Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 28th May 2008 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
EDIT: Grilled cheese got way too popular to be left out in Sims 3.

Grilled cheese and llama references: the two things we can be 100% sure of showing up in Sims 3?

:O)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:52 AM
Has anyone noticed that to the right of the plumbob there appears to be a waterfall?
#53 Old 28th May 2008 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Will Galen
Has anyone noticed that to the right of the plumbob there appears to be a waterfall?

Yes, it’s look like a waterfall but I also believe it’s just the background decoration, it might be a 3d object but you can not go where because it’s outside the city border.

But I think this image is exiting; we got beaches and we can build in hilly terrain. Just hope the game handles height differences better than sims2, sims can not interact with objects who are 5 cm higher or lower than them. So the first thing you do then getting an loot is to level everything.

The sims themselves look less impressive. Still have clipping problems as seen on the shirt on the man in front. If it’s not a separate shirt and shorts it’s disappointing, I have actually been hoping for dynamic clothes.
Will not talk about hair; all the hairstyles here need replacing except on the man in the background, perhaps also the lady in the background, cant see much of her.
Scholar
#54 Old 28th May 2008 at 10:38 AM
Propaganda probable yes. They are still working on the game and can remove things like picnic functions, usable beaches etc. It would be a pity but it's not over now.

Even if mountains and waterfall (it's seem to be one yes) are just neighborhood decorations, I hope they will stay at least visible and like that in the final product. A simple hope.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th May 2008 at 10:55 AM
No doubt it's a decoration, but I think it's a real waterfall. They designed one for Sims2 but never activated it for the game. Someone at Mod2 made it available. So this one likely works okay.

You know while I'm at it what bugs me is it still won't look like a real town. Why? No parking lots or cars siting around in them.
Scholar
#56 Old 28th May 2008 at 11:10 AM
Yep Numenor have make it available in the Sims 2 game. :D
I just hope that in the Sims 3 Maxis will really add it and allow to make the players see it from a lot view too.
Theorist
#57 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mihura
Yep Numenor have make it
I just hope that in the Sims 3 Maxis will really add it and allow to make the players see it from a lot view too.

Um, Maxis no longer exists. EA has complete control over TS3 (and has had all development of TS2 since dissolving Maxis).

This is one of the many reasons I'm not hopeful about TS3. EA has a reputation for taking products originally developed by smaller companies and ruining them.
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th May 2008 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
-What's that plumbbob doing there? Is it on top of a building?

It looks like it's on top of the kid's head, but a little too far

Nice graphics, I just don't like the sims looking too childish...but anyways, nothing that good custom content won't improve
Test Subject
#59 Old 28th May 2008 at 11:04 PM
did you mention the picnic ladie's eyes? It seems she is really looking at the man, not just moving her head, but even eyes are moveable it seems...
Mad Poster
#60 Old 29th May 2008 at 5:28 AM
I agree that if the waterfall and mountains are not functional, then at least have them as decorative objects that can moved around and still viewable while playing.
Scholar
#61 Old 29th May 2008 at 10:33 PM
If mountains like that can be moved and placed anywhere I wonder how it will be integrated (and harmonised) in the skyline of the hood. If it's stay pretty I'm fine with that. :p

I haven't note the woman gaze on her husband (?). If it's implemented it will be great !!!

PS : The trees (which seem directly from Bon Voyage EP) are with different heights no ? Like some palm trees on MTS... I hope it will stay in the future game for more variety...
#62 Old 30th May 2008 at 4:00 AM
I agree that if the waterfall and mountains are not functional, then at least have them as decorative objects that can moved around and still viewable while playing.

You can make a waterfall that looks pretty good and be useable in the game to. Use an animated texture and transparency map for the water and spray. It would obviously only be a static figure, add a cooling effect and some hygiene and you have a functional waterfall sims could use. Only problem is that it would have fixed height and you need a cliff face for it to run over and you need multiple water plains water on top feed by a stream and water on bottom who looks like its running away. Integrating it in the terrain would be the hardest part because we can modify the terrain.
Thinking of the old sim city exploit, you drag a river so it go over a mountain top and have power plants on both sides.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 31st May 2008 at 3:32 AM
Oooh, that is neat, I hope something like that gets to be in Sims 3. I really want a functional waterfall and river/lake in Sims 3. Oooh, imagine if Sims can swim in them and go behind the waterfall and hang out there? Maybe it could serve as a great hideout for secret lovers. Or a teen couple's first kiss can happen there! Awww! I figure since now it actually matters what your Sims do in public (as stated in articles) they may want privacy so as to avoid gossip and unwanted reputations. Also, if you want a Sim to cheat but not get caught, a hideout would be a great idea.
#64 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 8:52 PM
I want the sims to be able to go swimming at the beach or something, and be able to collect seashells or go sailing. I also want the sims to go surfing or wakeboarding. I personally think it will add more fun to the game.
#65 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 9:54 AM
From what I've seen so far, the sims' heads look smaller than in the sims 2 and their faces are rounder.
I don't know if I like it. I did feel that the faces in the sims 2 were a little too long and it was hard to make a person with a little round face (without their looks in other ages getting messed up), but these images look somewhat weird to me. Like their proportions were too sterile, model-like... I 'don't know. It's a vague, slightly uncomfortable overall feeling I get from looking at them.

Quote: Originally posted by taddykins
I just don't like the sims looking too childish...

yup, that's another way to describe their looks.
#66 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:18 AM
Oh my my! This is what I call REALISTIC!
Mad Poster
#67 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 3:07 AM
I want more info and pics. I really want to see a huge variety of different Sims.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
Grilled cheese and llama references: the two things we can be 100% sure of showing up in Sims 3?

:O)

and i'm sure that sims have a 100% chance of appearance in sims 3 0.0

the pic looks very good... i really hope it's from the real game :D
Mad Poster
#69 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 7:22 PM
I would not be surprised about the grilled cheese and llama obsessions returning. But has the llama obsession started in Sims 1 or is it like grilled cheese in that it started in Sims 2? I forget.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 7:45 PM
I would not be surprised about the grilled cheese and llama obsessions returning. But has the llama obsession started in Sims 1 or is it like grilled cheese in that it started in Sims 2? I forget.

Llama obsession started in Sims 1.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#71 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:37 PM
Before that- the Llama obsession, Kitty Kibble and Landgraabs were in Sim City 3K (1999). Not sure if they were mentioned in earlier Sim City versions.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:31 AM
Oh wow, so the llama obsession is old school! LOL I never knew that. I just thought it was a Sims 2 thing. I do like how each game has a uniqueness to it. I wonder what common new obsession will be in Sims 3.
Instructor
#73 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:46 AM
It seems Maxis have a thing for Llamas... whenever I watch my brother play Sim City I always notice the Llama references.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:42 PM
Actually, the Llama thing is a Monty Python reference.

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Field Researcher
#75 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by malthaussen
Actually, the Llama thing is a Monty Python reference.

-- Mal

Llamas are larger than frogs.
Page 3 of 4