think they all got there? And where are they? And why can't we play as a bulborb? (OMG that would be creepy)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 11:26 PM
i'm lost...what do you mean how did they get there? *has blonde moment*

Zombie Socks
#13 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 12:45 AM
*BLONDE ATTACKS*
I think he means how on earth did they get to be in one place all at once. *rubs chin* You know, RiBlan, I never really thought about that before. Maybe they were all kidnapped and they were told that they must all fight to the death because only the winner would be allowed to escape? It makes you wonder who would end up winning.

What's a bulborb?

Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 12:57 PM
bulborbs are enemies that look like giant maggots with 2 legs from the pikmin series.

Zombie Socks
#15 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:58 PM
Oh. Joy.
*runs to barf*

Hey, QUESTION TIME!

Q: What is your favorite and least favorite character design for a gimp?
(A gimp is an RPG character designed to be weak for game balance purposes, like goombas)

Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 12:21 AM
hmmm,
favorite: dry bones
least favorite: octrock

Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 8:08 PM
I hated the paper mario boos, they were just really annoying
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 8:12 PM
BTW, heres a pic of a bulborbhttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2026...1c3afa8.jpg?v=0
Screenshots
Zombie Socks
#19 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 8:47 PM
Froooooog!
By the way, who's the guy in your icon RiBlan? It looks like a neopet in 3D, buuuuut I'm guessing I'm wrong.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 12:18 AM
it's a spore character. :P

Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 12:19 AM
Yeah, I made it using the Creature Creator, I don't have Spore (yet)
Mad Poster
#22 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 4:53 AM
ah. did you by any chance see customsims3.com? the have a spore section, still. i think.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 5:17 AM
No, and CC got deleted off my computer.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 5:50 AM
Oh. darn. Why?

Mad Poster
#25 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 5:56 AM
Not sure, I think I might of deleted it. IDK. I'm probably going to re-install it sooner or later.

Page 1 of 8