Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:03 PM
Default Boolprop!!!
Quote: Originally posted by kelpschinator
no no, testing cheats enabled
its really bad
it messed up my dressers. i know that, but was able to fix it.
and i think it messed around with 3ed story's in houses. boooooooo to boolprop.
use InSim, it had everything boolprop has.

I think boolprop messed up my dresser too! when my sims get married under the arch, they no longer change into the progammed wedding dresses to get married instead it is their formal wear they get married in! i want to change this problem back and have tried every thing if anyone has any ideas please help me!!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:05 PM
carrray2, I think that's due to an EP, not boolprop.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#28 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:08 PM
so how can i fix this problem? it didnt happen after i had loaded an ep though?!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#29 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:12 PM
You can't fix it, after one of the EP's maxis changed it so they use formalwear instead of wedding outfits. You can download wedding stuff and purchase it, plan it as your formalwear and then get married if you want them in wedding outfits.
#30 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 4:15 PM
oh i see! ****** such an easy thing! well yea ive downloaded a tonne of wedding outfits instead, its just a shame some of my sims got married in such horrible outfits!! thanx...
Original Poster
#31 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 5:25 PM
well whether boolprop corrupts the game alot
i used to use it all the time, but a while ago whenever i clicked on a dresser i got a message saying if i want to delete restart and cancel as clickable choices.
i got some advice to turn boolprop off and i did it, and that message never popped up again (since i'm never using it again!!) but i still couldn't get the dresser to work correctly, but that was because of hack conflictions... so idk how much damanged really caused.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:18 PM
If I don't type the boolprop code, my families won't load. It will load forever.
Test Subject
#33 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
No it doesn't- the worse thing that can happen by using the testing cheats is that you can inadvertently spawn an off world object that affects the lot, but even this can be reversed if you exit without saving. The only cheat that could be really detrimental is the delete all characters cheat, but even that one isn't scary if you back up your game regularly (and any way, why would you type that in if you didn't want to delete all characters??) I really get annoyed when people say thngs like 'boolprop can mess up your game'- I've been using the testing cheats for two years with no corruption or game crashes. The biggest problem people have is by clicking things they don't understand and then saving the game (like, give dead token? Oh, let's do that then save the game....) and also by using about 300 hacks which all conflict with each other. There are plenty of guides on how to use the testing cheats correctly over on MTS2, and after all- they are TESTING cheats, they aren't supposed to be used all the time.

As soon as I read that it ruins your game I doubted myself, thanks for clearing it up though. I always turn boolProp off once I am done using it. Does the Sim Modder & Plan Outfit do any damage? That is all I use, and the get thin, I don't test the cheats or use any of the other options.
#34 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:56 PM
They spawn objects that you can use to modify your sim.

BE WARNED that the PLan Outfit option is very buggy and has been known to mess up sims. I'm talking abou tthe boolprop plan bjects, not the normal gameplay one.
#35 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bad kay
If I don't type the boolprop code, my families won't load. It will load forever.

Are you serious!?!? My game does that EXACT same thing. I have to have boolprop enabled of the families dont load My game is boolprop dependant.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kelpschinator
well whether boolprop corrupts the game alot
i used to use it all the time, but a while ago whenever i clicked on a dresser i got a message saying if i want to delete restart and cancel as clickable choices.
i got some advice to turn boolprop off and i did it, and that message never popped up again (since i'm never using it again!!) but i still couldn't get the dresser to work correctly, but that was because of hack conflictions... so idk how much damanged really caused.

If you get an error message, this shows that you have some kind of conflict or incompatible mod/ hack in your game. You need to remove the offending file from your Downloads folder. If the errors aren't serious the game will play okay when not in debug mode, and you will most of the time not even notice an error. That is what the testing cheats are for- they allow you to view error reports and test out situations and reactions that are difficult to test out during normal game play.

Quote: Originally posted by AquaKitsune
Are you serious!?!? My game does that EXACT same thing. I have to have boolprop enabled of the families dont load My game is boolprop dependant.

This shows that something in your game is causing a critical error- perhaps an infinite loop or some other fault that the game cannot get over. Therefore, the game will not function unless you are in debug mode and can delete the cause of the error. You should use this method to find the problem file(s):
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139702
#37 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:37 PM
There is sadly no evidence in that text to prove that there will be. It is identifying weather as an interest :D

Blakkkcat13.
Test Subject
#38 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:12 PM
I'm glad there is no actual weather in this game. My computer just works with the minmum requirements in terms of memory and graphics ram and if weather was turned on, god knows it would definetly make my experience with the game go much more worse.
Page 2 of 2