Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Psychotic Career For Your Psycho Adult Sims

by Holly_Freakazoid Posted 24th Apr 2009 at 8:22 PM - Updated 25th Apr 2009 at 11:09 PM by Holly_Freakazoid

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 79 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 9:56 PM
dude, this is awesome, perfect for my asylum sims. Thanks so much.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 10:18 PM
This is seriously hilarious!! Now my whacked out sims have a career path to follow! Yay! Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 10:21 PM
Cool idea and neat descriptions. The icon for the job seems a bit weird though.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 11:02 PM
God, for a first download, it's really good!
I love it. =) Keep working up on creating stuff, and maybe update this career with some new stuff as time goes by? I'd love that too. ^__^ Good luck on your next projects though~~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 11:04 PM
haha, that is so great, I love this career! Thanks very much!

(I agree that the icon is a bit off, but you could update it. How about "weird look" as icon: oO )

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
#7 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 11:24 PM
I'm going to download this now, before( hopefully it dosen't) gets banned{due to drugs and murders[Yeah I know MTS2 is a "family oriented" site and all...(a lot of sub parenthesis hope you can keep up )]}

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 1:50 AM
LOL too funny...Great job...

"I have chosen darkness as my guide, Broken is my heart, Pain walks by my side, Grey is my Reality."
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 4:18 AM
Kewl, I've been waiting for something like this, all sims can't be good sims, and the crazy ones make the game more interesting. Hopefully this career won't get taken down and there will be more like it. Good job!!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 4:46 AM
I laughed a lot. Nice job :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 4:56 AM
Kind Of Disturbing IMO..Sorry
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 6:10 AM
That is awesome
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 7:09 AM
Love it. Very funny descriptions.
#14 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:27 AM
I love this, it seems to be influenced by the Joker, if you don't mind me saying but I guess that applies to all of the Psychotic Psychos in the world. Would you be willing to make a major for this, I need one and it is such a creative idea! Thank you so much and congratulations of your first upload!

Bites and Kisses
Vampy
Banned
#15 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:37 AM Last edited by joninmobile : 25th Apr 2009 at 8:48 AM.
I should point out that not all people with mental illness, or "psychotic" people are murderers, the term psychotic is a medical term used to describe people who hallucinate, or who have distorted thinking not necessarily homicidal. In fact most mentally ill people lead normal lives and do fine on medicine. It would be hard to tell a psychotic person from a "normal" person in many cases. This just adds to the stigma of mental illness in my opinion. But I do know and realize you worked very hard on this, because I know how tedious it is to write a career. And I myself have gotten some slams on some of my careers being not so politically correct too. I just thought I'd share how I felt about this issue.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:43 AM
How does this even make sense? Sims getting picked up in a carpool and paid for going some place they can go and... be crazy? That isn't how mental illness works and makes no sense for a sims career.

This also betrays a horrible misunderstanding of what mental illness is and how medications for it work. Most medications aren't going to do anything but give side effects to random people who take them, unless they're things like ADHD meds... in which case the person who was prescribed them was never psychotic in the first place. Never mind that your career here implies that the natural progression of mental illness is from delusional to depressed to psychotic, which is like implying physical illnesses progress from influenza to diabetes to cancer--ridiculous and having no relation to anything real.

If your purpose was to stigmatize mental illness further, way to go, I suppose. This career is a disgusting little bit of ignorance.
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:14 AM
The image you include reminds me of Jude Law's character in Road to Perdition. If he wasn't psychotic, then no one else is!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:59 AM
This is god awful and I have no idea how it even got posted

There is no spoon
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#19 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 11:19 AM
Okay guys, chill. Sims are a bit of fantasy - it's clearly not meant to be about -real- mental illness, but crazyass sims. Sims are sort of nuts to begin with - anyone who can stand at the fridge continually opening it to check if it somehow got restocked in the past 2 seconds in an endless loop clearly has a screw loose.

This was approved by staff and is just fine. If you don't like it, go download something else. Don't complain about it or report it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 1:55 PM
Amen to HP. D:
Cool career though, I'd honestly go for it.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#21 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:07 PM
This is quite original and hilarious! Thanks!

P.S. I have a mental illness, and a little lighthearted humor about it is just fine with me.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 7:22 PM
I appriciate the hard work you put in this, and this coupled with my asylum mod is sweet. Well, hilarious at best but still works rather well. I am all about making stories and this just fit with one sim I was working on. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:05 PM
Being someone who has enjoyed metal illness for the past 30 years, I can say that your career is right on the money. I have been in every mental hospital in Virginia and I can tell you I know all about crazy folk. You can call me an expert at it.

Pay no attention to those here that tried to get "Medical" with you about what you created. Unless they have walked a mile in my shoes, then I can tell you that they have no idea what they are talking about.

I see your career as a perfect addition to my crazy sim world, and a good reminder of the days I've lived in those confy rubber rooms, or "Time out" rooms those doctors poorly refered to them as.

Good job with the career. Looking forward to see how you improve this one, or what other stuff you come out with.
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:59 PM
Great career, I'm going to download it for my crazy and evil sims. I've got to give my good sims something evil to fight against, or they'll just get bored!

As for all of the naysayers, I can't say it any better than HP. The only thing I'll add is this: Sim careers don't make sense, not even the original ones (example: a nurse who gets promoted to being a doctor, yeah right ). This is a fantasy world, not reality. I mean, in my neighborhood, Voldemort was conversing with Faramir today. Aragorn and Lucius Malfoy are best friends with each other and my daughter. Reality? In the Sim world, who needs it? This is too much fun!

I'll get off of my soapbox and download this now. Thanks for uploading it!
Instructor
#25 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 9:23 PM
The picture you included in the download was actually perfect for the subject (there is a serial killer in "The Road to Perdition" that takes photos of his victims' corpses). Great job!
Page 1 of 4