Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 4:31 AM
Default ts3
Quote: Originally posted by Cecilia
I'm starting to have a doubt in my mind that TS3 is going to be as good as TS2. I don't like the fact you can only have one neighborhood, and that the needs bars gone.
I will still probably buy it but I have a feeling I will mainly stick to TS2.

Is anyone else thinking this? Or is it just me?

I looked up ts3 and the graphic is amazing, I'm sure that it will be better than ts2 because all those cartoon facial expressions are gone and the sims have more freedom than ever.
Advertisement
#27 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 1:36 AM
Default My Pro's, and My Con's (mostly con's)
Personally, I have a bad feeling about TS3. I feel like to a lot of people, (maybe just me..) TS2 will be hard to beat. I of course, will maybe buy it. I haven't decided yet, I know my friend will want me to buy it since she has a Mac and the Mac version's always come out later (in case you can't tell I'm on the fence about the issue.).

EDIT: Thought I would post the things that look good,
- The different heights and body shapes. Finally, a realistic sim-self!

Um, thats all I can think of, I know I'm sad.

billy
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 4:54 PM
I’m concern most about the facial feature of the sim.
From the previews all the characters look cartoonish.
I’ve work to hard on collecting and organize my CC items for furniture, hair, make up and clothes.
Unless it cost $20 or lower I’m not buying it.
Alchemist
#29 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cecilia
I'm starting to have a doubt in my mind that TS3 is going to be as good as TS2. I don't like the fact you can only have one neighborhood, and that the needs bars gone.
I will still probably buy it but I have a feeling I will mainly stick to TS2.

Is anyone else thinking this? Or is it just me?

Just like Sims 1, I'm dropping TS2 like a bad habit the minute TS3 comes out. As far is TS3 better than TS2, it's impossible to tell at this stae of the game. All we've seen are a few screen and a few snippets of how the game will work
Instructor
#30 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 5:17 PM
I'm still not convinced that we actually will get different hights since it doesn't mention anything about it on the Sims 3 site. I would gladly be proven wrong though! =) I know that some fansite list it as a feature but I have a feeling it's wishful thinking.
I have mixed feelings about the game so far. I love the new traits system and the seamless neighbourhood but the graphics is mearly OK, the hairs suck (so does the eyes and skin but they're easy to fix) and I'm concerned about what type of SecuRom will be used (I'm pretty sure they'll still use it by then unfortunatly).

Sorry for being OT but how do you get the box thingy round the quote?
Everytime I try I only get plain text?
#31 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alma70
Sorry for being OT but how do you get the box thingy round the quote?
Everytime I try I only get plain text?

You press the quote button on the bottom right of the post. Don't erase the things like {QUOTE=(Insert poster's name here)} {/QUOTE}
(Replace the { and } with [ and ].

Anyways, I'm sort of on the fence on the topic, like some other people are.

I sort of don't like some of the features and I sort of do.
But I really won't get a good opinion on it, until I actually play it.

I'm going to wait maybe a day or two and see what other people say. If they say it's good I'll go and buy it, if I like it, I'm happy, if I don't, then I just lost $20-$50.
Instructor
#32 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by androfire
You press the quote button on the bottom right of the post. Don't erase the things like {QUOTE=(Insert poster's name here)} {/QUOTE}
(Replace the { and } with [ and ].

Thank you!
Just had to try. =)
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 12:47 PM
i hope the graphics get buffed up... i think that realistic gameplay isn't enough. graphics must be realistic too
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:21 AM
The only thing I don't like about is the Sims themselves, too shiny for me and everyone looks related to each other, but the gameplay alone with make it much better than The Sims2, the continious neighborhood and everything will be played in Real Time, no more feeling of being islolated whereever you go in The Sims2.

As for new need bars, who cares, you will get used to them in a day or two.
#35 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:25 AM
The Sims on Sims 3 (This is mainly judging from the Preview in FreeTime) look waaaay too much alike (I mean with the actual face structure, girls and guys look WAY alike), either there's some crazy imbreeding going on in Pleasantview, or they need to get some fixin' done.
#36 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
But I still think a message like 'John is hungry! Click here to feed him!" is so stupid. We're not a bunch of kindergärtners who need to be told what to do all the time... I think I rather have them waving at me than pop up messages. Imagine if we play a household containing 8 sims, I bet there'll be pop up spams all the time...

I'm pretty sure that the game won't have multiple pop-ups showing at the same time for all household sims. I think it will only happen with the sim you are currently controlling. Since the sims in TS3 will be more independent and able to provide for themselves intelligently, once you stop controlling one sim and go to the next, they will automatically fulfill all their needs on their own. Kind of understand what I mean?

I think there is so much about The Sims 3 yet to be revealed, so yes, I think it is to early to compare Sims 2 to Sims 3 (besides, one is a completely packaged game, the other still has a year to develop before its released...:P).
Field Researcher
#37 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Brutuz
The Sims on Sims 3 (This is mainly judging from the Preview in FreeTime) look waaaay too much alike (I mean with the actual face structure, girls and guys look WAY alike), either there's some crazy imbreeding going on in Pleasantview, or they need to get some fixin' done.

