Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Full Range Shiftable OMSPs - Closer than we've ever been!

by SilentLucidity Posted 8th Apr 2009 at 3:27 PM - Updated 11th Apr 2009 at 3:49 PM by SilentLucidity

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:44 PM
Amazing!!!! Thank you!!!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
RETROTROUT
#3 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 4:11 PM
This file is corrupted, can you please fix it. WinRAR keeps saying that it's corrupted. I tried downloading it by using firefox, internet explorer & google chrome and I even tried using 2 different computers and all of them keep saying that the file is broken. Can you please fix it!

Retrotrut Is On Zee Track
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 4:45 PM
so darn useful! thanks a bunches!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by retrotrut
This file is corrupted, can you please fix it. WinRAR keeps saying that it's corrupted. I tried downloading it by using firefox, internet explorer & google chrome and I even tried using 2 different computers and all of them keep saying that the file is broken. Can you please fix it!

Re-uplaoded, from freshly rar'd files--please try again.
RETROTROUT
#6 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 6:27 PM
thank you so much!

Retrotrut Is On Zee Track
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 8:30 PM
I may be stupid but what is "clicking up" an object?
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 8:49 PM
In AL (which is required for this download) you can shift the height of shelves and paintings by grabbing the object and then pressing on the "[" and "]" keys for up and down.

SilentLucidity, thank you again and again. These are more than I'd hoped for, and I can now flush my OMSP folder which had over 70 of them!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:13 PM
A dream come true......a wish fulfilled
I was awed by the originals but was pulling my hair out getting used to using them.
Now I won't be completely bald........
Thank you and kudos to both you and Snowmoon2001 for your time, talent and creativity.

p.s. Has Maxis contacted you about a job, yet?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:19 PM
Yes, I thought you meant that but it only works for wall hangings?
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 10:03 PM
Thank u!!! I have so many custom tables that NO OMSP has fit just right- BUT this should definitly!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 10:04 PM
Oh yeah, I will test this. One thing attracted me, able to hold lamps. Woohoo!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 10:48 PM
FINALLY!! ITs been DONE!! Words are not enough...

~DidaDragonfly~
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 12:08 AM
This is brilliant!! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 12:10 AM
Amazing and wonderful!! Thank you so much for these!!!!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 1:35 AM
Thank you a million times for making a file that only shows in collections. I so hate sloughing through the catalog! Hopefully these will be a complete OSMP solution - thanks for the extensive variety!! :D
Instructor
#17 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:02 AM
Brilliant, can't thank you enough
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:21 AM
Thank you all for your comments. I'm very glad you like this newest set of blocks. :P

AmyMercury1, the shifting feature only works for paintings and a few other limited things (like some wall-hanging lights). These shelves also shift, and since the purple set can hold almost anything, you can put nearly any 1-tile object you want on them and that object becomes 'shiftable' (because you're shifting the shelf it is on). It opens whole new doors into decorating as objects become your building blocks.

And I don't think working for EA would be my dream job, somehow.
Instructor
#19 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 10:35 AM
Awesome! This means I'll be able to sort out my OMSP files somewhat - I have a ton of them. Thanks!
Scholar
#20 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 8:32 PM
Like everyone else, I've ditched about any other creator's OMSP's since you're are pretty much the best out there.

Is it possible to make 2-tile OMSP's? Often I find myself wanting to wrangle an object on top another one and I just can't do it without one.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
Like everyone else, I've ditched about any other creator's OMSP's since you're are pretty much the best out there.

Is it possible to make 2-tile OMSP's? Often I find myself wanting to wrangle an object on top another one and I just can't do it without one.

I would love a 2-tile OMSP also. But it's not possible, at least, not in the way I think you want, which is able to hold a 2-tile object, yes? It is not possible to place multi-tiled objects on anything but ground, foundation or floor tiles, which is too bad, because it'd be awesome.

Or do you mean something like an invisible coffee table--it has two tiles and two slots and so can hold two items?
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 8:37 PM
I used these in my game last night and they work fabulously! It does take a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. Thank you for making cluttering simple.
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 2:30 PM
Hello and thanks for these. I have all your Collections Only OMSP's, I have all EP and SP's and lot of CC's and they work beautifully in my game.

I thought I'll mention this, its not a problem or bug really, I just downloaded the above set and was wondering why do I have two collection folders of the same OMSP's (OMSP's full range)? I manual install everything and clean my cache folders every after gameplay. I'm pretty sure I install them properly. I am not sure where to delete the duplicate... In-game collection folder catalogue or in the downloads folder (however there's only one copy of OMSP fullrange in my downloads folder)? Or if it can't be deleted, does it make any difference at all or safe to keep it that way? So far, my game is functioning okay. No problems with those two folders. Just thought I'll mention this.

I attached a screenshot for your reference.
Screenshots

--------------------------
~Currently Playing with my BJDs, Sims 2 and Sims 4~
not really into Sims 3...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 3:55 PM
ticticc13, that would be because--as I've just noticed--one of individual sets included in each download had an old copy of the collection file, with a different name than the 'official' collection, thus making two separate collections. I've removed that from the upload, and in your game it won't hurt to just delete one of those. Sorry 'bout that.

Also, a set of .smd files used to make these were left in there and have been removed as well. (They won't hurt anything either, just excess baggage.) My oversight, let me show you it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:27 PM
Ohhh, thank you so much!!!!

And I found them smd files. I will just delete them, and I'll test again. ^_^
Screenshots

--------------------------
~Currently Playing with my BJDs, Sims 2 and Sims 4~
not really into Sims 3...
Page 1 of 3