Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Le Théâtre

by stoffelsim Posted 19th Apr 2009 at 11:33 PM - Updated 20th Apr 2009 at 7:05 AM by stoffelsim

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:36 AM
It's gorgeous! Thank you so much! I always long for my neighbourhood to be filled with this kind of lots, but I'm not a good enough builder to create them on my own... This is exactly what I need, thanks again! :lovestruc
(I've also just seen your City Hall, so I'm now off to download that lot, too! )
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:50 AM
at first look i thought it was the manila cathedral in my country .. its beautiful ty
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 1:32 AM
*Squeal of joy* Wonderful! Thank you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Inventor
#5 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 1:39 AM
Congrats on the feature!! It is beautiful! So realistic!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 1:51 AM
Thanks a lot! It looks wonderful!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 3:29 AM
Oooh I can't wait to play this one. Thanx for uploading the hood pic.

xoxo lulu :lovestruc

Dyslexics Untie :P
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 9:14 AM
I love it, thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. I'm adding it to my neighborhood now.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 11:44 AM
wow, it looks magnificent! I like how it has loges and decorated stage, very cool!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:13 PM
Stunning ! Thanks for sharing
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:19 PM
That's a great building! Thanks for sharing and all the work on it.
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 7:28 PM
This is amazing! Incredible use of Maxis content too...love the roof, so well-balanced.

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 7:41 PM
Oh!
Thanks to all of you!
I wanted to keep it rather small, because most of the other theatres I've seen were too big for my pc to play without problems, but I liked to have at least one floor with loges.
You can also redecorate the stage into other themes for plays with the 'move objects'-cheat. I thought of a nice place for dance-career sims to have their grand entrance in ballet for example .
Have fun!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 4:58 PM
Beautifly done, a definate download. How do you get all the items to show up on the lower floor when on the upper floor as in your screenshot? I have tried using the maxis cheat but most items still don't show up (seating, counters, lights etc) with the exception of the easle & a couple of other items. If anyone can help me with this I will be your slave forever!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 2:30 PM
@Berilac Burrows:
You have to press 'tab' (-->|,at least it looks like this on my German keyboard) so the camera is fix and you can look up and down within this position. Second, I think you have to have the option 'objects hiding' turned off in your graphic or game settings.
Hope I'm not too wrong ;-)
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:29 PM
wonderful as always
thank you for uploading this
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 6:20 PM
gorgeous

Live..Laugh..Love..
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 9:00 PM
merci beaucoup!!!! Il est manifique! (lol sorry my french is really bad)
Forum Resident
#19 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 4:20 AM Last edited by sarah*rose : 10th May 2009 at 4:05 AM.
Wow! You did a great job on this, it looks great! Thanks! :D
Edit: It's beautiful in-game and looks so realistic! I love the stage :D

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 4:16 PM
Just...amazing! It's perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th May 2009 at 8:48 AM
Amazing work! Thanks a lot

Homo errans fera errante pejor
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th May 2009 at 4:45 PM
I appluad your effort to pay homage to the theatre, but may i make a few suggfestions, the structure of a theatre is not as simple as it may seem, there is so much lighting behind the curtains, so much mroe backstage, lighting rooms, dressing rooms and more space in the wings (for all you fellow thespians out there who know what i mean ;D),. Once agin i applaud your effort, but i would like to see and updated version with a larger back stage area and some realistic lighting.

P.S. This is not a critiscism its merely a reccomendation, i think it looks great overall.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:37 PM
Thanks for all the comments :lovestruc
@ liammccabe: I know that this theatre is not that realistic, like most sims houses and the game in general, there is no real backstage, no wardrobe, ticket counter and so on as you said...
I wanted to keep it small and playable. But feel free to change it as you like.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:55 PM
Thankyou! This is amazing work! Fits right into my neighbourhood!
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 1:29 AM
I love it soooooo much it is beatiful !!!
Page 1 of 3