Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:45 AM
Default Fave character/movie/quotes?
I don't want to seem like an idiot talking to myself so please join in

Fave character:
Samwise..self-explanatory.

Fave movie:
Fellowship, 'cause it's lighter, the fellowship is together, Boromir (!!), love the Mines of Moria and the epic Uruk battle.

Quotes:
"Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to"
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! COME ON!!"
"A new day will come and it'll shine out the clearer....there's some good in this world Mr Frodo, and its worth fighting for"
Basically, almost everything Sam says
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:27 PM
Fave character:
Eowyn of Rohan. Strong and beautiful: simply human.
Faramir of Gondor. Strong and handsome: simply human.

Fave movie:
The Return of the King Extended Edition, because of the scenes together...

Quotes:
Eowyn: The city has fallen silent. There is no warmth left in the sun.
Faramir: [approaching her] It is only the damp of the first spring rain.
[Eowyn looks up at him]
Faramir: I do not believe this darkness will endure.

LOL!!!!!!

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2009 at 12:38 AM
Awwww! That's so adorable
I've always wanted to get my mitts on ROTK extended just to see them hold hands
Faramir is very hot, I admit that

Btw I absolutely love your Eowyn and Faramir, almost died when I saw it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th May 2009 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by straightroad14
Btw I absolutely love your Eowyn and Faramir, almost died when I saw it.

You are really kind! Well, they are not so good... It was my first upload.
Actually I have totally redone Eowyn, with a brand new Miranda Otto skintone, but I need the time to take a few good pics before posting her on MTS2...
However, thank you!

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:55 AM
Of course they're good! If your Faramir and Eowyn weren't good than nothing on this site is good

*gasp* UPLOAD.MIRANDA.NOW!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:01 PM
Hi new member here XD

Favourite Character: Pippin *d'awww*

Favourite Movie: Return of the King Extended (All the extended really...)

Favourite Quote:
Gimli: "Whats happening out there?"
Legolas: "Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?" Makes me LOL everytime
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:56 PM
Favourite Character Books: Sam (It was while reading The Return Of The King that I came upon the realization that Sam was the true hero)

Favourite Character Movies: Too hard to choose! Legolas, with those long legs. But definitely fell in love with Eomer and Faramir.

Favourite Movie: All of them as a whole (preferably), each for their own reasons. The Fellowship was beautifully done and not quite as dark. But the battle scenes in Return Of The King are great, especially the Ride of the Rohirrim.

Favourite Quote: Forth Eorlingas!

And this will all change on my next viewing/reading of course.

"Wolves are not just wild dogs. Rather, dogs are domesticated wolves."
~L. David Mech; The Way Of The Wolf~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:10 AM
Welcome CTherese and Squarah!
Theoden has incredibly dramatic quotes, doesn't he?
I love Pippin!
I love the four main hobbits the most, they're all so loyal to one another its very touching
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:24 PM
Thank you for the Welcome, straightroad!

You're right about Theoden's quotes.
I especially loved:
Where is the horse and the rider
Where is the horn that was blowing
They have passed like rain on the mountains
Like wind in the meadow
Days have come down in the West
Over the hills
Into shadow

It deviates from the book, but still effective.

"Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

I adored Pippin too. Billy Boyd did such a wonderful job with the character. Actually, all the hobbit actors did great. The real sadness when reading the books comes when Pippin and Merry are separated. Oftentimes Pippin misses Merry while in Minas Tirith, and Merry misses Pippin's lighthearded ways, more than once, while riding with the Rohirrim.

Another favorite quote, both in the book and in the film:
"I will not say: do not weep; For not all tears are an evil."

Pax,
CTherese

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
Default Another Favourite Quote
Created as a digital graphic:

Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:31 AM
Wow, amazing picture!
It's beautiful

I thought all the LOTR actors were great, with the exception of Orlando Bloom. I didn't see many emotions from him, and in other movies (Troy, Pirates of the Caribbean) I didn't think he wasn't particularly good.

Ah, Gandalf's quote "I will not say do not weep..."
I cry every time I watch that scene
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by straightroad
Wow, amazing picture!
It's beautiful

I thought all the LOTR actors were great, with the exception of Orlando Bloom. I didn't see many emotions from him, and in other movies (Troy, Pirates of the Caribbean) I didn't think he wasn't particularly good.

Ah, Gandalf's quote "I will not say do not weep..."
I cry every time I watch that scene

CTherese, your graphic is really beautiful!! It really evokes the pull of the sea for the elves.

And not to be too funny, Straightroad, but you thought Faramir was hot in the movie (I loved him in the book too) but have you seen the actor that plays Faramir in the movie "Van Helsing" with Hugh Jackman? It'll change your view of the actor for sure.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:47 PM
Oh! You mean Carl? LOL I loved that character, but so un-Faramir. *grins*
Wenham also played a female role, Audrey, in Moulin Rouge. But I have to say the my favourite character he's played, besides Faramir, is Fr. Damien of Molokai. A beautiful film about a beautiful man, and he truly grasped the personality of the soon-to-be saint.