I know!!! And their heads are too large in proportion the body. And too round! It's like The Invasion of The Balloonheads.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 8:34 AM
the only thing i am sad about is how I spent all the money on the Sims 2 EPs, and now they are going to be out-dated, and everyone will move on to TS3. and Sims 2 will be left in the dust like TS1
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 7:21 AM
If you had fun with the Sims 2 and its EPs I think it was money worth spent.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Maybe, but the fun for me is to actually click on various things and objects. To click on a message and have the sim went on their own is a... dunno... a turn off for me. It seems like a step backward *shrugs* I guess I'll just have to wait and see, I think I'll get it though, no matter what, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna like it

Quote: Originally posted by Jacki
I'm pretty sure that the game won't have multiple pop-ups showing at the same time for all household sims. I think it will only happen with the sim you are currently controlling. Since the sims in TS3 will be more independent and able to provide for themselves intelligently, once you stop controlling one sim and go to the next, they will automatically fulfill all their needs on their own. Kind of understand what I mean?

Part of the fun for me is being able to make these choices. What if I want my Sims to grill out instead of regular cooking? What if there's a pizza on the way, and they head for the fridge before it's delivered? What if I'm sending them on a dinner date, and they eat first? I don't like it.

I don't want the game automatically doing the things that really, essentially *are* the game play. It's about being able to control these little people well enough to make them happy, not about sitting back and watching the AI do it all.
Alchemist
#41 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
If you had fun with the Sims 2 and its EPs I think it was money worth spent.

I totally agree
#42 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 11:02 PM
I'm really excited about "Customizing Everything".

I think the pros outweigh the cons, and it seems really exciting.

Why do I know this is going to lead to a midnight three hour line in front of best buy?
#43 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hinoemasim
Part of the fun for me is being able to make these choices. What if I want my Sims to grill out instead of regular cooking? What if there's a pizza on the way, and they head for the fridge before it's delivered? What if I'm sending them on a dinner date, and they eat first? I don't like it.

I don't want the game automatically doing the things that really, essentially *are* the game play. It's about being able to control these little people well enough to make them happy, not about sitting back and watching the AI do it all.

Well that deserves another topic altogether... (I think there already is one... called the 'complain about everything we know so far on The Sims 3' thread... ) I was responding to treaag's fear of having numerous 'moodlets' appear all at once, which would be quite annoying. I see what you mean in terms of being able to control sims in such a way, not having them run a mock without some of your input -but- I am sure that people who play The Sims 3 for a while (if they decide) will find this new type of gameplay useful, if not improved from The Sims 1 & 2. I will especially, since I don't think there is a game out there (as far as I'm aware of) that has independent, free thinking AI people who don't require you to click on an object every time they need to go pee. That, for me, is far more annoying than just being able to allow my sims to fend for themselves and make decisions without my say so! I think it would be cute to see sims build their own lives and develop little quirks that I wouldn't have even thought of. It sounds so far like it would be an exciting game, but not for people who are used to having reign over every detail of the game.

But I think we all know that this game won't appeal to everyone, so what's the point in arguing over it? If you don't like it, then great for you. But please, would all The SIms 3 haters quit raining on our parades? :P
Field Researcher
#44 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jacki
But I think we all know that this game won't appeal to everyone, so what's the point in arguing over it? If you don't like it, then great for you. But please, would all The SIms 3 haters quit raining on our parades? :P

I don't understand. The thread title is 'TS3, really as good as or better than TS2?' I'm simply expressing my opinion that from what I've seen so far, it may not be, here's why. That's not hate, it's simply what I think.

I personally think that it would have been better to work with the existing structure of TS2 and overhaul it's weaknesses instead of what they seem to have done, which is scrap most of the existing engine and radically change it. I could be wrong though- we'll see.
#45 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 3:21 AM
I really don't care its all good
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 4:36 PM
i'm not liking the look of aging while were not there or the looks of simmies.
i should jude till i actulaly hear.see about it but atm till ea release new images im not buying it.
i hope theres a cheat for no aging though i hate the thought of playing my favorite family, playing diffrent simmies, then going back to see my favorite simmies graves! ( or a option to not age this family, like you can turn free will off,!!)

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#47 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Maybe it will be like click here and the sims will go by himself to the fridge.

Maybe. We never know. But i think its wacky that the needs bars gone.
And hopefully we'll be able to make videos with this new software. -sigh-
#48 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hinoemasim
I personally think that it would have been better to work with the existing structure of TS2 and overhaul it's weaknesses instead of what they seem to have done, which is scrap most of the existing engine and radically change it. I could be wrong though- we'll see.

You do realize the only way to get better graphics and a better AI is to make a brand new game engine. That's how it's done.
#49 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 4:48 AM
I'm just a bit worried my computer won't be able to handle it.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
You do realize the only way to get better graphics and a better AI is to make a brand new game engine. That's how it's done.

Seasons really enchanced the existing graphics of The Sims2, such as swimming pools, lakes, the sky,etc. So EPs can update existing graphics has required.

But ppl seem to forget, The Sims 3 has completely New Gameplay, not possible with Sims2 EPs, such as the continuous neighborhood.
Page 2 of 4