Thank you both—straightroad and edejan—for the kind compliments on the digital graphic.

Pax,
CTherese

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:58 PM
Lol I've seen Van Helsing too
I think he's a great actor and okay, he wasn't exactly a sex bomb as Carl but I still think David's very attractive.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:06 AM
Lol I've seen Van Helsing too
I think he's a great actor and okay, he wasn't exactly a sex bomb as Carl but I still think David's very attractive.

Yeah, he was hilarious but so homely!! I guess that means he's a really good character actor, because I swooned over his Faramir, who was probably my favorite real human character in the books and I'm glad, in the extended version of ROTK, they showed a little of the romance between Eowyn and Faramir.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:32 AM
Would you consider me weird that now, upon looking back at Van Helsing, I find Carl more attractive than Hugh Jackman's character?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:53 PM
Would you consider me weird that now, upon looking back at Van Helsing, I find Carl more attractive than Hugh Jackman's character?

LOL!! No, not at all! Though I do find Hugh Jackman extremely handsome (and what talent!!), if you're a true David Wenham fan, you'll find him attractive regardless of his role. I consider myself to be a true David Wenham fan, so we're kindred spirits in that area.

Check out the movie, Molokai. You'll love him in that film.

Pax,
CTherese

Banned
#18 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:14 AM Last edited by joninmobile : 13th Jun 2009 at 9:52 AM.
GANDALF! Ever since I started reading the books when I was a child, Gandalf really struck my attention. He was so wise, and just brilliant! Gandalf is my total favorite! as you can see from my avatar!~

Second favorite Galadriel (actually tied with Gandalf):

OMG I love me some Galadriel, she's soooo elegant, and regal. When I started reading the fellowship of the Ring she was my favorite by far (okay okay tied with Gandalf) and her name is just so pretty. If I ever have a girl (which I don't see happening in the future) I want to name her Galadriel Rhiannon, cus that name is just so pretty.

Edit quotes:

In no particular order:

" So passes Denathor son of Ekthelion lord and steward of Gondor"

" I withdraw you Saruman like poision is withdrawn from a wound"

"Fool of Took, throw yourself in next time"

" And in place of a Dark Lord you will have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the night and day, more powerful than the foundations of the earth! All will love me and despair. I have passed the test, I will diminish, and go into the West and remain Galadriel".

"Year 3434 of the second age...."

"Go back to the shadow"

" Gandalf, yes, Gandalf that was my name. Gandalf the grey. I am Gandalf the White, and I come to you now at the turn of the tide"

"You smoke too much Pip"

"Young master Gandalf"

" Death is not the end." I forgot the rest of the quote but it was Gandalf talking to Pippin in the last movie. He said something about white shores, and a silver curtain. I thought it was so poetic.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
" Death is not the end." I forgot the rest of the quote but it was Gandalf talking to Pippin in the last movie. He said something about white shores, and a silver curtain. I thought it was so poetic.

*clears throat*
Tolkien Geek replies:

Film:
Gandalf: And then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Book (The Grey Havens):
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise." ~J.R.R. Tolkien~

Wonderful choices joninmobile!
I believe my favorite Gandalf quote is said at the Grey Havens, both in the film and the book! Imagine that! LOL

"I will not say: do not weep; For not all tears are an evil"

Pax,
CTherese

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:57 AM
Lol jon, I can see in your avatar who just might be your favorite

The little speech about white shores and beyond is really deep.

I always cry at that scene.

"We set out to save the Shire, Sam, and we did.
But not for me" - Frodo.
Banned
#21 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:58 PM Last edited by joninmobile : 16th Jun 2009 at 10:23 AM.
I like this quote too,

"What do you fear my lady?'

'A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire."

"That will not become your fate, you are a daughter of kings".

Also:

"A day may come when the hope of men fails, and the days of Numenor are all but spent, but it is not this day, this day, we fight!"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:03 AM
"I see the same fear in your eyes that would take the heart of me!"
or something to that effect.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM
I always cry at that scene.

I've already been crying all along during that scene. LOL

It starts from "Then let us be rid of it... once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo, I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you!"

...and I bawl my eyes out through the rest of the movie, even through the end credits.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:17 PM
My fave character must be Pippin
And my fave movie is The Return of the King Or The Two Towers.. Errh mabye The Fellowship... Argh, they're all good..

actually, the name is camille & this username is very, very old
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 9:26 AM
Pippin is adorable! Lol I just wanna give my TV a big hug when he's on the screen :P
I love love the scene in the Fellowship of the Ring, during the big Uruk battle,
Frodo was hiding behind the tree and Pippin and Merry bravely jump out from their hiding spot and cause a diversion. "Hey you! Over here!" It's so courageous and loyal of them.
I get goosebumps every time I see it.

Page 1 of 2